PSMF - With a few sarms and a lot of faith and dedication

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I am going to stsrt a short run of PSMF here, I've never stayed with it for more than a few days but really need to accomplish it properly before the end of the year.

There are a few reasons for this.

1. I have plane tickets purchased and will see my wife for the first time in nine months the first week of January.

2. I need to get control of my food habits and break a bunch of bad habits really fast. I've been eating and training "big" the last few months and now my time to reel it in seems right.

I think that I can plan this so I have a few diet breaks over Christmas itself and new years, and still focus on work.

Work is commission only sales, but doing this in my locale (I work in Las Vegas in the outdoors desert heat) in the summer is impractical so I've failed before.

So starting this off around 179-181 lbs at around 17-18% bodyfat.

Using:

* ostarine 10-15mg every day (it's liquid, eyeballing the dose)

* cardarine 15mg every day (capsules of Primevil labs)

* 12.5mg mk 677

Any questions let me know.

I do need some support to keep me going.

Macros are 1020 calories a day
190 protein
20 carb
20 fat

Low

Low

Awards
Bro you are not fat. You are skinny fat from poor nutritional choices. Your kcal intake you are planning is extremely low. MAYBE if you were a girl you could handle calories that low but you are a man. You need minimum of at least 1,750. I would even push it to 2200-2500 if you are really training hard. I think your fat levels are low in your macros. I think u need a good source of healthy fats to maintain healthy hormone levels on your cut. 20 grams of carbs are going to leave you feeling like a crap. I would bump fats to 40-50g cho to 110-130 and protein to 200, while considering how hard you are training to the calories you are consuming.

You are going to see your girl soon stop acting like a douchebag! Use your head bro! Not to be rude but take care of yourself make healthy nutritional choices. Eat the right foods and train f**king hard!

The drugs should be of last priority way after you clean up your diet macros and kcals!!

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Bro you are not fat. You are skinny fat from poor nutritional choices. Your kcal intake you are planning is extremely low. MAYBE if you were a girl you could handle calories that low but you are a man. You need minimum of at least 1,750. I would even push it to 2200-2500 if you are really training hard. I think your fat levels are low in your macros. I think u need a good source of healthy fats to maintain healthy hormone levels on your cut. 20 grams of carbs are going to leave you feeling like a crap. I would bump fats to 40-50g cho to 110-130 and protein to 200, while considering how hard you are training to the calories you are consuming.

You are going to see your girl soon stop acting like a douchebag! Use your head bro! Not to be rude but take care of yourself make healthy nutritional choices. Eat the right foods and train f**king hard!

The drugs should be of last priority way after you clean up your diet macros and kcals!!
Hey thanks for the reply. Are you familiar with what a PSMF is? I won't go I to it unless you ask.

I don't assume anything if anyone ever. If you are np, if not np. I am not a beast by any means, but also have around 150 lbs of lean mass so skinny fat maybe not applicable here either.

Thanks for the reply.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes PSMF is for kick starting fat loss in obese people. If your 180 lbs that isn't you... Unless your 3 foot tall.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of the PSMF diet, but never met any one who attempted it. Keto is hard enough for me. Take the fats away too? I tap, I tap! I'm interested in your progress. You must be a glutton for punishment. Haha.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Doesn't matter what you were like a few years back mate it's now you should be thinking of. What Low said is right you're eating too little but it seems you haven't left yourself much time to accomplish your goal. Can I ask how you've let yourself go, injury or no access to a gym or what? And what is PSMF?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with some of the others. While I do not know the intricacies of PSMF, that really is a low daily caloric intake.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter what you were like a few years back mate it's now you should be thinking of. What Low said is right you're eating too little but it seems you haven't left yourself much time to accomplish your goal. Can I ask how you've let yourself go, injury or no access to a gym or what? And what is PSMF?
Big life changes that forced me to dramatically change things around.

Not much time however with this protocol, q lot can be accomplished in a short amount of time.

There is a weekly refeed period of five hours, also there is a free meal per week.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with some of the others. While I do not know the intricacies of PSMF, that really is a low daily caloric intake.
Yes, it is a low intake

The basic setup behind the diet is that it's a controlled type of starvation mode where your protein is the predominant macronutrient which stays off muscle testing

If you take a look around this has been used successfully by people however it just takes a lot of discipline

Seeing that I'm on the sarms and chemicals there's a chance that I might actually maintain all of my strength or muscle during this time I'm not too worried about it

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of the PSMF diet, but never met any one who attempted it. Keto is hard enough for me. Take the fats away too? I tap, I tap! I'm interested in your progress. You must be a glutton for punishment. Haha.
for some folks an All or Nothing mindset is what it takes to be successful

I can equate this to a bodybuilder who decides to carry around pre-made meals with broccoli and rice and chicken breast and Tupperware containers.

Dieting an extreme way for a short time vs incredibly strict for a few months. Different disciplines to get to the same goal.

it's just a different type of mindset but just as extreme in terms of sticking to a thing. that's the way it is in this game for some people

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Yes PSMF is for kick starting fat loss in obese people. If your 180 lbs that isn't you... Unless your 3 foot tall.
I'd have to say I respectfully disagree

Under a doctor's supervision the protein sparing modified fast can definitely be used to help all these people

In terms of short-term fat loss for people that have upcoming events or people that just want to feel like they're kick-starting a longer diet it can also be quite useful

I'm just calling Lyle McDonald who wrote the book on this by the way, you can argue me all you want but he's kind of a genius at this stuff and these are his words not mine

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is a low intake

The basic setup behind the diet is that it's a controlled type of starvation mode where your protein is the predominant macronutrient which stays off muscle testing

If you take a look around this has been used successfully by people however it just takes a lot of discipline

Seeing that I'm on the sarms and chemicals there's a chance that I might actually maintain all of my strength or muscle during this time I'm not too worried about it
If everyone played it safe, we would never know how many different diets and compounds worked for us. I wish you the best of luck and I'll be following to see how it works. I'd never do it myself but I can't argue that I'm curious how something this extreme works, especially with SARMs thrown into the mix.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Big life changes that forced me to dramatically change things around.

Not much time however with this protocol, q lot can be accomplished in a short amount of time.

There is a weekly refeed period of five hours, also there is a free meal per week.
Well good luck with it I hope ya reach your goal. Is this gonna be a log?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
If everyone played it safe, we would never know how many different diets and compounds worked for us. I wish you the best of luck and I'll be following to see how it works. I'd never do it myself but I can't argue that I'm curious how something this extreme works, especially with SARMs thrown into the mix.
Thx, there is actually a pretty big Community with different discussion groups on Facebook and Reddit regarding this diet.

I've read the diet book twice I just never had the discipline or proper environment to make it work properly and I think this is the time for it

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly I’m intrigued by this and interested to see how you get on. Wouldn’t be the nutritional plan I’d look to but doesn’t mean it’s wrong, one thing I would query is whether you’ve considered the impact of the osta - I haven’t read the book but I’m guessing it’s based on natty’s......as I’ve learnt recently anabolics have a huge impact on the way the body uses macros.

How long are you taking the osta? Planning a pct?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I’m intrigued by this and interested to see how you get on. Wouldn’t be the nutritional plan I’d look to but doesn’t mean it’s wrong, one thing I would query is whether you’ve considered the impact of the osta - I haven’t read the book but I’m guessing it’s based on natty’s......as I’ve learnt recently anabolics have a huge impact on the way the body uses macros.

How long are you taking the osta? Planning a pct?
Ostarine has benefits for partitioning macros but not as much as LGD-4033. The main benefits of ostarine are muscle retention as it isn't as anabolic as LGD-4033 or other more anabolic sarms.

The GH from mk 677 will be low dose, I am looking to get a two month supply and use it longer term.

At lower doses there are studies that show it to elevate GH levels almost as much as hugger doses, high doses give more igf1 which is better for muscle building, but elevated GH is good for fat building and retaining muscle.

As for the cardarine? That will help energy levels which I can't expect will be very good.

Also, cannot say I expect to see much scale movement as the mk 677 causes a lot of water retention.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ostarine has benefits for partitioning macros but not as much as LGD-4033. The main benefits of ostarine are muscle retention as it isn't as anabolic as LGD-4033 or other more anabolic sarms.

The GH from mk 677 will be low dose, I am looking to get a two month supply and use it longer term.

At lower doses there are studies that show it to elevate GH levels almost as much as hugger doses, high doses give more igf1 which is better for muscle building, but elevated GH is good for fat building and retaining muscle.

As for the cardarine? That will help energy levels which I can't expect will be very good.

Also, cannot say I expect to see much scale movement as the mk 677 causes a lot of water retention.
Yeah I guess where I was coming from was whether you could set a higher baseline on the calories and still achieve the intended outcomes because of the sarms (and mk)....

Pct plans?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't think water retention would ballance out the amount of weight you will lose whilst running calories so low. Osta should definitely help hold on to muscle in the deficit though.

APC80

APC80

Awards
I'd start the osta before the diet if I was you. I started ostarine the same day I cut 1400 kcal from my diet in May there thinking I'd be ok because of the anabolic properties and still lost muscle as it takes a while to kick in. About a week and a half at least. On the plus side I did drop 13 lbs in 3 weeks I just wish so much of it wasn't muscle lol

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I guess where I was coming from was whether you could set a higher baseline on the calories and still achieve the intended outcomes because of the sarms (and mk)....

Pct plans?
Ah, right. I might modify it and eat some carbs to be honest. I have a 2700 a day tdee, so if I went to 1250, did some cardio to off set it i wouldn't be any worse off.

No PCT for now. I'm on the last few weeks of ostarine. I have 2g of toremifene on hand, and am using now foods testojack 200 for libido (works wonders btw).

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I'd start the osta before the diet if I was you. I started ostarine the same day I cut 1400 kcal from my diet in May there thinking I'd be ok because of the anabolic properties and still lost muscle as it takes a while to kick in. About a week and a half at least. On the plus side I did drop 13 lbs in 3 weeks I just wish so much of it wasn't muscle lol
Oh I did.
I did a high volume german volume training run for six weeks. I gained from 177-181 with the ostarine and the mk 677.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh I did.
I did a high volume german volume training run for six weeks. I gained from 177-181 with the ostarine and the mk 677.
Lol, you certainly like to put yourself through the mill my friend. GVT done properly is facking brutal. I tip my hat to you sir.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Lol, you certainly like to put yourself through the mill my friend. GVT done properly is facking brutal. I tip my hat to you sir.
It was incredibly hard to do.
I stopped getting sire after some time. That's the sarms working I am guessing, but I've heard the body adapts too.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It was incredibly hard to do.
I stopped getting sire after some time. That's the sarms working I am guessing, but I've heard the body adapts too.
Either the body adapts or the mind deals with it better. Regardless I still think it’s a tough program. Give me smolov back squat anytime over that lol

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's food was "fun" food.

It was not a fun day.

Without getting too personal, I work a commission-only sales job and I have a bunch of money tied up in construction overseas in Asia of all places.

I'm short, the shooting that happened here October 1st in Las Vegas impacted us all, and I'm grateful I didn't lose anyone but we all lost money.

The reason for doing this diet is because I have a trip coming up January 4th and I want to look a little better than I do for that trip

Last night however when I came home one of my animals, (my cat Domino) decided that he was going to act sick and lethargic which caused me to freak out because I'm an anxiety prone person.

Suffice it to say I spent a whole bunch of money most of which I financed at the vet's office and came home and decided that the diet would start on the 13th which is today

Last night's food was not really even measured out, I ate typical fun foods...

tater tots, some fried chicken strips a bunch of cinnamon buns ice cream, peanut butter cups you name it

This is what I woke up to today. It's actually about a pound and a half heavier from all the bloat crap I ate

I need to order more growth hormone mk-677 soon it looks like the source I wanted to order from may not be available so I'll have to find another place to get it from.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Sorry to hear that mate how's the cat? Hope he's ok

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I hope your cat is okay too. My brother in law's cat was acting strange and lethargic. He ignored it and when he took him to the vet (after he stopped eating), it was too late. He died 2 days later. It's good that you looked into it, anxious or not.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Apparently there's nothing wrong with him. Maybe arthritis the vet says, there's nothing she can see.

They literally did over $625 worth of tests on him, including blood work she said there's absolutely nothing she can see that's wrong with any of it to

Big relief for me we figure that he either have arthritis or he fell real hard when he was trying to jump out to somewhere which could explain the hobbling and not wanting to go and get food

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Apparently there's nothing wrong with him. Maybe arthritis the vet says, there's nothing she can see.

They literally did over $625 worth of tests on him, including blood work she said there's absolutely nothing she can see that's wrong with any of it to

Big relief for me we figure that he either have arthritis or he fell real hard when he was trying to jump out to somewhere which could explain the hobbling and not wanting to go and get food
It sucks that it cost $625 but I'm glad Domino is okay. My cat, Sage, is part of my family and I'd do the same thing. That really does suck that it cost that much, though.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I have 5 lbs of chicken breast pre cooked in 7.5-8oz portions, as well I purchased 90 eggs for $5.00 of which I'll use around 250g egg white and 1 whole egg when eating.

And lots of celery, broccoli and that's about it.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Just a few thoughts to log.

* I fast daily, so so far not eating today isn't anything remarkable.

* I work on my feet, I do sales and marketing here to promote timeshare in Vegas so I walk on average between 15,000-25,000 "steps" people day.

The steps pedometer in use called accupedo is great because it waits to register ten steps before it counts so as to avoid false counts.

Either way, here is a screenshot of today's step-count

I can't say for sure if I'm going to make it to the gym today, I kind of want to just chill at home see how I feel on low calories tomorrow and make sure my cat doesn't do anything stupid

If anybody has any questions let me know otherwise I'll just update tomorrow

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In on this. I've done it before with good success so interesting how the SARMs will make a difference. How many weeks total are you doing it btw?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - feeling fine.

So yesterday I ended up doing 1 hour of slow cardio at a 4% grade at 3.8 mph, watched some youtube and fasted for around 22 hours.

Woke up today lighter, but according to the scale, bodyfat is up a little bit.

I will get my Skulpt device back today though, which is a lot more accurate at bodyfat, so I will start scanning with that.

Today I will try and do some sort of heavy training. I may not be able to get up to my normal gym, so I may have to use the crappy gym that I am a member of that has only smith machines.

Either way, I can still do heavy low rep stuff with that, and on this diet, the workouts are there to stave off muscle loss, nothing else.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
In on this. I've done it before with good success so interesting how the SARMs will make a difference. How many weeks total are you doing it btw?
I will do this for nineteen days, twenty maybe. This means that I should have THREE five hour refeed periods, and since I fast I can just do these in my fasting window.

Just short term, nothing long term as I am not "fat" but I am "fat" in my opinion of my own self image... That is to say no doctor would call me fat.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Nobody seems to be chexking in, but I will mention that it's day number 2 and my weight went up by 1lb, which is strange.

I learned a hard lesson yesterday about sodium and potassium, but I need to supplement to the whole lot so I'm going to start mixing my own drinks with some mio and mortons lite salt that is a mix of potassium and sodium.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Well, today I felt terrible, and still do.
I crashed hard, and ended up eating around 500 calories.

A pop tart, some Ritz crackers, and some Christmas caramel popcorn.

30 minutes later, and I feel slightly better.

That was not fun, at all.

Dunno if i will try this again, at all.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nobody seems to be chexking in, but I will mention that it's day number 2 and my weight went up by 1lb, which is strange.

I learned a hard lesson yesterday about sodium and potassium, but I need to supplement to the whole lot so I'm going to start mixing my own drinks with some mio and mortons lite salt that is a mix of potassium and sodium.
Ya on PSMF I always drank Xtend all day. Probably like 5 scoops worth, maybe give that a try?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Ya on PSMF I always drank Xtend all day. Probably like 5 scoops worth, maybe give that a try?
BCAA's could help, I think that today I will just eat my maintenance and then see about going back to it tomorrow, I can pick up some BCAA tonight if I can get to somewhere that is not GNC that will not rape me hard for them.

I think also I will need to every few hours do sodium/potassium so that I do not get these problems, I feel that must really be what I am going through.

Feeling better even as I type this, and will go and see about possibly putting in a workout too depending on how i feel.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, today I felt terrible, and still do.
I crashed hard, and ended up eating around 500 calories.

A pop tart, some Ritz crackers, and some Christmas caramel popcorn.

30 minutes later, and I feel slightly better.

That was not fun, at all.

Dunno if i will try this again, at all.
Well I mean bro that isn't that bad of a cheat haha but I know what you mean it starts to get to you. Have you thought about ec stack to go along with it? Imo impossible without doing something to curb appetite.

I'll give you that my friend it is insanely hard. Do you have a busy lifestyle or lots of free time?

Something's that helped me was also doing IF on it. Made it manageable lol.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Well I mean bro that isn't that bad of a cheat haha but I know what you mean it starts to get to you. Have you thought about ec stack to go along with it? Imo impossible without doing something to curb appetite.

I'll give you that my friend it is insanely hard. Do you have a busy lifestyle or lots of free time?

Something's that helped me was also doing IF on it. Made it manageable lol.
I am indeed going IF, as eating 1100 calories over the day is stupid, not enough food at any meal that way.

I think that I could also just create a GIANT deficit weekly by fasting and eating between 900-1100 for a day or two then doing a maintenance day, calorie cycling SHOULD work, why not?

Just looking to lean down before a trip in the first week of january./

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't we go through this before? If I recall correctly, it didn't turn out well.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Didn't we go through this before? If I recall correctly, it didn't turn out well.
yea, we did and I pussied out.
This time I will just take it a day at a time.

I also overtrained before, a whole lot. This time I will not do that because it is a bad idea.

Example, last time I would have gone to the gym on a day like today when I planned to eat and then trained hard... Started again tomorrow and then said "why do I feel so bad?"

Now I will go and do a basic minimum training, then get back up there tomorrow, and be it in the long run.

You guys were great last time, this time I will be honest as I can and throw myself on the mercy of the forum.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I'll update this as I go. The point is to embrace the suck and get the best results I can.

Last log didn't go well. This one will.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, to see how this goes.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Finished a heavy workout. Very basic.

Incline bench
Shoulder press
Wide grip later pull down

All 3x8 scheme

With this diet, you aren't working out hard. At all. The point is that you don't need to.

From the book:

Studies routinely show that both volume (number of sets, amount of aerobic training done) and frequency (days/week) can be cut back significantly (by up to 2/3rds) as long as intensity (weight on the bar, speed) is maintained. Given those parameters, performance can be maintained for many weeks.
If you’re as overtrained as most athletes, cutting back on your training during a crash diet will act as a minitaper, you might even show some improvement. But don’t hold your breath.
"