When is the best time to consume thermo supplement during IF?

schism169

Awards
Hi guys, I'm on a 16:8 IF. My first meal of the day is at 4pm and I work out around 8pm.

For those who take Thermo supplements, when do you recommend taking them? Right before a work out? In the morning during my fast (which will break it) or right before my first meal?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With that schedule I would take them first thing when you wake up if it were me rather than pre workout.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with morning.

I'm confused, what product are you taking that will break your fast?

schism169

Awards
I'm taking fitmax. I'm assuming anything with calories will break the water fast or am I mistaken?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking fitmax. I'm assuming anything with calories will break the water fast or am I mistaken?
FitMax does not contain calories, so I don't know what you're consuming that does.

Regardless, some sip on BCAA when fasting, which technically have calories. IF is just an eating schedule. It doesn't provide any other benefits than a traditional cut. If you get some calories before your eating window, you're fine.

schism169

Awards
FitMax does not contain calories, so I don't know what you're consuming that does.

Regardless, some sip on BCAA when fasting, which technically have calories. IF is just an eating schedule. It doesn't provide any other benefits than a traditional cut. If you get some calories before your eating window, you're fine.
Your right! Sorry I need to learn how to read. I was in a hurry and read the label wrong. Thanks for the info

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Your right! Sorry I need to learn how to read. I was in a hurry and read the label wrong. Thanks for the info
Even things with a small amount of calories like BCAA's won't be enough to have a significant impact on IF. FitMax first thing in the morning should treat you well! Prepare to be focused and energized.

Depending on when your first meal is, you could also take a second serving 4-6 hours after the morning serving. I would play around with it and see how you feel, but thermogenics play very well with IF. I always find that thermogenics are more effective in a fasted state, and powdered thermos hit me much faster and I feel the effects more intensely.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hate the term if, many ppl eat there last meal around 6pm and have breakfast around 8am, it's not "if", even tho it's 14 hours, it's just normal. Sorry for butting in I just hate the names of all these diets and fad stuff lol

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
if you don't eat till later in the evening then take them when you wake in the morning