Dairy consumption post- workout.....

1. Dairy consumption post- workout.....

Currently on a cutting/strength maintenance cycle- 45 min cardio a day, maximal strength training 3x/wk..Diet consists of 6 small meals on a low- carb, high protein plan..

Question, to anyone who has the essential scientifical knowledge and is not getting their information off of others' dietary routine: Since dairy slows down digestion/glucogenesis, and it is best to feed the muscle ASAP post-wrkout, would milk consumption have any detrimental/counteractive effects on my overall goals? Would it slow down the cutting result which I am aiming for?

2. I suggest you look at the link up top for informational threads. The "rush" of nutrients that you speak of PWO isn't necessary.

3. Die Trying, thanks for your quick response...
    I thought it was best to consume a easily digestible foods at least an hour after a workout, when your body is still revved up and it is more effectively absorbed.. And that immediate PWO feeds prevent catabolic effects.
    Anyone?
    (am i totally off here? lol)
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by musQlardevil
    Currently on a cutting/strength maintenance cycle- 45 min cardio a day, maximal strength training 3x/wk..Diet consists of 6 small meals on a low- carb, high protein plan..

Question, to anyone who has the essential scientifical knowledge and is not getting their information off of others' dietary routine: Since dairy slows down digestion/glucogenesis, and it is best to feed the muscle ASAP post-wrkout, would milk consumption have any detrimental/counteractive effects on my overall goals? Would it slow down the cutting result which I am aiming for?
    I am not sure what you are basing the above statement on. If you are consuming lowfat or nonfat dairy products there s/b negligible effects on digestion and no effect on glucogenesis. Lactose is is quickly broken down into glucose & galactose in the intestines (brush border enzymes). In fact diabetics are routinely instructed to to use nonfat/lowfat milk for low BG due to it's quick effects in elevating BG.

Checkout this previously posted thread for mor info re: w/o nutrition

Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout?

5. Hi jonny21..
    I suppose I was previously misinformed.. thanks for your help!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy
    By Jas in forum Supplements
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 01:16 PM
  2. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 02:40 AM
  4. even post workout nutrition
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM