Lowest Deficit Without Muscle Loss?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was going through myfitnesspal and seen the calculator that works out your calorie deficit ie lose 1 pound per week etc then it deducts 500 calorie per day.

What i was was thinking.. How much of a defecit can you realistically be in that spares muscle (With a good training program in place and lifting heavy) and loses as much fat as possible ?

I have heard of the PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) where it basically is just enough protein to keep mucle tissue as is. Is this how it really works?

Few factors i can add for myself

TRT (Test Cyp 200mg per week)
Train 6 days per week (Hitting all muscles twice per week)

We have booked a avacation abroad on very short notice (2 weeks) its gonna be a sun based holiday so beaches etc. In that 2 weeks i can drop a load of weight and get rid of alot of water. I dont want to lose any muscle (I dont think i will in such a short time frame)

How much fat could you lose in that time frame? Its such a short time frame so i dont mind dropping my calories a fair amount which allows me to completely relax food wise on holiday. I know its vein but we all want to look good especially in such a place as a beach etc.. I am fairly lean at the moment as is but losing a little fat (I was at my leanest in December) so i just bulked since then and the abs have dissapeared. My body stores fat in the midsection very quickly but also drops it when i do start cuttng

My stats are
5ft9
Weight = 159 pounds
Body fat = Around 15%

Im have started the cut already. I hate yo-yo dieting. Especially bulk and cuts. I will be relaxed on holiday with food etc so i wont be long adding a little extra podge back. Im fine with that though as i will be bulking again after then.

I will increase my protein to around 200 Grams... What are the minimal amount of fat and carbs i could incorpate to lean out as much as i could ? I dont mind a large defeit so be quite harsh about it

Obviously i dont recommend this to anyone as its just not healthy but i can get back on the grind after i am home. I dont take any other supplements or fat burners etc

Thanks folks

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Well kinda always n a calorie deficit. ..being im only n my 3rd year of training and really starting to notice results. Harder getting results in my mid 30's seems everything wants to head straight to my gut.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Oh I also try n keep my keto tight...really helps with my over eating tendencies, heck I still over do it. Trying man trying

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Harder to cut in your 30's? Im more active now than i was in my teens and 20's so losing fat isn't much of an issue (For now)

How does your body respond to the keto diet? Fair play for being able to stick to it though.. I personally couldn't. My girl is a pain in the a*se when your dieting so if shes made chips etc.. You would get burnt ears if you never touched them lol but i can stick to a deficit for these 2 weeks as shes been pre warned.

Sent from my SM-G920F using AnabolicMinds mobile app

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Man it was hard at first but I started following keto gains on FB (don't know if im supposed to name call like that, but ill live) and it's easier than most think, u just have to be able keep moving forward. ..I love it. Keep carbs low use fat as a lever (like 50g or more mainly from my understanding so hormones stay balanced) and I adjust protein according to my deficit. Ive lost 40 lbs this year. Sticking with it is da key and also what u buy when u grocery shop...also have some decent candies, have to make them ya self, they called fat bombs..

Slapoyjoe

I think a slower burn is better and will cause less suffering. You also don’t want to permanently mess up your metabolism. Keep protein high and lift hard. If you want to get shredded ramp up the cardio. Eating is nice.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a slower burn is better and will cause less suffering. You also don’t want to permanently mess up your metabolism. Keep protein high and lift hard. If you want to get shredded ramp up the cardio. Eating is nice.
There is almost a slim to no chance of messing up your metabolism. Only happens in extreme cases
Cardio helps but it’s all about cals
Psmf gets great reviews but sounds horrible lol

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is almost a slim to no chance of messing up your metabolism. Only happens in extreme cases
Cardio helps but it’s all about cals
Psmf gets great reviews but sounds horrible lol
Yeh ive heard of people leaning out very quickly on the PSMF diet.. Just dont know how strong the science is on it.. No muscle loss etc? I reckon gym performance would be rotten into the 2nd week. I am only doing a 2 week diet. I am pretty lean but getting the abs out a little more would be good for holiday (I know veinnnn lol but we only live once so why no look good in that process) and also.. To offset the extra calories.. We havent booked an all inclusive this year though. Thats just a recipe for disaster (I gained 7 pounds the last one.. Water mostly mind) weve went self catering but.. Im gonna enjoy much more varieties of food and still keep protein in check.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Screenshot_20171219-130448.png

This ia my physique just now.. Not carrying alot of mass but i came from 15 stone and a bmi of 32 to 11 stone 5 and around 14% bodyfat i would say?

Slapoyjoe

Other things to consider...radically low caloric deficits are unsustainable. I doubt that you could go way under maintenance for a long period. And you will feel terrible.

Sometimes such behaviour can also lead to eating disorders, which I believe are far more common in bodybuilding than is acknowledged.