Macros on the go

fakeazzrock

Awards
I know I'm not the only guy who doesn't have a schedule that allows him to heat up foods and eat on a 3-4 hour schedule. How do you guys get clean carbs in (along with the remainder of your diet) when you have days you're at meetings/appointments from 9am til 9pm?

Dmccprez

Awards
I know I'm not the only guy who doesn't have a schedule that allows him to heat up foods and eat on a 3-4 hour schedule. How do you guys get clean carbs in (along with the remainder of your diet) when you have days you're at meetings/appointments from 9am til 9pm?
Following

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I purchased a cool bag ruck sack and make overnight oats, chicken wraps etc and put ice blocks etc in

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You a *clean* eater or flexible dieter?

The whole eat every so many hours.... Myth. A would be more focus'd on hitting a daily macro target. So dont over stress meal timing.

Make up food and take it with you? Sandwiches are good for bulking out with healthy fillers?

I use to take a tub of dry oats and protein powder to my old workplace and just boil a Kettle and then let them soak for 10 minutes and eat them. Easiest meal ever.

So just get what suits your lifestyle? The fact that your training makes you far better off than half the pooulation for a start. Diet is very important but timing isn't. If you can get daily macros in instead of timed meals you will still hit your goals.. Our bodys are far more advanced than we all believe.. It will utilise and use whatever you throw at it ?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some good stuff above bro, as bell1986 points out very few of us need to worry about nutrient timing. IMO unless your competing the difference it might make is insignificant.

I took it a step further than mickc1965 and brought a cool bag with an electric cooler that you can plug in (I travel a lot for work).

I load it up, it plugs into either my car or plug socket. Colleagues at work look at me a bit weird when I plug it in during a board meeting but they’ve also seen me lose 140lbs so **** it.

Recently got a sous vide machine which makes food prep even better!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For carb sources:

Overnight oats
Sweet potatoes (steam them then bring them with you wherever)
Rice (purchase a rice cooker to cook the rice in bulk)
Wraps
Rice Cakes

fakeazzrock

Awards
Thx guys. You’re right about timing vs macros. It’s definitely more about getting them in than what time. And it looks like oats will be my most popular go-to. I’ll be doing 40P/35-40C/20-25F. As a Realtor, I have time to physically eat, but not to necessarily make or even heat a meal. So I definitely need some on the go options.

I’m also picky as hell. No fish, dressings or sauces. So tuna, veggies w/hummus, etc. are out of the question.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im a delivery driver , prep my food, put in lunchbox, take it with me before I leave, and eat it or drink shakes.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I typically set up my diet so I eat the majority of my carbs post workout (first meal of the day), and then have lighter meals throughout the day while i'm working. I usually pack a few containers of chicken and veggies and eat it cold during the day.

For easy on the go carbs - oatmeal, jasmine rice, and rice cakes are my top three go-to's

fakeazzrock

Awards
Yeah. It's amazing. I've followed both strict and fad diets for 15-18 years. Somehow, I haven't considered this simple concept of getting things in when you can and making sure you get your macros you're searching for throughout the day. For me, it's easiest to get my carbs in the morning and evening with something like rolled oats in yogurt or possibly a shake during the day. Today was Day 1 and it was EASY. Thanks for pointing out the obvious :)