Alternative to EC Stack?

Biomeddood

Awards
Hi all

Been on this for 2 weeks and averaging 2lbs/week weight loss which I love. Dropped from 178lbs to 174lbs currently as of this morning. I'm eating 500cal under my maintenance and have no issues meeting it with EC stack. Taking 2 dosages/daily (200mg C+25mg Bronkaid....morning and pre workout). Doing workouts 4-5days/week consisting of full body workout and 2 HIT cardio sessions.

However, I'm also a thyroid patient and take Levo (t2, I believe) daily. I'm not a doc but what I've noticed is the side effects of Levo is now amplified with EC .....severe muscle/joint pains, problem sleeping, inconsistent fatigue during the day, etc). Almost like chronic pain.

I stopped EC this past Thursday and all the symptoms are gone as of today.
However, the suppressed hunger for 2 weeks came back like hell...I've been pretty disciplined but it's not easy to maintain a 500 cal deficit daily.

Is there another alternative to EC that's proven to work but is more mild
(especially with Thyroid meds)? My target is to drop 10lbs and then switch to maintenance (6-week cut).

Thanks for any response in advance!

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
You tried Clenbuterol ? I’m currently on Eca stack and get slight pains in my chest thinking about stopping my self

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi all

Been on this for 2 weeks and averaging 2lbs/week weight loss which I love. Dropped from 178lbs to 174lbs currently as of this morning. I'm eating 500cal under my maintenance and have no issues meeting it with EC stack. Taking 2 dosages/daily (200mg C+25mg Bronkaid....morning and pre workout). Doing workouts 4-5days/week consisting of full body workout and 2 HIT cardio sessions.

However, I'm also a thyroid patient and take Levo (t2, I believe) daily. I'm not a doc but what I've noticed is the side effects of Levo is now amplified with EC .....severe muscle/joint pains, problem sleeping, inconsistent fatigue during the day, etc). Almost like chronic pain.

I stopped EC this past Thursday and all the symptoms are gone as of today.
However, the suppressed hunger for 2 weeks came back like hell...I've been pretty disciplined but it's not easy to maintain a 500 cal deficit daily.

Is there another alternative to EC that's proven to work but is more mild
(especially with Thyroid meds)? My target is to drop 10lbs and then switch to maintenance (6-week cut).

Thanks for any response in advance!
Levothyroxine = T4 = for Hypothyroidism

Definitely stop the EC if your symptoms go away. You're looking for an appetite suppressant or possibly a nice alternative to it. How about drinking water? Seriously. And increasing the fiber in your diet. It fills you up.

You tried Clenbuterol ? I’m currently on Eca stack and get slight pains in my chest thinking about stopping my self
Not this.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Levothyroxine = T4 = for Hypothyroidism

Definitely stop the EC if your symptoms go away. You're looking for an appetite suppressant or possibly a nice alternative to it. How about drinking water? Seriously. And increasing the fiber in your diet. It fills you up.

Not this.
Haven’t tried Clen myself, Do you suggest not to ?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haven’t tried Clen myself, Do you suggest not to ?
The person who gave you the advise said he was having chest pain after an EC stack yet was considering Clen?
It's bad advice, so I would say avoid it to both of you.

If you are truly in a caloric deficit and increasing your power output then you will lose weight. This isn't necessarily about getting into an alternative to the EC. It may be just permitting your Levothyroxine to work. How long have you been on it? Your long term health is far more important.

Natural is the way to go, eating well, and smart programming.

Now then, if you want natural alternatives without stimulants, I happen to know a few products that could help you in a recomposition. (Lose fat, gain muscle) If you are interested in learning more, let me know. I'll let others come in and offer their thoughts. It always helps to gain as many educated opinions as possible to make one for yourself.

Good luck!

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
The person who gave you the advise said he was having chest pain after an EC stack yet was considering Clen?

If you are truly in a caloric deficit and increasing your power output then you will lose weight. This isn't necessarily about getting into an alternative to the EC. It may be just permitting your Levothyroxine to work. How long have you been on it? Your long term health is far more important than losing some short term pounds.

There is no shortcut, or magic pill.

You'll get there.
Now then, if you want natural alternatives without stimulants, I happen to know a few products that could help you in a recomposition.
(Lose fat, gain muscle) If you are interested in learning more, let me know. I'll let others come in and offer their thoughts. It always helps to gain as many educated opinions as possible to make one for yourself.

Good luck!
Wasn’t considering Clen I was pointing out that’s it’s out there . . I haven’t tried it my self but heard it does the job

Biomeddood

Awards

If you are truly in a caloric deficit and increasing your power output then you will lose weight. This isn't necessarily about getting into an alternative to the EC. It may be just permitting your Levothyroxine to work. How long have you been on it? Your long term health is far more important than losing some short term pounds.

There is no shortcut, or magic pill.

You'll get there.
Now then, if you want natural alternatives without stimulants, I happen to know a few products that could help you in a recomposition.
(Lose fat, gain muscle) If you are interested in learning more, let me know. I'll let others come in and offer their thoughts. It always helps to gain as many educated opinions as possible to make one for yourself.

Good luck!
Thanks!! The weight gain is part of my thyroid issue last year. It took my doc several blood tests, T tests and trial n error to find the right dosage for Levo that brought my TSH down to normal levels. During this 6 months period, I gained about 15lbs mainly around my mid section with no significant change in diet and exercise. I'm a runner btw. My thyroid finally settled (after 3 months on levo ..different dosages) last Dec.

I just need something to get me thru this 6 week cut (10lbs down..hopefully). Once I'm down to to my target weight, I have no issues sticking to diet/exercise.

I dunno...would a off the shelf pre workout work ? Thing is on a cal deficit diet, I have to push myself to hit the cardio/weights in the PM.

Thanks again mate!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What are your current stats OP? (height, weight, age, etc.)

EC can definitely be helpful, but if you have existing thyroid conditions I wouldn't add in stimulants or supplements that could negatively impact your health. Especially something like clen.

How do you handle caffeine? Have you ever used any products containing yohimbine-hcl or alpha-yohimbine?

thedemonslair

Awards
Where are you getting your ephedrine?

Biomeddood

Awards
Hi all

Updating this thread. WARNING: IF YOU ARE ON THYROID MEDS, DO NOT TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENTS PERIOD!!! There's a reason why all the bottles mention if you have thyroid disorder, do NOT take the prod.

Caffeine is the number one factor for a eff'ed up thyroid (adrenal fatigue) and with a under working thyroid, your body will go into chaos internally. I'm the medical prove for this. Long story short, I ended in ER 4 weeks ago with heart attack like symptoms. Prior to this , I was taking Cellucor (costco) one scoop daily which led up to it.

I saw my endo doc afterwards and he explained to me that T4/T3 thyroid meds already cause heart rate to go up and with extra caffeine, the body goes back into adrenal overload to a point where it will start causing heart palpitations which I ran into (wasn't having a heart attack but I felt like it so I went to ER).

I've gone back to a low caffeine diet now since that episode and everything is super. Sucks to work out without that high caffeine boost but I've doing low weights, high reps now and it's doable. Have lost about 6lbs since I made this thread so not complaining. Also a note to folks that like to throw in 2-3 scoops of pre workout down their throat. CYCLE off this every 4-6 weeks or you will end up with a thyroid disorder cos your adrenals are shot.

But just wanted to update this , especially for people with thyroid disorders.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
But just wanted to update this , especially for people with thyroid disorders.
Glad you're recovering and doing okay, and thank you for sharing this. Most people don't share their problems experiencing side effects, which gives people a skewed perspective. I appreciate the honesty and feedback.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Biomeddood

Awards
^ 43 yr male. Taking Levo (t4) and Cytomel (T3) for my thyroid. Thanks!

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I take Levo for Hashimotos and EC stack was never really a problem.. of course it increased anxiety for first couple of days, but once I'm on it...I feel fine. Besides if I take too much then I get panic attacks and stim dick