Body Fat estimate

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys! Im about two weeks into my cut again with proper training and i also managed to get my nutrition in line.
What do you guys think my bf% is? I'm thinking somewhere in the low 20's.
I've lost like 90% of my moobs which im really glad about, and when I'm flexing my arms are pretty vascular (both major veins show up both in biceps and forearms as well as the tree like ones in forearms), my right bicep vein is always popped and I can see my shoulder muscle serrations when i flex (with proper lighting the last one).
What do you guys think?
received_774542339600926.jpeg

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1436.JPG

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot man! So i was right, im around 20% bf.
This is the first time i actually cut, how long does it take to drop down to 15%? Im 73kg 18yo @1620 cals and i work out 2 times a day around 5 hours in total each day with 20 minutes of liss or hiit cardio included, depending on how i feel, workout days are 3 on 1 off.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
Thanks a lot man! So i was right, im around 20% bf.
This is the first time i actually cut, how long does it take to drop down to 15%? Im 73kg 18yo @1620 cals and i work out 2 times a day around 5 hours in total each day with 20 minutes of liss or hiit cardio included, depending on how i feel, workout days are 3 on 1 off.
Everybody is different in terms of weight loss. Many factors come into play. Diet, training, metabolism, age, hormones etc. 5 hours does sound like overkill. It may work for now, but I think eventually your metabolism will start to slow down especially at 1600 cal. You should be losing around 2-3 lbs a week at your condition. That’s a good, healthy pace. Just keep it going. If things start to slow down you may have to make some adjustments as you go.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Everybody is different in terms of weight loss. Many factors come into play. Diet, training, metabolism, age, hormones etc. 5 hours does sound like overkill. It may work for now, but I think eventually your metabolism will start to slow down especially at 1600 cal. You should be losing around 2-3 lbs a week at your condition. That’s a good, healthy pace. Just keep it going. If things start to slow down you may have to make some adjustments as you go.
If i stall i might increase cardio and do some carb refeed days. My macros currently are carbs/protein/fat is 100/142/72, but most time i eat around 150 grams of protein with a little less carbs or fat always fitting the 1600 calories.

I lift that much in a day because i have the energy and i really enjoy lifting, it's not brcause i want to lose fat fast.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
If i stall i might increase cardio and do some carb refeed days. My macros currently are carbs/protein/fat is 100/142/72, but most time i eat around 150 grams of protein with a little less carbs or fat always fitting the 1600 calories.

I lift that much in a day because i have the energy and i really enjoy lifting, it's not brcause i want to lose fat fast.
Refeeds work great! Sounds like you have a good plan. Just work it, and make adjustments when they need to be made!

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Refeeds work great! Sounds like you have a good plan. Just work it, and make adjustments when they need to be made!
Great! It's great to hear that my plan is good, since ive seen results. I used to powerlift, and while i was pretty strong for the 6 months i trained i was pretty fat ( I was lifting 137.5kg squat 145kg deadlift 95kg bench @ 82kg bodyweight in under 6 months when i started bellow 70kg in all my lifts) but with a lot of fat. With a portion reduction i got to 75 and then i started counting calories and reached that part, and converted to a bodybuilding program since i could not keep on going along the powerlifring program. (I used canditos program just for bench/upper body and smolov for squats)
I really want to cut so i can bulk again, but more interested in bodybuilding now in terms of physique

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
A few tips

1. You want to diet on as many calories as possible.
2. A 5% adjustment in calories per week is enough
3. Aim for 1lb of fat loss a week
4. Red meat is the most nutritionally dense food
5. Eating the same thing every day and unprocessed food will also remove that minor bloating you have in the lower abdominal area
6. Add activity when fat loss stalls, alternate weekly between reducing calories and increasing activity. Obviously both of these have their limits as you can't train 4x a day or eat 1000kcal a day

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
A few tips

1. You want to diet on as many calories as possible.
2. A 5% adjustment in calories per week is enough
3. Aim for 1lb of fat loss a week
4. Red meat is the most nutritionally dense food
5. Eating the same thing every day and unprocessed food will also remove that minor bloating you have in the lower abdominal area
6. Add activity when fat loss stalls, alternate weekly between reducing calories and increasing activity. Obviously both of these have their limits as you can't train 4x a day or eat 1000kcal a day
Thanks a lot for the advice. By the moment i saw your username i knew you would be mentioning red meat (i follow your carnivore diet log)
That's some solid advice. I did a refeed today and im gonna keep going the same way until i stall. Then ill begin adjusting activity levels or calories as you said.
I really want to get rid of that bloat, i basically eat almost the same thing everyday (meat w/rice and green beans or broccoli or brussels sprouts)

Thanks a lot!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the advice. By the moment i saw your username i knew you would be mentioning red meat (i follow your carnivore diet log)
That's some solid advice. I did a refeed today and im gonna keep going the same way until i stall. Then ill begin adjusting activity levels or calories as you said.
I really want to get rid of that bloat, i basically eat almost the same thing everyday (meat w/rice and green beans or broccoli or brussels sprouts)

Thanks a lot!
Remove the greens, increase the sodium and watch the magic happen. Obviously I have significant bias! Good luck mate
If you need fibre, try a raw carrot. Tip Stan Efferding gave me

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 8
GrizzleB Weight Loss 43
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 0
coryneto Weight Loss 12