Higher protein snacks

DonutsNDeads

DonutsNDeads

Awards
Just looking for ideas on higher protein snacks I can make myself like protein pudding etc. I’ve gained some weight since my car accident looking to start my cut this week, what do you guys do?

Biomeddood

Awards
Why do you need protein snacks? If you are eating correctly, you don't really need to snack. Unless of course, you are failing to meet your required protein intake?

BB.com has tons of protein recipes btw.

Ase_james

Awards
I like to pre cook a binch of cheap steaks rare a couple times a week. Then i just nuke em for 30 seconds and make a quick sandwich. Work well for me, tjey turn to be about med to med rare and are really fast since its basically just bread and meat.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Greek yogurt, protein bars (Quest are still my favorite), and almonds are my go-to snacks for the day. Easy to carry with you, high in protein, and satiating.

If you're currently cutting will you be using these snacks in place of meals? If your goal is to cut make sure you are eating in a deficit. Have you calculated your TDEE and macros?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Second Greek yoghurt, I add fruit when I need to increase carbs or some protein powder for increased protein and flavour.

Hard boiled eggs with a touch of salt

When I was doing very low carb I used to cook bacon cups (stretch bacon, wrap round inside of a muffin tin, cook in hot oven 5 mins, add beaten egg, asparagus (or peppers), cook another 10 or until egg set. Eat straight away or Cool and eat cold).

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Second Greek yoghurt, I add fruit when I need to increase carbs or some protein powder for increased protein and flavour.

When I was doing very low carb I used to cook bacon cups (stretch bacon, wrap round inside of a muffin tin, cook in hot oven 5 mins, add beaten egg, asparagus (or peppers), cook another 10 or until egg set. Eat straight away or Cool and eat cold).
Bacon cups sound delicious! Thanks.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Why did I read this before breakfast
Fuk I’m hungry

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah I haven’t had them for a while but thinking I need to go buy bacon....
Lol I literally just had some that I baked Sunday. Turkey bacon, egg whites, green pepper, onion, and lil cheddar.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Usually if I need a snack almonds are my go to. I'm sure if you do a google search there are some things you can do with protein powder to make your own protein packed snacks.

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
Mixed Nuts or Trail Mix
Mini Bean-and-Cheese Quesadilla
Hummus Dippers
Greek Yogurt and Granola
Tuna and Crackers

You can find the recipes online.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just looking for ideas on higher protein snacks I can make myself like protein pudding etc. I’ve gained some weight since my car accident looking to start my cut this week, what do you guys do?
Plain Fat Free Greek yogurt. It is not that great by itself, but you can add fruit, unsweetened cocoa powder or even a little bit of fat free pudding mix to it.
Any type of jerky
Sludge - protein powder + a little bit of water, milk or milk substitute
Protein bars - my favorite are Grenade Carb Killa, Muscletech Nitrotech, BSN Syntha 6 Bars
You can make your own protein pancakes in bulk and save them for the week
Chicken salad - use a food processor and put some chicken breast in there. Mix with mayo or even tzatziki sauce this is very good.
Hard boiled eggs.
Tuna packets
Protein balls - mix protein powder and peanut butter and form into balls

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As the OP mentioned - protein powder in pudding is usually good. Protein powder in greek yogurt is good too.

Like John.Patterson I still think the Quest bars are great and they get knocked down in most people's minds simply because they're old news. Carb Killa is good, One bars are good...tons of good bars, but I honestly find that sometimes I eat a bar and it doesn't really last very long. It will fill me up for an hour and then I am still hungry.

Beef Jerky is a strong go-to. Or even sliced meats...it's not really a snack per se but you can always roll up a couple slices plain or with some cheese and down them on the go.

Pwc001

Awards
Cottage cheese is my goto snack for lots of protein.

Biomeddood

Awards
I started my cut 3 weeks ago. Been experimenting different things and for now, settled on these (I switch this day to day).

) Boiled Eggs with Tabasco sauce, mustard and sprinkled with 'Pappy's Seasoning'
OR
Cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt (plain unflavored)..mixed with 1 teaspoon of Walden Farms fat free syrup and half scoop of Vanilla whey protein

Both are low carb high protein and tastes pretty darn good.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cup of triple zero Greek yogurt vanilla, 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey, 2 TBSN of PB2 and a sprinkle of Koshi chocolate crunch high protein cereal.