Gut bacteria = dictates if you're fat or thin

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    It’s been a month since you posted this. Any update you can contribute to this product?
    I'm going to be ordering two new bottles~! I'm loving it. I'm through one bottle and starting the next. I don't subscribe to anything, but this one for sure on amazon for the price is great.

Also, the train leaves the station and it's quite a bit more full and ready to get under way like when it was a younger train.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?

2. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    I'm going to be ordering two new bottles~! I'm loving it. I'm through one bottle and starting the next. I don't subscribe to anything, but this one for sure on amazon for the price is great.

Also, the train leaves the station and it's quite a bit more full and ready to get under way like when it was a younger train.
    Me too! I am 1/2 way through my second bottle and just ordered to more bottles. The deal on amazon is not their at the moment....but iherb has about the same price.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmall View Post
    Me too! I am 1/2 way through my second bottle and just ordered to more bottles. The deal on amazon is not their at the moment....but iherb has about the same price.
    I looked up each strain individually and saw all of them are either histamine reducing or neutral, so I’ll defintely be picking up a few bottles!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Soy sauce View Post
    how does artificial sweeteners aid in fat gain?

Im in my early twenties and im drinking alot of sugar free energy drinks and sugar free coolaid.
    i stay away from aspartame. i only drink sugar free with sucralose and asceliumfam k.

from what ive been reading its just calorie free sweeteners that dont cause fat gain.
    I stay away from them. If you want to adjust for sweeteners like raw sugar then count them in calories.
    Google: do artificial sweeteners cause belly fat?

I have two raw sugars in my coffee in the morning. 10g of carbs. That's a splurge for me.
    The rest is all natural sugars or none.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Soy sauce View Post
    i will research abit more

all my bcaas, preworkouts etc contain these sweeteners
    do you use any supplements that use artificial sweeteners?
    Black Lion Research makes Amino Infusion which is both vegetarian and however does contain Sucralose. I have them now and then but BCAAs are not a staple for me. I'd call it more of an occasional refresher in lieu of something else to drink which for me is water. I don't drink soda, or milk or juices. I think it's ok if you don't have a multitude of products with artificial sweeteners, but that adds up. I'd say, pick one category.

If you have to of course. I'm horribly addicted to soda water that has some real fruit.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Want to know more?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Black Lion Research makes Amino Infusion which is both vegetarian and however does contain Sucralose. I have them now and then but BCAAs are not a staple for me. I'd call it more of an occasional refresher in lieu of something else to drink which for me is water. I don't drink soda, or milk or juices. I think it's ok if you don't have a multitude of products with artificial sweeteners, but that adds up. I'd say, pick one category.

If you have to of course. I'm horribly addicted to soda water that has some real fruit.
    Excellent advice. Time and time again, you will hear experts say that cutting out or at least restricting all artificial sweetness is a big key to losing the gut. I am guilty of having too many BCAA’s, water flavoring packets, powdered stims, and PWO’s on a daily basis. I know it plays a part in why I have not obtained the flat midsection I desire.

I could probably cut the BCAA’s and powdered stims...I love my PWO’s too much though. Another thing I have trouble with is drinking plain water. Real fruit is certainly an option, it’s just the convenience factor that gets in the way. I have to change something though because I drink artificially flavored drinks in one form of another practically every hour I am awake..

7. Great thread, I didn't have time to watch it yet but seeing a Rhona Patric video in here is good.

Our gut bacteria is only part of our microbiome. It's a pretty cool topic.
    Even tooth plaque has been linked to visceral plaque.
    Atherosclerosis, Learn It, Live It, Love It.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Newth View Post
    Great thread, I didn't have time to watch it yet but seeing a Rhona Patric video in here is good.

Our gut bacteria is only part of our microbiome. It's a pretty cool topic.
    Even tooth plaque has been linked to visceral plaque.
    I'm sure you meant Dr. Rhonda Patrick? She is very knowledgeable and is great it to explaining to people who are not formally educated on the topic too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I'm sure you meant Dr. Rhonda Patrick? She is very knowledgeable and is great it to explaining to people who are not formally educated on the topic too.
    Gonna look her up on You Tube - love this stuff, ty!. DBCnaturalhealth has some good videos too....

10. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Yep. Late night typing, lol.
    She has covered some amazing topics.
    Atherosclerosis, Learn It, Live It, Love It.

11. I wrote a couple really thorough write-ups on pro-/prebiotics, the gut and body fat. They are product write-ups, so grain of salt and all that, but there is a ton of just the basic science/data (and, like 400+ unique references between them). A bit of repeat, as they are meant to also be able to be read as standalone...

Probiotics:

http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...otictm-part-1/
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...dients-part-1/
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...l-ingredients/
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...-with-science/

Prebiotics:
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...imertm-part-1/
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...ience-preface/
    http://avantlabs.com/forum/blogs/ent...m-ingredients/

I am interested in any thoughts, critiques, questions, etc.

12. I´ve also read about this. There is scientific evidence to support that gut bacteria does have a say in how we deal metabolize fat, and that one configuration or another can be the difference. Would need to study that more though! Sounds interesting.

13. It's a symptom not a cause
    Eating the correct foods will set your gut bacteria correct.

Actually a low fibre diet is best and it depends on the type of fibre you eat. Low FODMAP fibre is best for anti-bloating. Raw carrots work well.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Biomeddood View Post
    Probiotics is the next money maker out there for companies/marketing. Add this to the recent hype train called Test Boosters, Apple Cider Vinegar, Himaylan Sea Salt, etc. (cough S A R M). Somewhere on that list is pre workouts as well ;-).

Eat a granny apple a day (highest raw form of polyphenols), do daily exercise and eat healthy (more vegies/fruits) and you don't need to worry about spending $$ on products. Nowadays the western diet has become so much processed, no wonder things like gut bacteria, etc become a hot topic and people will jump at any available "magic" product since money is not an issue for most. Not saying the gut bacteria doesnt play a role but it's a topic now simply cos of how deteriorating the western diet is becoming.

If I had market shares in either of the things I said above, I'd be a rich b#$%h by now..lol!
    Exactly my thoughts. You don't need supplements or pills if you eat a natural human diet
    If I made a poll on how many non-food items people consume on here a day, I think the average would be at least 10

15. If AlexPowell wrote a book, it would be called "Diary of a Midwit", and all of the references would be anecdotal.

16. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    It's a symptom not a cause

Actually a low fibre diet is best and it depends on the type of fibre you eat. Low FODMAP fibre is best for anti-bloating. Raw carrots work well.
    Fiber from quality sources is a great thing, let’s not be disingenuous here. Fruits, vegetables, oats, etc. are good, both in regards to their fiber content as well as having many other benefits. We get that you like your carnivore thing, and I’m glad it works for you, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and I’d argue that consumption of fruits and vegetables would help anyone’s diet if they’re not eating any of them.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Fiber from quality sources is a great thing, let’s not be disingenuous here. Fruits, vegetables, oats, etc. are good, both in regards to their fiber content as well as having many other benefits. We get that you like your carnivore thing, and I’m glad it works for you, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and I’d argue that consumption of fruits and vegetables would help anyone’s diet if they’re not eating any of them.
    That's true, however I wasn't suggesting low carbohydrate or a plant free diet - I gave a suggestion based on the average diet

18. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    That's true, however I wasn't suggesting low carbohydrate or a plant free diet - I gave a suggestion based on the average diet
    Ok. You did say low fiber though, and I’d argue that there’s nothing wrong with moderate/high fiber consumption coming from fruits, vegetables, oats, etc, as long as you’re also getting sufficient protein and fats as well. Moderation and balance usually works out well.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Ok. You did say low fiber though, and I’d argue that there’s nothing wrong with moderate/high fiber consumption coming from fruits, vegetables, oats, etc, as long as you’re also getting sufficient protein and fats as well. Moderation and balance usually works out well.
    Yeah it depends on the type of fibre you're eating. Also, fibre intake should scale up with carbohydrate intake
    I've trained a few people that asked me for help after eating chicken breast and broccoli diets for several months and looking very pregnant - They were eating up to a kilo of broccoli a day in order to feel full! They were also eating next to no sodium so we removed all but a cup of broccoli and made sure they were eating 5g of sodium a day and after a week they had a very flat stomach!

Stan Efferding makes the following recommendation in his book:
    Foods that tend to wreak havoc on my digestion are:
    Garlic
    Onions
    Processed vegetable oils (canola, soybean, corn, safflower etc)
    Wheat (pasta)
    High gas vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower)
    Beans

He also suggests picking foods from the low FODMAP group. He likes carrots and bell peppers
    https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yeah it depends on the type of fibre you're eating. Also, fibre intake should scale up with carbohydrate intake
    I've trained a few people that asked me for help after eating chicken breast and broccoli diets for several months and looking very pregnant - They were eating up to a kilo of broccoli a day in order to feel full! They were also eating next to no sodium so we removed all but a cup of broccoli and made sure they were eating 5g of sodium a day and after a week they had a very flat stomach!

Garlic
    Onions
    Wheat (pasta)
    Beans

He also suggests picking foods from the low FODMAP group. He likes carrots and bell peppers

21. It double posted

22. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post

Garlic
    Onions
    Wheat (pasta)
    Beans

Yeah, trying to bulk on chicken breast and broccoli is crazy. Add some fats; have some beef, eggs, etc. Lots of protein and calorically dense.

I don’t know about the garlic and onions though, I’d have to look into that more. I personally find that they’re solid, but I only really use garlic powder for seasoning dishes, and onions along with carrots to make soups, so maybe that has something to do with it. I wouldn’t recommend eating pounds of either, but who would do that lol?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yeah, trying to bulk on chicken breast and broccoli is crazy. Add some fats; have some beef, eggs, etc. Lots of protein and calorically dense.

I don’t know about the garlic and onions though, I’d have to look into that more. I personally find that they’re solid, but I only really use garlic powder for seasoning dishes, and onions along with carrots to make soups, so maybe that has something to do with it. I wouldn’t recommend eating pounds of either, but who would do that lol?
    Normally people that have issues are on restricted calories and go nuts on them in order to feel full
    Surprisingly a high number of people have issues with alliums

24. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    It's a symptom not a cause

If the gut has been damaged by things like Anti-biotics, alcohol, drugs etc... I don't believe food will correct it. It did not correct it for me anywhere - where probiotics did - and what a huge difference in my mental and physical state for doing so.

25. Quote Originally Posted by bigsmall View Post
    If the gut has been damaged by things like Anti-biotics, alcohol, drugs etc... I don't believe food will correct it. It did not correct it for me anywhere - where probiotics did - and what a huge difference in my mental and physical state for doing so.
    I'm not arguing with you but I'm curious how long you were antibiotic, drug, alcohol free and on a clean diet when you determined your gut health was still poor. Do you have any food allergies or sensitivities? Any autoimmune diseases that could contribute to your poor gut health?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    (50% off code "AMJUNE50")
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. If You're Sitting An Exam, Take Fish Oil
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 09:47 AM
  2. Bioman, if you're still around
    By CDB in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 0