Draw in face..... When Cutting?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else get this? Face seems to sink in very quickly when your cutting?

Been cutting a few weeks and i have noticed my face always seems to pull in vey quick. I do know that when i start to bulk again it fills back out slightly and looks alot better but its part of the process sadly but it wont deter me.

Even worse when someone mentions it to you... Ive had that recently. Looking a bit thin are you not? You need to start eating... I had it recently from my partner's friend.. Hes sitting thier with a fat stomach bloated face and was nearly passing out lifting some furniture around the house. A was like no think you need to trim down a little and get your health in check? Your breathing is terrible. If looks could kill..... :D But its the same when being told your too thin when you weight train and eat well and in gresat shape.

Anyone else suffer this? Im around 12-13% body fat so i only have another month or so to reach my target then the reverse diet starts

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was told by a few people that I was looking gaunt but to be honest I took this as a sign that I was doing things right.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I get the same thing. If I can see my abs, people comment all the time on how thin I look in the face... when I look at pics from anytime I was above 12%bf or so, I look like I just had my wisdom teeth pulled with my chubby cheeks ha. I just stopped caring because its easier to take a few "boy, you're looking thin" jabs vs having to look at my fat belly in the mirror every day ha

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Anyone else get this? Face seems to sink in very quickly when your cutting?

Been cutting a few weeks and i have noticed my face always seems to pull in vey quick. I do know that when i start to bulk again it fills back out slightly and looks alot better but its part of the process sadly but it wont deter me.

Even worse when someone mentions it to you... Ive had that recently. Looking a bit thin are you not? You need to start eating... I had it recently from my partner's friend.. Hes sitting thier with a fat stomach bloated face and was nearly passing out lifting some furniture around the house. A was like no think you need to trim down a little and get your health in check? Your breathing is terrible. If looks could kill..... :D But its the same when being told your too thin when you weight train and eat well and in gresat shape.

Anyone else suffer this? Im around 12-13% body fat so i only have another month or so to reach my target then the reverse diet starts
It almost got to the point where it became annoying. Everyone was telling me I was getting too thin but people who were coaches and also others who had competed before were telling me how great and shredded I looked. Seems like the people who tell you that you are too thin are non workout people. Its just how it goes. I can firmly say that I never received a negative comment from anyone that was an athlete. The most overweight and obese people are the first to say you are too thin. Do not pay attention to them as what they see through their eyes as normal is not healthy. If they saw what we did, they would be in the gym trying to lose their weight and get in shape along with telling you that you look fantastic.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys

Seems to be a common problem then?

Going on what use are saying it does seem to be the people who are non fitness related and also... People who are carrying to much weight, Thats exactly whats been the case with myself. My aunt was the recent one to mention it.

My partners friend like i was saying has mentioned it 3 times to me now aswell but last time i had my own to say back (Subtle ofcourse :D). Hes got the classic beer gut and double chin and when we were moving some stuff around his house his breathing was awful. Is that health then?

Im gonna keep going though. I let the comeents last time annoy me to the point i stopped. Im not unsocial with my eating at all.. If we go out for a planned meal i dont get bland things to fit my macros as that becomes an obsession i just have some family/friend time. Same with xmas this year i will relax and enjoy it. One day of over eating does no damage and is sometimes beneficial in the long run.

Thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate it

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys

Seems to be a common problem then?

Going on what use are saying it does seem to be the people who are non fitness related and also... People who are carrying to much weight, Thats exactly whats been the case with myself. My aunt was the recent one to mention it.

My partners friend like i was saying has mentioned it 3 times to me now aswell but last time i had my own to say back (Subtle ofcourse :D). Hes got the classic beer gut and double chin and when we were moving some stuff around his house his breathing was awful. Is that health then?

Im gonna keep going though. I let the comeents last time annoy me to the point i stopped. Im not unsocial with my eating at all.. If we go out for a planned meal i dont get bland things to fit my macros as that becomes an obsession i just have some family/friend time. Same with xmas this year i will relax and enjoy it. One day of over eating does no damage and is sometimes beneficial in the long run.

Thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate it
What was his response when you pointed out he was the unhealthy one? And yes it’s a common problem because fat people think being strict and staying super lean is caused by starving the human body. They don’t get it and unfortunately never will think being shredded is better than carrying around some bodyfat age eating what they want to. They are a lost cause and ignorant. But guess what? They will always avoid the pretty people crowd. They will always choose to stay home and associate with other fat asses who are ugly as **** , paying for hookers to get laid or resorting to women who no one else would want to ****. They will then say you need to eat something while you are shredded and ****ing hot chicks at the club. You always get the last laugh.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What was his response when you pointed out he was the unhealthy one?
He was bent over with his hands on his knee's breathing terribly and im standing not even a bead of sweat.. I just says you really need to trim down some mate and get your health sorted out (Gave me a dirty look) a just says hurt's doesn't it? Then i continued on. Hes no metioned my weight since then though.

He did say one day i cant seem to lose weight i have tried. I says your drinking 6-8 coffee's every day with 2 sugars each cup. Swap to a sweetener ? Thiers a bunch of calories saved for a start. Go a walk any free time you have? Hes a fast food'r also.. I says dont cut out fast food just drop it to once every 1-2 weeks. Calories saved. It all add's up and saves money. Hes a big guy also 6'3 so his TDEE will be healthy enough for him to have enough food without having to drop his calories too much.

He constantly says im gonna start the gym aswell (Hes been saying this for well over a year) he wants to be in reasonable shape but has no motivation. He has no kids or partner so its no like he has anything holding him back. I never mention too much as it can hurt some people when they realise its all down to them.

You had some of the classic comments of people like this?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
He was bent over with his hands on his knee's breathing terribly and im standing not even a bead of sweat.. I just says you really need to trim down some mate and get your health sorted out (Gave me a dirty look) a just says hurt's doesn't it? Then i continued on. Hes no metioned my weight since then though.

He did say one day i cant seem to lose weight i have tried. I says your drinking 6-8 coffee's every day with 2 sugars each cup. Swap to a sweetener ? Thiers a bunch of calories saved for a start. Go a walk any free time you have? Hes a fast food'r also.. I says dont cut out fast food just drop it to once every 1-2 weeks. Calories saved. It all add's up and saves money. Hes a big guy also 6'3 so his TDEE will be healthy enough for him to have enough food without having to drop his calories too much.

He constantly says im gonna start the gym aswell (Hes been saying this for well over a year) he wants to be in reasonable shape but has no motivation. He has no kids or partner so its no like he has anything holding him back. I never mention too much as it can hurt some people when they realise its all down to them.

You had some of the classic comments of people like this?
Yes many. Then they are left speechless when my coach would ask them why they think I’m too lean. They had no answer or comeback when a proven competition coach who has won shows puts them on the spot and asks them to explain their reasoning. I think much of it comes from envy and insecurity. Hence why 99.9 % of them are overweight n not workout people.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
It's always easier to bring someone down to your level than it is to climb up to their's. Insecure people will find faults in everyone.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I used to cut to around 6 percent there were people asking my mom if I had cancer.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya face was drawn like skeletor. No competition. I wa just dumb163lbs. Couldn't have stepped on stage with anyone. Wrecked my hormones and held that condition for about a month as well.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats a very long deficit to keep going at to reach that level of leanness.

Did you lose alot of Muscle in the process? Take it your back to a bulking phase?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats a very long deficit to keep going at to reach that level of leanness.

Did you lose alot of Muscle in the process? Take it your back to a bulking phase?
Yes. I believe I actually got to the state of losing legitimate muscle tissue of an appreciable amount, not just sarcoplasmic volume. I'm actually cutting again. The incident that I was referring to occurred three or four years ago.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Oh that “AIDS patient face”?

that’s when I know I’m getting lean....when people won’t shut up with dumb comments about how my face looks. I embrace it but with clients it can be awkward so I grew my beard out and it helped a good bit[/QUOTE

I may try that next time. Plus when people comment on my face take it as a positive

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
It's always easier to bring someone down to your level than it is to climb up to their's. Insecure people will find faults in everyone.
insecure people are always the loudest when it comes to being judgemental and critical.

Oh that “AIDS patient face”?

that’s when I know I’m getting lean....when people won’t shut up with dumb comments about how my face looks. I embrace it but with clients it can be awkward so I grew my beard out and it helped a good bit
I wish my face got gaunt looking :( i have a naturally circular globe head lol. it thins out as i drop weight but it still looks huge. sigh... oh well. I'll just have to live with my huge round face no matter what bodyfat percentage.

"aids face" LOL ...

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
insecure people are always the loudest when it comes to being judgemental and critical.

I wish my face got gaunt looking :( i have a naturally circular globe head lol. it thins out as i drop weight but it still looks huge. sigh... oh well. I'll just have to live with my huge round face no matter what bodyfat percentage.

"aids face" LOL ...
My face just now is at its worst!. I had a sodium face over xmas lol looked puffier. I know when i start to bulk again that it will look a little better.

Xmas pre weight was 155.4 pounds
Xmas post weight + Boxing day and i was on a holiday break for 3 days = 165 pounds
Weight this morning = 156.6 pounds

So the water weight has started to drop off very quickly (3 days)

My partner is being a pest also just now about the diet! CONSTANTLY saying. I have bought xmas cake on sale you better eat it and not let it get wasted. F*ck off and eat it yourself or do somethng better and not buy it. Throwing in sh*tty comments the now saying your obsesssssssssed. I had to snap a little and say i have been a fat mess in my life and i was miserable where now im lean and in good shape and im alot happier i feel so much better. What person have i to be? Funnily enough shes going on a diet on the 8th of January as shes piled it on? I says when you start your diet im gonna help out as much as i can and be supportive not buy cakes and say you better eat them. Madness lol

I dont think people realise that dieting is very hard to stick to and follow

But... My face is very lean the now. Its not the best look but i know that its temporary. It wont balloon back out will just become a little more shaped when i start to bulk. I have noticed this before.

Keep up the diets though folks. Dont let anyone throw you off. Reach your goals and be the best version you can be of yourself. Fook them hater's :D:D

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
My face just now is at its worst!. I had a sodium face over xmas lol looked puffier. I know when i start to bulk again that it will look a little better.

Xmas pre weight was 155.4 pounds
Xmas post weight + Boxing day and i was on a holiday break for 3 days = 165 pounds
Weight this morning = 156.6 pounds
you only put on one lb from christmas? i hate you! nice job. I am currently up 2 lbs

But... My face is very lean the now. Its not the best look but i know that its temporary.
I personally like the look of leaner faces. I probably have a preference for them since mine always looks fat. lets trade faces :) sigh... my lean face dreams will never happen. fk my genetics.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you only put on one lb from christmas? i hate you! nice job. I am currently up 2 lbs

I personally like the look of leaner faces. I probably have a preference for them since mine always looks fat. lets trade faces :) sigh... my lean face dreams will never happen. fk my genetics.
If you keep cutting your face could lean out a little more?

Have you heard of Evomuse? Wouldnt thier new topical be a benefit for your face? I think the new formula is designed for any body parts. Just allows fat to be released from where its applied. I know everyone says spot reduction is impossible but Dsade who owns that company knows his stuff and his reviews are always positive.. I always recommend Evomuse products.. Worth a go if it bothers you though?

Yes about a pound gain. I can have that off for the weekend i reckon? If i continue the cut and bump my cardio a little i will be back at 155 ish for Sunday. I had a great xmas and honestly in 2 days i easily done 20k calories lol was an unreal amount of food and sweets. Im determined though and after the holiday break i was straight back onto a diet and its falling back off so no harm done? This is how diet'n should be done... Im not competing or anything i just want to be almost overly lean before i start to bulk again.. Just so i can bulk for a long while but still look reasonable.

Whats your goals for this year?

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
If you keep cutting your face could lean out a little more?

Have you heard of Evomuse? Wouldnt thier new topical be a benefit for your face? I think the new formula is designed for any body parts.
it wouldnt help my face bc i have a BONE structure problem LOL . cutting definitely helps but its effects on my face are minor.

Im determined though and after the holiday break i was straight back onto a diet and its falling back off so no harm done? This is how diet'n should be done... Im not competing or anything i just want to be almost overly lean before i start to bulk again.. Just so i can bulk for a long while but still look reasonable.

Whats your goals for this year?
sounds legit. your diet seems like its working and going well. Keep it up.

my goals... I need to lean o;ut for maybe... 1-2 more months and then maintain that. perhaps do a show this year depending on my motivation level after this cut.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I'm gonna begin to cut again in a week or so. I can't wait after a few weeks when people start telling me I have aids or cancer and need to eat more. :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I fell back on 'its not what you eat between christmas and new years that matters, its what you eat between new years and xmas that makes the difference'

Unusual for me as i eat so clean all the time and last year i literally only went over my cals on xmas day.

Gained 7lbs but dropped 3 of that already. Going to rip the rest off over the next couple of weeks and then get back to maintaining until my next cycle......

Sounds like you done it right bro. I wont go that crazy again next year