Eat how long after cardio for best results?

  1. Eat how long after cardio for best results?


    I know that in the end of the day what counts is calories in vs calories out, but for better results how long should i wait to eat after cardio?


  2. I donít think itís overly critical, but 3-4 hours could yield better results. Use your resting heart rate as a guide, too.
    •   
       


  3. doesn't matter. your first sentence answered your question

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    doesn't matter. your first sentence answered your question
    Pretty true. I think if heís looking for that .05%, eating when your resting heart rate is down, outside of an exercise window should allow for maximum autophagy / catabolism / lipolysis. While your BMR is up and youíre fasted, youíre dipping further into the old ketone tank for longer.

  5. I wouldn't stress it. If you're doing fasted cardio with yohimbine it might be something to look into, but if you're doing cardio in the middle of the day it won't make too much difference.

    If it's HIIT, I would recommend eating 30 minutes after to help with recovery. HIIT has an effect on your metabolism that is more long term than steady state cardio. If you're doing fasted lower intensity cardio, it might be beneficial to wait a bit longer (1-2 hours), but the impacts and results seen from waiting to eat will be minimal. Stick to your macros and eat when you're hungry
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    I wouldn't stress it. If you're doing fasted cardio with yohimbine it might be something to look into, but if you're doing cardio in the middle of the day it won't make too much difference.

    If it's HIIT, I would recommend eating 30 minutes after to help with recovery. HIIT has an effect on your metabolism that is more long term than steady state cardio. If you're doing fasted lower intensity cardio, it might be beneficial to wait a bit longer (1-2 hours), but the impacts and results seen from waiting to eat will be minimal. Stick to your macros and eat when you're hungry
    Now that you mentioned it, i was thinking of using some yohimbine

  7. Quote Originally Posted by lucifer92 View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, i was thinking of using some yohimbine
    I would probably wait a bit longer then. I would also recommend reading Lyle Mcdonald's "Stubborn Fat Solution" guide. You can usually find a PDF or copy online - it details some great strategies for fasted cardio with yohimbine, and he mentions meal timing with the protocol as well.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    I would probably wait a bit longer then. I would also recommend reading Lyle Mcdonald's "Stubborn Fat Solution" guide. You can usually find a PDF or copy online - it details some great strategies for fasted cardio with yohimbine, and he mentions meal timing with the protocol as well.
    Do you take yohimbine only when you are at low bodyfat or it will work at any percentage?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by lucifer92 View Post
    Do you take yohimbine only when you are at low bodyfat or it will work at any percentage?
    Any BF%

  10. Quote Originally Posted by lucifer92 View Post
    Do you take yohimbine only when you are at low bodyfat or it will work at any percentage?
    In my opinion, it's more beneficial when you're at a lower bodyfat. But it can still be helpful with higher body fat levels
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. I eat right after I workout but I also do cardio right after weight training......ditch the fasted cardio, one of the worst fitness myths out there
    Muscle Research Board Rep

    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I eat right after I workout but I also do cardio right after weight training......ditch the fasted cardio, one of the worst fitness myths out there
    Works great for me

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lucifer92 View Post
    Works great for me
    fasted cardio adds no benefit in terms of fat burning....in fact I've seen suggestions that you burn less calories the rest of the day when doing fasted cardio

    like you said calories in vs calories out....the timing of cardio makes no difference, burning the calories does
    Muscle Research Board Rep

    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    fasted cardio adds no benefit in terms of fat burning....in fact I've seen suggestions that you burn less calories the rest of the day when doing fasted cardio

    like you said calories in vs calories out....the timing of cardio makes no difference, burning the calories does
    Im burning my calories thats for sure

  15. It’s about BMR. If your BMR is temporarily increased due to thermogenics or exercise, if you’re fasted and preferably in ketosis, you’ll be dipping into more of your ketone stores during that period.

    If you are already tracking your BMR via HR monitor / fitbit / whatever and using total calories in/out, then no real benefit, but might feel like more effort / less reward.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by lucifer92 View Post
    I know that in the end of the day what counts is calories in vs calories out, but for better results how long should i wait to eat after cardio?
    You can eat whenever after cardio. I would eat sooner rather than later if performing fasted cardio. The only time I would not eat post cardio is if you are supplementing with yohimbine since it best works with no insulin spikes. Even a carbless meal will spike insulin. Generally, if you use yohimbine, you should not eat for four hours.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  17. Yohimbine is very very time consuming to get maximum benefit. For a bodybuilder that likes to get in protein , every few hours, yohimbine takes 30 minutes to kick in, then do your cardio. Ive even done fasted training on yohimbine.
    www.millenniumsport.net AMJUNE50 50 % off

    Great Physique fitness, facebook, online consultations

  18. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Yohimbine is very very time consuming to get maximum benefit. For a bodybuilder that likes to get in protein , every few hours, yohimbine takes 30 minutes to kick in, then do your cardio. Ive even done fasted training on yohimbine.
    There are much easier ways to get shredded, indeed. Lol

  19. You really are over thinking this lol. The fitness industry has primed you and others into thinking these little trivial things matter and believe me they sure as **** do not. Eat whenever the hell you want after cardio

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I eat right after I workout but I also do cardio right after weight training......ditch the fasted cardio, one of the worst fitness myths out there
    Interesting article I just read on this.

    Personally I do fasted cardio but it’s more down to the fact I have to do it first thing in the morning (I run with my dog and she has to go out first thing) and I hate training or cardio within a couple of hours of eating.

    Personally I think there’s pro’s and cons both ways but though the article below interesting in terms of this thread.....

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...***article5913

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Interesting article I just read on this.

    Personally I do fasted cardio but it’s more down to the fact I have to do it first thing in the morning (I run with my dog and she has to go out first thing) and I hate training or cardio within a couple of hours of eating.

    Personally I think there’s pro’s and cons both ways but though the article below interesting in terms of this thread.....

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...***article5913
    for every article like that theres articles like this

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/4-...tually-believe

    a lot of fasted cardio stuff is bro scienceish, do cardio when it's easiest for you of course but I dont' think ppl need to stress getting on a treadmill as soon as they wake up or they won't burn fat
    Muscle Research Board Rep

    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    for every article like that theres articles like this

    https://www.t-nation.com/training/4-...tually-believe

    a lot of fasted cardio stuff is bro scienceish, do cardio when it's easiest for you of course but I dont' think ppl need to stress getting on a treadmill as soon as they wake up or they won't burn fat
    Oh 100% agree you do it when it’s best for you - that’s what makes it sustainable imo.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How long after a cycle for Napalm?
    By pbrocky in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 09:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
  3. Testosterone Cypionate ==> How Long After Injecting for Blood Draw
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 02:37 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 07:03 PM
  5. How long after T-1 cycle for itching/irritation to stop?
    By The Conqueror in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 07:26 AM
Log in
Log in