Metformin for fat loss

1. Metformin for fat loss

Has anytime used metformin for fat loss?

2. Is this the diabetes meds?
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Is this the diabetes meds?
    Yes it is however loads of things online saying it can melt fat

4. Metformin increases insulin resistance, but Berberine is better actually, and it doesn't require a prescription...
    What interests me are long term studies on it's cancer resistance properties.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?

5. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Metformin increases insulin resistance, but Berberine is better actually, and it doesn't require a prescription...
    Metformin or berberine?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Metformin or berberine?
    Berberine is better.

Metformin also reduces your B12, and has some effect on your liver.

"In summary, that berberine is a potent oral hypoglycemic agent with modest effect on lipid metabolism. It is safe and the cost of treatment by berberine is very low. It may serve as a new drug candidate in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. "
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?

7. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Metformin increases insulin resistance, but Berberine is better actually, and it doesn't require a prescription...
    Haha why do you post on things that you donít understand? Metformin is prescribed widely for type two diabetes (insulin resistance)
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Aussies interested in OL Product's shipped locally and US prices, PM me.
    [email protected]

8. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Haha why do you post on things that you don’t understand? Metformin is prescribed widely for type two diabetes (insulin resistance)
    Well, you make as delicate as always. Where to begin however. I know it's intended use.

Ever since before both my parents died from cancer, I was searching for various means to prevent; or care of those suffering with it. Maybe turn down the hate a little bit.

You like to quote NCBI. After a cursory search just to satisfy your need to be shown something.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4200668/

If I have offended you in some way, I apologize.
    -M
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Want to know more?

9. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Well, you make a harsh point as always. Where to begin however. I wanted to just say "EFF OFF" but I'm not like you.

Ever since before both my parents died from cancer, I was searching for various means to prevent; or care of those suffering with it. I know it's intended use.

You like to quote NCBI.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4200668/
    I was talking about the insulin resistance part pal.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    I was talking about the insulin resistance part pal.
    I meant to write reduces insulin resistance but wrote the opposite. I'm dyslexic. If you were to see me type, you'd know I invest in backspace and auto correct a bit much. Try not to be so ready to pounce on someone you don't like.

I know what it means as it relates to taking it with products that increase insulin resistance.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Want to know more?

11. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    I meant to write reduces insulin resistance but wrote the opposite. I'm dyslexic. If you were to see me type, you'd know I invest in backspace and auto correct a bit much. Try not to be so ready to pounce on someone you don't like.

I know what it means as it relates to taking it with products that increase insulin resistance.
    Ahh apologies
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

12. Quote Originally Posted by Haza25 View Post
    Has anytime used metformin for fat loss?
    Probably better alternatives to it, if you donít have a pressing reason to use it. Can be a pretty rough compound.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Probably better alternatives to it, if you donít have a pressing reason to use it. Can be a pretty rough compound.
    Yeah I guess I have just came a cross it s lot online and wondered if it was correct what people say

14. Iíve been on it for the last 6 months and Iíve lost weight, but I donít think itís from it.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

15. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Iíve been on it for the last 6 months and Iíve lost weight, but I donít think itís from it.
    Your on it because???

16. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Your on it because???
    Oh, because Iím fat. I think years of yo-yo weight gain and losses have caused a lot of complications with my body.

17. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Oh, because Iím fat. I think years of yo-yo weight gain and losses have caused a lot of complications with my body.
    So it helps with weight loss?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    So it helps with weight loss?
    No.

19. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    No.
    So just for blood sugar stuff.
    I have a bunch and just was wondering if weight loss was a common side.

20. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Oh by the way.....I don't fuk with skinny girls.
    I like thick thighs and pretty eyes

21. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Oh by the way.....I don't fuk with skinny girls.
    I like thick thighs and pretty eyes
    Haha, dang! Will you take a girl whoís held together by makeup and a great push up bra?!? 🤣

22. I wouldn't assume metformin or berberine help at all with weight loss, but in case of insulin resistance they make you less likely to develop it further, and help reverse it. I used berberine for a couple of weeks for it's AMPK-activating properties and to see if I saw any difference in mood taken before high carb meals. Can anyone verify are they insulin-sensitizing in both fat and muscle tissue? Which is the not so good part of most GDA:s i think.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Theophylline for fat loss?
    By Mr.50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 08:25 PM
  2. GH vs. Igf-1 for fat loss...
    By masshole in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
  4. HIIT: The optimal protocol for fat loss?
    By Lifeguard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 02:10 PM
  5. Arimidex doses for fat loss?
    By smokinghawk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 06:22 AM