Recomp Log

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well this is my first recomp attempt, and I'll try to record everything as good as i can.

I started lifting 3 years ago, but not regularly, neither was I paying attention to my diet. But I've absolutely fell in love with lifting last year that i saw some results and I've been lifting regularly about 3 to 5 days a week since September.

I started powerlifting from October until February, and i reached a fairly good level I think.

(I've included both kilos and pounds for all you imperial freaks out there )
1RMs
Bench 90kg - 198lbs
Squat 135kg- 297lbs
Deadlift 145kg - 319lbs

My stats currently:

17 years old
1.70m - 5'7"
73kg - 160.6lbs
Waist circumference: 83cm - 32.6in
Chest width: 35cm - 13.7in
Back Width: 49cm - 19.2in
Bicep circumference: 35cm - 13.7in
Quad circumference: 58cm - 22.8in

My maintenance calories are ~2.080, so what im going to do is to try to consume ~1.900 on non workout days and ~2.100 on workout days. So that I'll have a slighr deficit, see how it works for me and adjust from there.
Im going to follow an Intermittent Fasting protocol for my cutting/recomp. I know there's little -if any- difference between IF and traditional cutting, it just fits my schedule better.
My diet consists of Milk, Greek yogurt (2% fat, sometimes full fat), chicken breast, lean turkey meat burgers, white fish (cod fillet), salmon, leafy greens, broccoli, whole weat tortillas, peanut butter, and rice.
I'll be having one cheat day a week (Saturday or Sunday).

My supplements are: Multiple source protein shake (i dont know if im allowed to post company name here), creatine monohydrate and now Yohimbe HCL.

Im going to take 5mg YHCL while fasted in the morning plus 5mg more with 200-300mg caffeine pre workout.

A huge thanks to MrKleen73 for his valuable knowledge and for helping me in my try to achieve my goals.

P.S Sorry if my english are bad, Im Greek

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good deal, in on this.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subd!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Im in. At your age you got plenty of gains ahead. Lets see it happen!

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Guys my yohimbe just arrived. I ordered it from Bulgaria through a Greek shop because its not legal in EU. Do you think is legit primaforce or bunk?
1522423212779.jpg
1522423234936.jpg
1522423255781.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks legit to me.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanx cause for a second I felt like I have thrown my money in the toilet

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok thanx cause for a second I felt like I have thrown my money in the toilet
Once you take them you will know but it is the right bottle, and caps look the same.

Newth

Awards
Subbed.
That is a really solid plan, good luck.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
So, Day 1 today.
Woke up around 9.45am, took 5mg YHCL. Then ate breakfast around 13.45pm, a couple of hardboiled eggs two slices deli lean turkey and a glass of milk.
Didn't notice much really, maybe dosage is too low because I'm very stim resistant or my YHCL is bunk.
I'll try 5-7.5mg at noon with 200mg of caffeine before my preworkout and see how it goes from there.

Newth

Awards
So, Day 1 today.
Woke up around 9.45am, took 5mg YHCL. Then ate breakfast around 13.45pm, a couple of hardboiled eggs two slices deli lean turkey and a glass of milk.
Didn't notice much really, maybe dosage is too low because I'm very stim resistant or my YHCL is bunk.
I'll try 5-7.5mg at noon with 200mg of caffeine before my preworkout and see how it goes from there.
I started drinking coffee at 13-14 and became very stim tolerant within a handful of years, don't push stims to hard to fast hay.
Be careful with stims, some creep up on you over days and some hit quick within minutes, take your time to learn them.

Your diet seems like it will be about as tight as it comes too.
Be careful with your diet not burn out, but keep healthy also.(eg.enjoy yourself a little)

Good luck mate.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot! I have one cheat day a week so I can allow my self a little indulgence in other foods and also carb load to kickstart my metabolsim while cutting

Newth

Awards
Thanks a lot! I have one cheat day a week so I can allow my self a little indulgence in other foods and also carb load to kickstart my metabolsim while cutting
I used to base my training around my weekend carb load(excuse to enjoy life)...basically heaviest lift day first(squat or deadlift).

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 still, came from gym. Took 5mg YHCL pre workout didn't feel much if anything really (forgot my caffeine in my other backpack).
1404 cals so far, got a few left for noon-night.
Tomorrow morning, will start fasted with 7.5mg YHCL and take 7.5mg YHCL w/ 300mg caffeine as a pre workout. All I can say is that my hunger seems to be quite supressed now, which is good

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - Morning
Woke up and took 10mg YHCL fasted.
My max dose is 14.6mg YHCL, so I'll work slowly my way up there until i feel anything apart from appetite supression.
Yesterday I trained legs and ate ~1740cals. I just couldn't eat more, I wasn't hungry.
Will post again after my workout.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 3
First of all I don't know if anybody's still following the thread, so this might be the last post.
Down at 1800 calories today, took 10mg YHCL in the morning while fasted.
Then took 12.5mg at noon with 400mg caffeine as a pre workout. Chest&Shoulders today. Crazy energy during workout, hit me way too hard. The thing is that I had tachycardia, 92bpm. My normal is 52bpm. I will go down to 200mg caffeine and 10mg YHCL.

I've eaten so far 411calories as my first meal. Alaskan Pollock fillet in the oven with pardboiled rice and homemade yogurt sauce plus a glass of milk.

Ill see how it goes and ill weight my self this saturday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 3
First of all I don't know if anybody's still following the thread, so this might be the last post.
Down at 1800 calories today, took 10mg YHCL in the morning while fasted.
Then took 12.5mg at noon with 400mg caffeine as a pre workout. Chest&Shoulders today. Crazy energy during workout, hit me way too hard. The thing is that I had tachycardia, 92bpm. My normal is 52bpm. I will go down to 200mg caffeine and 10mg YHCL.

I've eaten so far 411calories as my first meal. Alaskan Pollock fillet in the oven with pardboiled rice and homemade yogurt sauce plus a glass of milk.

Ill see how it goes and ill weight my self this saturday.
Don't get worried about a lack of responses, especially on a weekend. I am almost never on here during the weekend. Other times if there is not a reason to respond I don't make comments. I think you will find a lot of people are like that and it honestly takes a bit or just one of those perfect logs everyone is really interested in to get much traffic at first.

You sure are climbing up the Y-HCL dose traini quickly, you are not going to get a massive stim feel from Y-HCL, it will make you less hungry and a little warmer, but unless you accidentally go too far you aren't going to get a major stim like feel from it. That comes more from some of the other stims. Sounds like it is doing what it needs to be by keeping your appetite at bay and hopefullly you are running a little warmer. Although that might not be noticeable unless you are just dripping sweat...

How about your hands and feet, have they gotten cold or anything like that?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
No, no cold limbs. But I was sweating like a pig! Yeah, I'll be patient about my log. Thanks for supporting me

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking of running cardarine to aid in fat loss. What do you guys think?
Cardar1ne by OL
Many people suggest it, but I'm not sure

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At 170lbs I was using 15mg yohimbine hcl and definitely felt it fasted. You have to be careful though I upped to 20mg and got major anxiety attacks and just didn't feel right. I don't use it preworkout though just fasted before morning cardio.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I see... I went back to 7.5mg this morning and will take the same pre workout woth my caffeine and work my way slowly up to 10-15mg from there over the course of the week

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 4
Took 10mg YHCL in the morning, then 10mg more plus 300mg caffeine (a pill and a half) preworkout. Finalyy good thermogenesis and energy without jitters or tachycardia.
I am literally surprised by the appetite supression of yohimbine. I'm in love with this stuff. My waist also went down 1cm.
82cm circumference now.
I'll weigh my self in 3 days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im thinking of running cardarine to aid in fat loss. What do you guys think?
Cardar1ne by OL
Many people suggest it, but I'm not sure
Cardarine is the bomb... I had better luck with Primeval Labs Cardarine, than I did with OL's. Ol is 3 caps a day for 21mg and PL is 4caps for 20mg but I got much better results with the PL stuff. I know they are not sponsors on here but that stuff was spot on good!!!!
At 170lbs I was using 15mg yohimbine hcl and definitely felt it fasted. You have to be careful though I upped to 20mg and got major anxiety attacks and just didn't feel right. I don't use it preworkout though just fasted before morning cardio.
Yeah this was the part I was warning him about. It goes from not too bad with moderate stim effect to Oh crap this is what too much feels like. Too much is a VERY unpleasant feeling.
Day 4
Took 10mg YHCL in the morning, then 10mg more plus 300mg caffeine (a pill and a half) preworkout. Finalyy good thermogenesis and energy without jitters or tachycardia.
I am literally surprised by the appetite supression of yohimbine. I'm in love with this stuff. My waist also went down 1cm.
82cm circumference now.
I'll weigh my self in 3 days.
Sounds good, I wouldn't push the YHCL any higher than this unless you stop sweating. There is some stim to it, but moreso you want to feel warm, and lower appetite. If you are feeling those you are in the sweetspot. No need to increase unless you notice it waning a bit as you get more used to it.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73 thnx a lot! Yeah I'll stick to this dose and go up when my body develops resistance.
Did you have any side effects from cardarine? What should I expect since you have used it and know better.
Also, yeah, the "too much YHCL" pretty much ****ed me up yesterday.
Only positive from that is that i stayed awake till 1 am and managed to get all my calories for the day at least
Ill post some progress pics

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody see any difference?
But I'm only 4 days into restriced calorie diet, so it might be way too early
20180403_192956.jpg
20180403_192913.jpg
20180403_192834.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 thnx a lot! Yeah I'll stick to this dose and go up when my body develops resistance.
Did you have any side effects from cardarine? What should I expect since you have used it and know better.
Also, yeah, the "too much YHCL" pretty much ****ed me up yesterday.
Only positive from that is that i stayed awake till 1 am and managed to get all my calories for the day at least
Ill post some progress pics
In all honesty, no. Not that i know of or could attribute to it. I was energetic all day, could still eat though, wanted to move around more. My lipids did not get anywhere near as far out of range as they would have for the cycle I was on at the time either. It was just a TD with some DHEA PH's but still high dosed high enough to mess with lipids and didn't.

That being said... I just realized you are 17 so I am not going to suggest you run it. If you choose to that is up to you and nothing magical happens at 18 that changes your biology, so research it a bit more yourself before you make your decision.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hard to tell right now. Give it another week or two. Has the scale moved already?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty, no. Not that i know of or could attribute to it. I was energetic all day, could still eat though, wanted to move around more. My lipids did not get anywhere near as far out of range as they would have for the cycle I was on at the time either. It was just a TD with some DHEA PH's but still high dosed high enough to mess with lipids and didn't.

That being said... I just realized you are 17 so I am not going to suggest you run it. If you choose to that is up to you and nothing magical happens at 18 that changes your biology, so research it a bit more yourself before you make your decision.
I see. Yeah thats why I asked, because i was first going to run ostarine during my cut, bu then read that it's supressive amd im only 17, turning 18 in about 22 days. Still very young and i didn't want anything supressive that could mess up my still developing endocrine system, otherwise I would think the possibility of a test/anavar cycle, but my endocrinologist said my endocrine develops till 23-25 so i shouldn't do anything like that.
To be honest I've done a huge research on forums and medical journals about AAS, and i know that is a serious thing, not something to mess up without being 100% sure about the decision and not being informed about it.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I dont know yet, ill weigh myself either tomorrow either at the end of the week

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 5.
I weighed my self today. 72.6kg from 73.8kg.
I'll keep going that way and if i reach a plateu ill start the cardio.
Im trying to train with intensity and as heavy as i can to burn calories and preserve my muscle mass.
Arms today supersets and trisets, insane pump.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 6
I'm getting leaner i can see it in the mirror. More vascularity, less belly fat. I only took YHCL pre workout because i have eating issues.
I feel conatantly full (not bloated, just not hungry) and I'm literally force feeding myself in order to hit my macros. I hardly eat 1200 a day so im struggling to reach 1600 to 1800 and at least hit my protein goals. I manage to hit my protein goals but i have to force my self to eat.
Should i stop taking YHCL or do something else to increase my appetite?
Should i stop IF and eat breakfast so i can feel hungry again?
I need help seriously

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 6
I'm getting leaner i can see it in the mirror. More vascularity, less belly fat. I only took YHCL pre workout because i have eating issues.
I feel conatantly full (not bloated, just not hungry) and I'm literally force feeding myself in order to hit my macros. I hardly eat 1200 a day so im struggling to reach 1600 to 1800 and at least hit my protein goals. I manage to hit my protein goals but i have to force my self to eat.
Should i stop taking YHCL or do something else to increase my appetite?
Should i stop IF and eat breakfast so i can feel hungry again?
I need help seriously
Lower your evening dose of Y-HCL to 5mg and see how that works out. That is a lot of stims 10mg YHCL and a preworkout. It would be hard for me to eat too. The way that Y stimulates you stims the nerves in the muscles of the gut and intestines and can make it clench a bit leaving it feel like you are full, or tight. Making it hard to eat. If that doesn't help then move the 5mg dose a bit earlier while still fasting. Help you release some more fat for energy, then the preworkout may not stim you up as much, and you will be able to eat.

Another option, add fats... fats are a super easy way to increase calories without increasing the volume of food you are eating. A tablespoon of Coconut or Olive oil adds about 130 calories, add a few of those in to meet caloric needs and you are set. You could also add in brown rice syrup if you want some decent easy to add carbs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also have a hard time eating right after my workout and when it is too hard I just have a shake, and some poptarts. I can get them down even when feeling full. It is one of the few times I add stuff like that in and it works well as it is carb dense and low fat which is great post workout. Not saying do that exclusively but it is one of my go to's whenever eating seems a bit rough.

Last night was a crazy workout and no way I was getting whole food in between being stimmed and so gassed it was making me queezy. I did my usual post workout shake then an hour later I was still too amped up to eat. I got 2 oz of my meat down and wasn't feeling it. Then made myself a shake with isolate and skim milk, and a pack of poptarts.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I have the exact opposite problem. I cant stop eating im always hungry lol its ridiculous. But my body needs it i guess cause im getting leaner

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 7&8
No gym these days will go again at tueday. 5mg yhcl juat for apettite supression. Sunday will be my cheat meal because we are celebrating easter in Greece

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Im going back into my cut, even more hard-core than before from tomorrow. Today was an epic cheat day, but im going back on track until i get to 12 - 10% BF, in order to start a clean bulk

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Day 12
I haven't updated the log cause i didn't hace much time.
I am running at 1600 calories cardio 2 to 3 times a week. YHCL does wonders keeping hunger at bay. Increased my dose to 12.5mg now.
I'll upload some progress pics. I have better visible muscles know and an 81cm waist

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Im leaner now, i can see some muscle serrations that weren't visible before, and i lost all of the fat from my cheecks and under my chin
20180412_223753~2.jpg
20180412_223709~2.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff have you weighed to check scale progress?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'll weigh my self tomorrow. I might be down probably only by a pound or a half, but i really feel leaner infront of the mirror. I have increased muscle hardness, i might have lost some water or gained a slight amount...

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thought your HCL was bunk and then ending up lowering it lol. I’m currently taking that same one, not bunk. Take some time, be patient and work to your proper dose.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thought your HCL was bunk and then ending up lowering it lol. I’m currently taking that same one, not bunk. Take some time, be patient and work to your proper dose.
The maximum dose for my bodyweight is ~14mg. I take 10-12.5mg now. No it's not bunk, i thought it might be because i ordered from Bulgaria, but as soon as i took it i knew it was good

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The maximum dose for my bodyweight is ~14mg. I take 10-12.5mg now. No it's not bunk, i thought it might be because i ordered from Bulgaria, but as soon as i took it i knew it was good
IMO If your 17, I wouldn’t cut, your not done growing yet. I’d keep lean bulking till your maybe 20-22.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
IMO If your 17, I wouldn’t cut, your not done growing yet. I’d keep lean bulking till your maybe 20-22.
17 18 in a few days it doesnt matter. Check my photos at the beginning of the log and you'll see that i have plenty of fat. When im done with the cutting in July-September, I'll start bulking again. The only reason for me to cut is because i want to start bulking again, clean bulking, and put some serious mass on (I'm powerlifting) without being a fat ****.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered 7-Keto DHEA to stack with my YHCL on my cut... Each tablet is 100mg 7 keto dhea. It has 30 caps (so a 30 day supply).
But in the studies were used dosages of 200mg. Should i run it @ 200mg ed, and just buy a second bottle at the two week mark when im done?
Also... Im really hungry during the day again. 1500 cals a day.
1.68-1.70 height 72.6kg (I'll weigh my self tomorrow again because that was my weight at the 5 day mark i think).
I do about 45 minutes to an hour weight training and 3 times a week 20 min cardio (sometimes LISS others HIIT, depending on my energy).
Should i stick to 1500-1600 calories a day, or should i increase it?
Im also confused with calculating my maintenance calories

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered 7-Keto DHEA to stack with my YHCL on my cut... Each tablet is 100mg 7 keto dhea. It has 30 caps (so a 30 day supply).
But in the studies were used dosages of 200mg. Should i run it @ 200mg ed, and just buy a second bottle at the two week mark when im done?
Also... Im really hungry during the day again. 1500 cals a day.
1.68-1.70 height 72.6kg (I'll weigh my self tomorrow again because that was my weight at the 5 day mark i think).
I do about 45 minutes to an hour weight training and 3 times a week 20 min cardio (sometimes LISS others HIIT, depending on my energy).
Should i stick to 1500-1600 calories a day, or should i increase it?
Im also confused with calculating my maintenance calories
Real simple way to do calories for a cut is to multiply your body weight in lbs by 12-14 and start in that range. Your calories are very low for your age and being in puberty. I would at least be at a multiple of 12 to start but push for 13 and see if you can lose there so you have more room to drop calories when you are ready. For a multiplier of 12 that would put you at 1917 cals a day... 13 puts you at 2076 a day.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Real simple way to do calories for a cut is to multiply your body weight in lbs by 12-14 and start in that range. Your calories are very low for your age and being in puberty. I would at least be at a multiple of 12 to start but push for 13 and see if you can lose there so you have more room to drop calories when you are ready. For a multiplier of 12 that would put you at 1917 cals a day... 13 puts you at 2076 a day.
Thanks a lot. Thats how i started but they seemed like they were too many for me, that's why.