PSMF - With a few sarms and a lot of faith and dedication

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Now the nutrition plan I followed doing my recomp can most definitely be done full time. It is basically just what most would call a lifestyle diet. Have a seriously deep deficit some days and balance it with a nice surplus on training days and you can stay pretty consistent as well as healthy. The difference there is that the extremes aren't as extreme, and alternating back and forth keeps you from becoming inflexible in how you deal with nutrients. Keeps you pretty efficient in both anabolism, and fat burning because you are flipping the switch regularly.
    Sure, if you have to calories a little bit but running a large deficit 800 to a thousand calories a day every day isn't that sustainable for most people.

I would say however though that template can be used pretty well for anything and it looks pretty flexible it's basically just a basic Leangains intermittent fasting type thing

2. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Sure, if you have to calories a little bit but running a large deficit 800 to a thousand calories a day every day isn't that sustainable for most people.

I would say however though that template can be used pretty well for anything and it looks pretty flexible it's basically just a basic Leangains intermittent fasting type thing
    Kind of yeah, just longer fasts on off days than he recommends, and a much deeper deficit on off days. LG he is about some more specifics on certain things, he does not think there should be as big of a caloric swing as what I am recommending. Although most of the reasons he sights have to do with convenience and hunger than effect. He also believes that you should work within your circadian rhythms by breaking the fasts at the same time each day and to always do this so you do not get hungry during the fast until it is time to eat. Also with mine I may, or may not fast on a Build day. I might wake up and choose to become anabolic for the entire day and start eating upon waking.

I do tend to go with Build and Burn days with most of my dietary strategies whether based in IF, or all day eating I find that this alternating effect is something I do really well with.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Kind of yeah, just longer fasts on off days than he recommends, and a much deeper deficit on off days. LG he is about some more specifics on certain things, he does not think there should be as big of a caloric swing as what I am recommending. Although most of the reasons he sights have to do with convenience and hunger than effect. He also believes that you should work within your circadian rhythms by breaking the fasts at the same time each day and to always do this so you do not get hungry during the fast until it is time to eat. Also with mine I may, or may not fast on a Build day. I might wake up and choose to become anabolic for the entire day and start eating upon waking.

I do tend to go with Build and Burn days with most of my dietary strategies whether based in IF, or all day eating I find that this alternating effect is something I do really well with.
    Well I'm on a defecit both days. I'm around 17% bodyfat. I don't think I heed any build days.

You know? What do you think?

4. Basically I went through about 2-3 years of Intermittent fasting starting with Lean Gains and then adopted other IF methods, and applied knowledge I had from other systems and research into what worked very well for me while keeping things pretty simple. I found that there are tons of ways to adjust to get what you wanted out of IF, or any other nutritional strategy. For me to recomp the build and burn method has been my best and most convenient tool to do so. That is whether I am using IF, or high frequency feedings.
    Current Training Log -

5. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Well I'm on a defecit both days. I'm around 17% bodyfat. I don't think I heed any build days.

You know? What do you think?
    No you are good right now, the build stuff was just conversation in general about how I set that stuff up, and came to like the strategy for it's simplicity and the fact it allows your body to focus on doing one thing well at a time like burning fat, or building muscle. You can group 100 build days and overshoot with fat, or group 100 burn days and burn too much muscle in the process, or you can flip the switch on an almost daily basis and stay efficient at doing both all of the time with far less likelihood to overshoot in either direction...
    Current Training Log -
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yes people often don't understand that there are intricacies at work that may make something very bad for someone in the long run, but can be extremely beneficial acutely, like this type of diet.

Certainly you will lose your muscle mass, and cause some damage to your metabolism if you were to adopt this eating strategy full time!!!! However that is not the point of this strategy, and the time frame is what takes this from a healthy kick start to a fat loss plan, to a poor long term nutrition strategy...
    . Yes it is a great kick start. I'm extremely lean right now and even though I'm bulking I plan on doing for 7 to 10 days at the 3 month mark. I'm going to experiment with doing it every few months for short time periods to see how lean I can stay year round. First time I did it it was only 800 calories of egg whites. Went from 245 to a pretty lean 212. After that I went to 2000 calories for a week then 2500 for Awhile. I'm at 3100 right now. Another few weeks I'll do psmf but probably higher calories then last time. Probably 1500 of straight protein.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    . Yes it is a great kick start. I'm extremely lean right now and even though I'm bulking I plan on doing for 7 to 10 days at the 3 month mark. I'm going to experiment with doing it every few months for short time periods to see how lean I can stay year round. First time I did it it was only 800 calories of egg whites. Went from 245 to a pretty lean 212. After that I went to 2000 calories for a week then 2500 for Awhile. I'm at 3100 right now. Another few weeks I'll do psmf but probably higher calories then last time. Probably 1500 of straight protein.
    Nice, and wow how long did you run it to get to 212?

I can actually see this as a decent 7-10 day mini cut in the middle of a bulk for keeping leaner and also re-sensitizing to insulin which helps with the anabolism when you go back to bulking.
    Current Training Log -

8. So is this still a thing, or did you give up already
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

9. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    So is this still a thing, or did you give up already
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

10. I guess I am weird huh? I find the PSMF, if we'll planned, to be about as easy as it gets...i mean...how do you overthink eating under 1000 calories a day?

But I think part of the issue, and why I did it in my log - look at the first page. Look at how much flack the guy got. People have to face a lot of fears to undertake this, that in itself is a challenge. Then they face those fears and now they have to face all these people basically calling them stupid, crqxy, unhealthy, etc. Like the diet isn't hard enough that you need to have all this crap from people to go with it. It wasn't until page 3 really that people who actually know what they are talking about started trying to help.

In the end, people all want to do something that they didn't think they can do, but they don't want to DO it. They don't want to give what it takes. They get hungry or tired or things get hard and they give up.

And the thing is, that's fine. You don't want it bad enough. I've been on both sides. I've given in more than I have fought through. The good news is, you only have to find it in you to fight through once and then you have an achievement no one can take and everyone remembers. But until you fight through, all anyone remembers is the failures. We all fail. So what?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing lots of weight and using Epiandrosterone.
    By Fausteezi in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2015, 05:22 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:28 PM
  3. Epistane and AP(with a few other things) log.
    By cmp007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
  4. french toast, lots of protein and good carbs
    By JKC12482 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 12:51 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:29 AM