Clen before strength workout or before cardio workout?

ftfaaa

Awards
In general I will first do 1.5 hour strength workout then do 0.5 hour cardio workout. I wonder which is the best time to take clen.

My question:

1. Will clen enhance or weaken my strength or have no effect? If it can enhance my strength or have no effect, I can take it before my strength workout. Otherwise I can only take it before cardio.

2. How long before workout should I take clen?

Thanks for your replies.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey bro,

Personally I take it first thing before my cardio (I do cardio in am and lift PM) but a bit part of that is making sure no sleep issues etc.

I think most people suggest taking as pwo before strength training in your situation. It’s got small anabolic properties so gives a little bit of benefit there.

IMO feeling like your ‘on’ something normally helps with mental focus when lifting

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't overstress or overcomplicate the timing. There's no need to bring it to the gym and take it after weight/before cardio. I personally take it first thing in the morning to keep it consistent. This ends up being before my workout (I typically train in the AM fasted, and do cardio directly following lifting).

Clen has been studied to have some small anabolic properties, so there's certainly no harm in taking it before you lift. It might also be easier to just take it in the morning so you don't have to dose it around your workout. Just make sure you're taking in plenty of water and taurine before you train.

Gcrewhcp

Gcrewhcp

Awards
Youll definitely notice an increase in energy....if youre doing anything that requires neurological efficiency (sprinting, boxing, jumping), you'll notice improvement.

From my personal experience, its best to not do any type of cardio or lifting the first time you try clen, especially if you bought it from a research company. They typically make it stronger. For safety purposes, see how you react first to it without any type of physical activity.

Newth

Awards
Youll definitely notice an increase in energy....if youre doing anything that requires neurological efficiency (sprinting, boxing, jumping), you'll notice improvement.

From my personal experience, its best to not do any type of cardio or lifting the first time you try clen, especially if you bought it from a research company. They typically make it stronger. For safety purposes, see how you react first to it without any type of physical activity.
This is very sound advice.
I used it in high doses before the heart issues were known, it will increase strength a lot at high doses but with the raised blood pressure from lifting heavy I would recommend not going over medium doses for long term health.
It will kick in within 20 minutes and be active for hours(I can't remember half-life) so don't worry about timing to much.

Also be careful with other compounds that work on the CNS while using clen.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Clen increases BMR by 5-10% in clinical studies
My BMR is around 1750kcal a day
5% increase is 1837.5kcal

Is it really worth taking clenbuterol to burn an extra 87.5 - 170kcal
Personally I would rather just put down the fork

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clen has a half life of 1 day no need to take it pre-workout.

Gcrewhcp

Gcrewhcp

Awards
Clen increases BMR by 5-10% in clinical studies
My BMR is around 1750kcal a day
5% increase is 1837.5kcal

Is it really worth taking clenbuterol to burn an extra 87.5 - 170kcal
Personally I would rather just put down the fork
Clen is to be used for someone who is really trying to dial it in for a show and assist them with losing the last amount of bodyfat, getting them into the single digits.
I dont recommend anyone else using it for any other purpose.
You're right on about adjusting your nutrition in relationship to your physical activity, to burn body fat.