Competitive Eaters?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im notorious for watching a few of these videos on Youtube... Even while im cutting at the moment! loll

How do they actually get away with it? At first i thought Binge & Purging but thiers a guy i subscribe to and am certain hes not into that. I do genuinely think he consumes and keeps everything in.

But... I do know a few of them have recovered from eating disorders.. Anorexia ' Bulimia and so on.

100000 Calories over 2-4 days etc? I know thier all into fitness etc but to burn a fair amount of calories you would need to be melted to a bike for most the day.

Sooo thoughts?

1. The body just cant absorb anywhere near the amount of calories and flushes out the majority
2. Binge & Purge
3. Offset calories.. ie 200000 in a day and then a very little amount of calories the rest of the week

I reckon alot on here have probably seen videos like this? I was just sitting thinking about it. I recently done a *Refeed* day.. Well more like a Cheat day if im honest. Never followed any set calories and just had everything i enjoy. I was gonna plan it all out but i just relaxed that day and never worried about it. My weight climbed 3.5 pounds the day after it all but after 3 days my weight was back to the same as the morning before my cheat day and i ate well in excess of calories. A ton more infact. Hopped straight on my diet with ease and this morning i woke slightly lighter than my cheat day... Not gonna drag it on anymore but....

So... Does our body just not absorb all calories? DOes the metabolism boost with all the excess. Just wondered how those guys do it and still remain fairly leanish

Thanks!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of those guys on youtube dont swallow
they usully edit the video

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Most of those guys on youtube dont swallow
they usully edit the video
i think you dont know jeff nippard, right?

just watch the scenes i marked. he talks no bull****. he is the opposite of those guys you mentioned

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't he referencing this to his 10000 thousand calories? I do follow Jeff and find all his info very good ?

Just with these other guys doing 100000 calories and not really getting *fat* thats an insane amount of calories in a given period.. Almost a months worth a calories for some.

Jeff mentions in the video our body absorbs it all.. A dont think that's the case? Were not 100% efficient i dont think.

Just when i was watching a video earlier these guys seem to pump out challenge after challenge and consume thousands of calories but still remain fairly lean. Was just interested in how it all worked.

After the cheat i had the other day and seen how quick my body adapted back to my original weight. I couldnt have absorbed all that. Even being glycogen depleted etc

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Isn't he referencing this to his 10000 thousand calories? I do follow Jeff and find all his info very good

Just with these other guys doing 100000 calories and not really getting *fat* thats an insane amount of calories in a given period.. Almost a months worth a calories for some.

Jeff mentions in the video our body absorbs it all.. A dont think that's the case? Were not 100% efficient i dont think.

Just when i was watching a video earlier these guys seem to pump out challenge after challenge and consume thousands of calories but still remain fairly lean. Was just interested in how it all worked.

After the cheat i had the other day and seen how quick my body adapted back to my original weight. I couldnt have absorbed all that. Even being glycogen depleted etc

yeah, i just copied the description box of his video after this guy above was thinking that jeff is one of these gay youtube fakers. because he clearly is not.

your body absorbs all; our bodies have to be 100% effective. just think about the days back in our first days. there was no guaranteed food ever day, often we had nothing to eat for days. our bodies became more and more effective - they absolutely had to!

i think if you eat sh1tloads of fiber (what can be possible if you eat 100k calories. wtf?!), you can impact your digestive system on a negative way. maybe you wont get all nutrients out of your food in this case. but if your diet does not exist out of 100 or 200g fiber, your body will absorb everything and that for sure!

tbh i already thought the same, especially after watching a few videos from furious pete. but there is only one possibility - they have to burn these calories, eat less the days after and/or maybe make a mini cut before such an extreme meal. there is no other way of staying relatively lean while doing food competitions regularly.
another thing is, that we dont know how often these competitons happen in real, there is probably quite some time between.

next thing is that we cant track 100% on point because not even the nutrition facts are 100% exact. the next thing is the metabolism, there can be some significant differences between people. and maybe you burn more than you might think, this could also explain why your weight was back to normal after a few days.

nobody gets fat because of 1 heavy cheat day but i personally couldnt handle these amounts of food (quantitative wise) and i couldnt burn that much calories as well. some people can, obviously. there is mo secret, secrets dont exist in calories in - calories out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I did 7500 calories in 10 min for a challenge. A hour later my garbage can ate 7500 Cal in 45 secconds

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
Ugh! That’s disgusting! I had to look it up and it’s 720g of fat! I would have thrown up too!

I ate 5lbs of tacos in an eating challenge with some friends many years ago. I was the only one to finish, and immediately threw up afterward. My stomach was so distended, so you don’t have to tell me not to try it. Good times!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ugh! That’s disgusting! I had to look it up and it’s 720g of fat! I would have thrown up too!

I ate 5lbs of tacos in an eating challenge with some friends many years ago. I was the only one to finish, and immediately threw up afterward. My stomach was so distended, so you don’t have to tell me not to try it. Good times!
I literally puked up nothing but fat

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Before that I did a 3lb Porter House with no problems other then a food coma

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
I honestly do love watching them tons of meal but I don't want to give it a try, it's unhealthy.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards