PSMF - With a few sarms and a lot of faith and dedication

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. If your running into trouble on the first week of your diet then I think you need to rethink your strategy. The best diet anyone can do is the one they will stick to. I think your plan of two days low cal and then a maintenence day would be the way to go so you will have that to look forward to every couple of days and help keep you on track.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Wobmarvel View Post
    If your running into trouble on the first week of your diet then I think you need to rethink your strategy. The best diet anyone can do is the one they will stick to. I think your plan of two days low cal and then a maintenence day would be the way to go so you will have that to look forward to every couple of days and help keep you on track.
    Well, having read the book years ago, I forgot about the section on electrolyte supplements. That's my own fault however it's a ****ty way to go about dieting to be honest.

I want to try it to say I could do something that I never thought I could do before.

And yes, I think if I go in 2-3 day bursts followed by a 250g carb refeed and a heavy upper/lower split with low volume (today's workout took me 30 minutes) then yep I'm in for a better ride.
    •   

3. "They say the meek will inherit the Earth,
    But the ground they’ve left us is barren cold."

4. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Well, having read the book years ago, I forgot about the section on electrolyte supplements...
    Personally, I think books about dieting are only useful if you eat them -a chapter per day and the pics saving for a cheat meal.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Ostarine has benefits for partitioning macros but not as much as LGD-4033. The main benefits of ostarine are muscle retention as it isn't as anabolic as LGD-4033 or other more anabolic sarms.

The GH from mk 677 will be low dose, I am looking to get a two month supply and use it longer term.

At lower doses there are studies that show it to elevate GH levels almost as much as hugger doses, high doses give more igf1 which is better for muscle building, but elevated GH is good for fat building and retaining muscle.

As for the cardarine? That will help energy levels which I can't expect will be very good.

Also, cannot say I expect to see much scale movement as the mk 677 causes a lot of water retention.
    Low dose Mk677 shouldnt have you holding water and you wont be eating carbs to even pull water in. Water weight is not going to be a worry... LGD would actually be better at retaining the muscle because it is more anabolic... If it is a better bulker then it is going to make you retain more mass... Just how it works... However nothing wrong with osta for this use since only trying to retain...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPawSD View Post
    Well I mean bro that isn't that bad of a cheat haha but I know what you mean it starts to get to you. Have you thought about ec stack to go along with it? Imo impossible without doing something to curb appetite.

I'll give you that my friend it is insanely hard. Do you have a busy lifestyle or lots of free time?

Something's that helped me was also doing IF on it. Made it manageable lol.
    It IS A HORRIBLE CHEAT, everything about that meal is WRONG for this diet. Might as well call that Day 0 because it was not part of a PSMF diet.

Sorry @Southpaw if I sound like a big D, he took us through 10 pages of build up to walk out of this diet a few days in last time. Now he has blown the basic premise on Day 1 or 2... He needs some tough love to get through this time...

Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Finished a heavy workout. Very basic.

Incline bench
    Shoulder press
    Wide grip later pull down

All 3x8 scheme

With this diet, you aren't working out hard. At all. The point is that you don't need to.

From the book:

Studies routinely show that both volume (number of sets, amount of aerobic training done) and frequency (days/week) can be cut back significantly (by up to 2/3rds) as long as intensity (weight on the bar, speed) is maintained. Given those parameters, performance can be maintained for many weeks.
    If you’re as overtrained as most athletes, cutting back on your training during a crash diet will act as a minitaper, you might even show some improvement. But don’t hold your breath.
    "
    This means you should lift as heavy as you do normally with less volume it does not mean do an all 3x8 reps scheme... you want to save the performance lift heavy now but about half the sets as normal... Intensity should be high and volume low. Think 1 upper push workout, 1 lower workout, and 1 upper pull workout a week hitting 3x5 work sets maybe 2 exercises per body part. That way frequency and volume are much lower but you are maintaining performance and strength levels. If your body doesn't think it needs to maintain muscle tissue for heavy lifting I promise it will decide to get rid of it even on a PSMF. Its about efficiency and specificity...

Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Well, having read the book years ago, I forgot about the section on electrolyte supplements. That's my own fault however it's a ****ty way to go about dieting to be honest.

I want to try it to say I could do something that I never thought I could do before.

And yes, I think if I go in 2-3 day bursts followed by a 250g carb refeed and a heavy upper/lower split with low volume (today's workout took me 30 minutes) then yep I'm in for a better ride.
    After the last time you are coming back to do another round but did not reread the book again?

Are you going to do a damn PSMF or not man??? I really want to see you do this and succeed, if for nothing else so you can beleive in yourself. You obviously need this. Start by doing it right and just for 2 weeks then if you can go farther. Also there are ZERO refeeds until after the first 2 weeks co no you will NOT have had 3 refeeds by the 20 day mark, at that point you will have only had 1 at the end of the initial 2 weeks.

C'Mon man do this damn thing right!!!

For anyone else interested this diet works quite well when done correctly. Even for someone who is not obese it works quite well. Hopefully @stevencfitnes will do it correctly this time and show everyone that it is not only an option but a good one when used properly and with things tuned in correctly.

C'Mon Steven, you came back here for a reason. You knew us pain in the asses would come and hold you accountable. Not start this thing over today and do it correctly that first day with poptarts and nonsense DOES NOT COUNT!!!! Lets do this bro. I can't be the only guy on here to finish this thing... Do it, but do it right, it is 2 weeks until a refeed you can make it! DO IT RIGHT!!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

6. Will do my best.

Woke up Saturday morning with my annual flu, so I took a few days off to rest, I also got a new supplier for mk 677 which is 20mg vs the 12.5 from my first source.

Holy cow the difference between the 12.5 and the 20 is something else!

Either way, I'll get back on the horse today and do my best here.

I'll be monitoring performance in terms of mental output at work as it's clutch time for my finances.

If I can make it there, Christmas day can serve as a refeed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Will do my best.

Woke up Saturday morning with my annual flu, so I took a few days off to rest, I also got a new supplier for mk 677 which is 20mg vs the 12.5 from my first source.

Holy cow the difference between the 12.5 and the 20 is something else!

Either way, I'll get back on the horse today and do my best here.

I'll be monitoring performance in terms of mental output at work as it's clutch time for my finances.

If I can make it there, Christmas day can serve as a refeed.
    Look man, not trying to be a turd here, and this is just me being honest and trying to offer you a little life balance as well...

If you are going to do this you need to be committed. YOu have too many other things going on right now to commit to a PSMF.... You just said that you will be monitoring performance based on mental output at work because this is clutch time for your finances. Man set your priorities correctly... Your finances should be far more important than physique goals!!!!

FORGET THE PSMF right now. If it is clutch time for your finances eat your damn wheaties and make your damn money!!!! Your woman loves you and doesn't give two flying craps if you come to her 5lbs lighter, and lets be real you are coming back from this heavier than when you leave regardless from enjoying yourself with her. So you make a huge sacrifice for a body you will be sporting for maybe a week before you revert back.

FORGET THAT!!! GO GET YOUR MONEY!!!! Forget this for right now and come back when you don't have extenuating circumstances and crunch time at your work... You already said you are behind the 8 ball at work. This isn't the time for something this intense and strict...

Hit yourself a serious deficit, this being a crash diet I would say 700-1000 cal deficit and go carb free other than 100-150g of fast acting carbs about 1 hour post workout. Workout 3-4 times a week lifting, preferably full body and 3x15 hard reps to deplete glycogen. Keep all movements explosive to keep insulin sensitivity maxed out. On off days stay keto keeping carbs less than 50g and I would start every day off with some eggs and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to keep mental acuity going nicely.
    Current Training Log -

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Look man, not trying to be a turd here, and this is just me being honest and trying to offer you a little life balance as well...

FORGET THAT!!! GO GET YOUR MONEY!!!! Forget this for right now and come back when you don't have extenuating circumstances and crunch time at your work... You already said you are behind the 8 ball at work. This isn't the time for something this intense and strict...

Hit yourself a serious deficit, this being a crash diet I would say 700-1000 cal deficit and go carb free other than 100-150g of fast acting carbs about 1 hour post workout. Workout 3-4 times a week lifting, preferably full body and 3x15 hard reps to deplete glycogen. Keep all movements explosive to keep insulin sensitivity maxed out. On off days stay keto keeping carbs less than 50g and I would start every day off with some eggs and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to keep mental acuity going nicely.
    To be honest, this wasn't even supposed to be hard to make money this next few weeks until something came up last week that threw a monkey wrench into it(in terms of physically where I do my sales job) but I didn't want to go and quit again like I did the last time

Honestly, your advice is the best in the last paragraph I guess I'll just do that and I'll post up here how it turns out for the next few weeks

9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

If you are going to do this you need to be committed. YOu have too many other things going on right now to commit to a PSMF.... You just said that you will be monitoring performance based on mental output at work because this is clutch time for your finances. Man set your priorities correctly... Your finances should be far more important than physique goals!!!!

FORGET THE PSMF right now. If it is clutch time for your finances eat your damn wheaties and make your damn money!!!! Your woman loves you and doesn't give two flying craps if you come to her 5lbs lighter, and lets be real you are coming back from this heavier than when you leave regardless from enjoying yourself with her. So you make a huge sacrifice for a body you will be sporting for maybe a week before you revert back.

If anything, I'll see a little bit tighter physique either way, should look less sloppy.

I'll probably feel pretty great too.

Other than morning food, I actually fast for the day and eat post workout so that falls nicely into the outline.

I'll find a full body routine but I have an idea already using lyle McDonald's full body tension workout but I can up weights to get heavier and to within a rep of failure.

10. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    If anything, I'll see a little bit tighter physique either way, should look less sloppy.

I'll probably feel pretty great too.

Other than morning food, I actually fast for the day and eat post workout so that falls nicely into the outline.

I'll find a full body routine but I have an idea already using lyle McDonald's full body tension workout but I can up weights to get heavier and to within a rep of failure.
    Nice, and I think you will actually like hitting up 4-6 eggs and 1tbsp of Coconut Oil, starts the morning off by getting you some protein synthesis kicking off as well as supplying the body some MCT's both of these things while limiting insulin response if going to give your body a nice boost into the fat burning zone. I have done the 12 hour / 2 meals a day fast before and enjoyed it too.

You can obviously go with full on IF and not do the meals ahead of time but I think if you want mental acuity and not down time trying to get to it then the CCO is going to be beneficial here. If not that worried about it then just do the fasting as normal and just add in the post workout carbs 1 hour post workout.
    Current Training Log -

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice, and I think you will actually like hitting up 4-6 eggs and 1tbsp of Coconut Oil, starts the morning off by getting you some protein synthesis kicking off as well as supplying the body some MCT's both of these things while limiting insulin response if going to give your body a nice boost into the fat burning zone. I have done the 12 hour / 2 meals a day fast before and enjoyed it too.

You can obviously go with full on IF and not do the meals ahead of time but I think if you want mental acuity and not down time trying to get to it then the CCO is going to be beneficial here. If not that worried about it then just do the fasting as normal and just add in the post workout carbs 1 hour post workout.
    Here's how that played out. It isn't a super strict keto day, don't care as much just wanted to keep carbs down.

12. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Here's how that played out. It isn't a super strict keto day, don't care as much just wanted to keep carbs down.
    Nice, if you wanted to be a little more aggressive then try 100g of fats on off days. You wan't be training so you can have a bigger deficit here if you want to be a little more aggressive. Will get you right around 1800 on off days. I would also just alternate every other day as a training day.

By the way one of the best recomps I had was a mix of something similar to this but far more aggressive on the burn days and more aggressive on the build days.

I ran 2800-3000 on Build days with training in the AM, was done by 6:00AM, and then I broke my fast at Noon. I would have aminos every 2 hours between the end of my workout and my fast breaker on those days. My Burn days were a 20 hour fast minimum, and my calories would be anywhere from 900-1500 all in one meal with no more than 100g of carbs for the day. I always had energy, gained some LBM, and leaned up as quickly as if I were cutting.

In my experience this keeps you pretty metabolically flexible and you aren't going to experience muscular catabolism on your off days with a set up like this.
    Current Training Log -

13. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    You know, I was struggling with so called "designed diets" too. Like you (and many others) OVERTHINKING it, making plans, weight my plates, counted calories and macross.
    Turned out, this was not for me. What works for me is 1 meal a day after workout. With plenty of carbs on "on" days -and low/zero carbs on "off" days.
    Counting roughly proteins, nothing more. Meal size varies. After perceived good workouts, meal = bigger AND with a treat, like a frozen yogurt. If the workout was "meh" = a plain meal and an apple.
    Food as a reward = works for me. No more planing and difficult templates -and overthinking it.

No more:

Following plan A to B, happy in monotony.
    -Faderhead-

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice, if you wanted to be a little more aggressive then try 100g of fats on off days. You wan't be training so you can have a bigger deficit here if you want to be a little more aggressive. Will get you right around 1800 on off days. I would also just alternate every other day as a training day.
    Sure, but I'm not following... If I upped fats like that I'd have to drop carbs to nearly zero.

40g more fats = 360 calories extra.
    50g carbs = 200 calories

I'm absolutely up for what works.

By the way one of the best recomps I had was a mix of something similar to this but far more aggressive on the burn days and more aggressive on the build days.

I ran 2800-3000 on Build days with training in the AM, was done by 6:00AM, and then I broke my fast at Noon. I would have aminos every 2 hours between the end of my workout and my fast breaker on those days. My Burn days were a 20 hour fast minimum, and my calories would be anywhere from 900-1500 all in one meal with no more than 100g of carbs for the day. I always had energy, gained some LBM, and leaned up as quickly as if I were cutting.

In my experience this keeps you pretty metabolically flexible and you aren't going to experience muscular catabolism on your off days with a set up like this.
    The ostarine will play a role as will the mk 677 too for me.

That sounds pretty solid there. I always train in the evenings, I can do an upper lower split too if every other day.

15. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    You know, I was struggling with so called "designed diets" too. Like you (and many others) OVERTHINKING it, making plans, weight my plates, counted calories and macross.
    Turned out, this was not for me. What works for me is 1 meal a day after workout. With plenty of carbs on "on" days -and low/zero carbs on "off" days.
    Counting roughly proteins, nothing more. Meal size varies. After perceived good workouts, meal = bigger AND with a treat, like a frozen yogurt. If the workout was "meh" = a plain meal and an apple.
    Food as a reward = works for me. No more planing and difficult templates -and overthinking it.

No more:

-Faderhead-
    You definitely have to go with the diet that works for you and that diet definitely works for you. Even if it isn't the best diet there is, it does what you want it to do without a lot of fanfare and is very convenient which is also one of the things my diets do better on. I love planning things, I don't like organization... or should I say I am organizationally challenged. This is why I mentioned the Build and Burn day mentality which is basically what you are doing just less calories per day. With it being less calories a day it makes it even more forgiving to get in some treats too which makes it far easier to follow.

My plan was very similar to yours, just more calorie dense. So a few more methods of tracking, AKA carb intake and whatnot were done on my Build days. My burn / off days were one meal, and always lower carb. Doing something like that does not require calorie tracking and if you just want s nice beach body with some muscle and abs you can definitely get one without counting doing it that way.
    Current Training Log -

16. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Sure, but I'm not following... If I upped fats like that I'd have to drop carbs to nearly zero.

40g more fats = 360 calories extra.
    50g carbs = 200 calories

I'm absolutely up for what works.

The ostarine will play a role as will the mk 677 too for me.

That sounds pretty solid there. I always train in the evenings, I can do an upper lower split too if every other day.
    I meant drop fats to 100 on your off days. You have them at 125, so dropping them to 100 would drop 225 calories off for that day. 2025-225=1800cals if you make no other adjustments.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    works for me.
    This is the key, everyone thinks that because a nutrition plan (not a fan of the word diet for anything other than a planned short term way of eating such as comp prep, for anything with a longer term sustainability requirement I think ‘diet’ gives some people the wrong mentality from the off), worked for someone else that’s the only way to achieve the same results.

Everybody reacts differently to food/Marcos or ways of eating. Understanding the core principles about what each macronutrient does, how the body uses what we put in it but then finding a way of eating that;

- works for you
    - moves you towards your goals
    - is sustainable

Is what it’s about. Having the gonads to trust your own thinking on this is tough but essential.....

18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    You definitely have to go with the diet that works for you and that diet definitely works for you. Even if it isn't the best diet there is, it does what you want it to do without a lot of fanfare and is very convenient which is also one of the things my diets do better on. I love planning things, I don't like organization... or should I say I am organizationally challenged. This is why I mentioned the Build and Burn day mentality which is basically what you are doing just less calories per day. With it being less calories a day it makes it even more forgiving to get in some treats too which makes it far easier to follow.

My plan was very similar to yours, just more calorie dense. So a few more methods of tracking, AKA carb intake and whatnot were done on my Build days. My burn / off days were one meal, and always lower carb. Doing something like that does not require calorie tracking and if you just want s nice beach body with some muscle and abs you can definitely get one without counting doing it that way.
    I was merely pointing to the obvious. Apparently, all the templates, powders and calculations may stimulate more @stevencfitnes 's brain -than fat cells. Instead of dropping the towel after a few cheats, wouldn't it be better to simplify it and just fast on the days he don't cheat?

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I meant drop fats to 100 on your off days. You have them at 125, so dropping them to 100 would drop 225 calories off for that day. 2025-225=1800cals if you make no other adjustments.
    Ah gotcha. That could work. I'll try it.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    This is the key, everyone thinks that because a nutrition plan (not a fan of the word diet for anything other than a planned short term way of eating such as comp prep, for anything with a longer term sustainability requirement I think ‘diet’ gives some people the wrong mentality from the off), worked for someone else that’s the only way to achieve the same results.

Everybody reacts differently to food/Marcos or ways of eating. Understanding the core principles about what each macronutrient does, how the body uses what we put in it but then finding a way of eating that;

- works for you
    - moves you towards your goals
    - is sustainable

Is what it’s about. Having the gonads to trust your own thinking on this is tough but essential.....
    You are giving more and more reasons to like @Whisky! It's not just for shots any more!

When I ran the PSMF diet initially I had a lot of people get on and tell me it was a horrible idea. None of them had Lyle's credentials though so I grabbed my gonads and went for it!!!! I am always trying new things when it comes to nutrition. I find the more principles I can find to apply very conveniently gives me much better success.

As far as doing what works for you simplicity is more maintainable for me than detailed. However if I can make it both detailed and simple then I really do well. When I did my comp most of my meals were exactly the same all the way through my 20 week prep... Just because doing the exact same thing daily was simpler... Only difference were the meals got smaller as I went along.

Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I was merely pointing to the obvious. Apparently, all the templates, powders and calculations may stimulate more @stevencfitnes 's brain -than fat cells. Instead of dropping the towel after a few cheats, wouldn't it be better to simplify it and just fast on the days he don't cheat?
    Yes, just doing what is maintainable is much better than a detailed program you can not stick with.
    Current Training Log -

21. Skimmed through and seeing lots of negative things about psmf. Lol No doubt by people that never tried it. I've done it more then once. It works great. "But bro you will lose all your gainz" ha Not even close to true. I did it while doing demolition all day and it was not that big of a deal.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Skimmed through and seeing lots of negative things about psmf. Lol No doubt by people that never tried it. I've done it more then once. It works great. "But bro you will lose all your gainz" ha Not even close to true. I did it while doing demolition all day and it was not that big of a deal.
    Yeah this is true, but I guess if you don't run up by telling people all about it and then just tell him you eating nothing they do have a good point if they don't understand it

23. Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Skimmed through and seeing lots of negative things about psmf. Lol No doubt by people that never tried it. I've done it more then once. It works great. "But bro you will lose all your gainz" ha Not even close to true. I did it while doing demolition all day and it was not that big of a deal.
    Yes people often don't understand that there are intricacies at work that may make something very bad for someone in the long run, but can be extremely beneficial acutely, like this type of diet.

Certainly you will lose your muscle mass, and cause some damage to your metabolism if you were to adopt this eating strategy full time!!!! However that is not the point of this strategy, and the time frame is what takes this from a healthy kick start to a fat loss plan, to a poor long term nutrition strategy...
    Current Training Log -

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yes people often don't understand that there are intricacies at work that may make something very bad for someone in the long run, but can be extremely beneficial acutely, like this type of diet.

Certainly you will lose your muscle mass, and cause some damage to your metabolism if you were to adopt this eating strategy full time!!!! However that is not the point of this strategy, and the time frame is what takes this from a healthy kick start to a fat loss plan, to a poor long term nutrition strategy...
    I would never do it full time, but I would never do the 1000 day deficit followed by 800 day deficit full-time either like I'm going to do for the next few weeks long term either.

Dieting is controlled starvation. Period!

25. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    I would never do it full time, but I would never do the 1000 day deficit followed by 800 day deficit full-time either like I'm going to do for the next few weeks long term either.

Dieting is controlled starvation. Period!
    Now the nutrition plan I followed doing my recomp can most definitely be done full time. It is basically just what most would call a lifestyle diet. Have a seriously deep deficit some days and balance it with a nice surplus on training days and you can stay pretty consistent as well as healthy. The difference there is that the extremes aren't as extreme, and alternating back and forth keeps you from becoming inflexible in how you deal with nutrients. Keeps you pretty efficient in both anabolism, and fat burning because you are flipping the switch regularly.
    Current Training Log -
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing lots of weight and using Epiandrosterone.
    By Fausteezi in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2015, 05:22 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
  3. Epistane and AP(with a few other things) log.
    By cmp007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
  4. french toast, lots of protein and good carbs
    By JKC12482 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 12:51 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 11:29 AM