Ketogenic into carb cycle

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey people. I need advice from anyone who has ever done something like this. I just started a keto diet and will be transitioning into a carb cycle afterwards. Such as this:

First two months:
Less then <50g carbs 200g protein 100-150g fat
3rd month:
High day of 300g c 200g p 100g f
Low day <50g c 200g p 100g f

Along with the carb cycle I have supplements to feed into the blast of muscle I would build

Other then that I don’t have any supplements running currently other then protein, bcaa, fat burner, and multi v.

Do the numbers look like they could be successful or should I tweak something?

I’m going for 2 months of keto but depending on the progress at the 2 month mark I may prolong.

I am at day 5 in keto and can tell I’m getting sides of it but I have test strips that are telling me I am only slightly in a keto state.

Thanks in advance!

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Hey people. I need advice from anyone who has ever done something like this. I just started a keto diet and will be transitioning into a carb cycle afterwards. Such as this:

First two months:
Less then <50g carbs 200g protein 100-150g fat
3rd month:
High day of 300g c 200g p 100g f
Low day <50g c 200g p 100g f

Along with the carb cycle I have supplements to feed into the blast of muscle I would build

Other then that I don’t have any supplements running currently other then protein, bcaa, fat burner, and multi v.

Do the numbers look like they could be successful or should I tweak something?

I’m going for 2 months of keto but depending on the progress at the 2 month mark I may prolong.

I am at day 5 in keto and can tell I’m getting sides of it but I have test strips that are telling me I am only slightly in a keto state.

Thanks in advance!
Came back from 8 months on keto.

Would suggest taking these supplements for a few weeks:

C3G - calorie partitioning, insulin mimic (kidney bean extract)

Chromium picolinate - 200mg+, Insulin precursor

Gymnema Sylvestre - glucose disposal / management, anti inflammatory- comparable to Phenylbutazone

I wouldn’t bother building carbs back up slowly. I’d literally switch fuels. You’ll be angry, hungry and feel like you have type-2 diabetes, otherwise, in my experience. Keep an eye on your macros and total calories, as always.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Came back from 8 months on keto.

Would suggest taking these supplements for a few weeks:

C3G - calorie partitioning, insulin mimic (kidney bean extract)

Chromium picolinate - 200mg+, Insulin precursor

Gymnema Sylvestre - glucose disposal / management, anti inflammatory- comparable to Phenylbutazone

I wouldn’t bother building carbs back up slowly. I’d literally switch fuels. You’ll be angry, hungry and feel like you have type-2 diabetes, otherwise, in my experience. Keep an eye on your macros and total calories, as always.
Solid advice. I already have gymnema being delivered today but I was going to start it during the carb cycle. I’ll take it sooner then.

Reasoning for the carb cycle was to start building some muscle back up along with the supps I have on hand for that month.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
OP - your macros look good. My only question is on your goals: What are your goals in transitioning from keto to carb cycling? Will you be transitioning into a lean bulk phase?

What supplements do you plan on using when you begin carb cycling? I would recommend giving your body a few weeks to adjust to the new diet before adding in any muscle building supplements. By switching back to carbs you'll already have a boost of energy/intensity in your workouts, so I would see how your body responds first before adding in more variables.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For carb cycling, SlinMax would be a great supplement to use to utilize those carbs on your higher carb days.

I have been carb cycling for a long time and love it. I have used the article below, but modified it for me. I would look it over and make adjustments based on how you respond to carbs. The one thing I would not follow from the article is how low the fat amount is when dieting. That is way too low for a natural.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP - your macros look good. My only question is on your goals: What are your goals in transitioning from keto to carb cycling? Will you be transitioning into a lean bulk phase?

What supplements do you plan on using when you begin carb cycling? I would recommend giving your body a few weeks to adjust to the new diet before adding in any muscle building supplements. By switching back to carbs you'll already have a boost of energy/intensity in your workouts, so I would see how your body responds first before adding in more variables.
Yes, I will be going into a lean bulk. I’m doing the beatpj stack from IML such as one of the winners did. Figure I would give it a shot.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For carb cycling, SlinMax would be a great supplement to use to utilize those carbs on your higher carb days.

I have been carb cycling for a long time and love it. I have used the article below, but modified it for me. I would look it over and make adjustments based on how you respond to carbs. The one thing I would not follow from the article is how low the fat amount is when dieting. That is way too low for a natural.

I think that the SlinMax is very similar to what I’m already using which is he redcon1 rpg also similar to Glycolog. I’ve been taking it for a few days now and I can notice a difference in how I feel and it’s been great. I will read that article too. Thanks