Dairy consumption post- workout.....

musQlardevil

Awards
Currently on a cutting/strength maintenance cycle- 45 min cardio a day, maximal strength training 3x/wk..Diet consists of 6 small meals on a low- carb, high protein plan..

Question, to anyone who has the essential scientifical knowledge and is not getting their information off of others' dietary routine: Since dairy slows down digestion/glucogenesis, and it is best to feed the muscle ASAP post-wrkout, would milk consumption have any detrimental/counteractive effects on my overall goals? Would it slow down the cutting result which I am aiming for?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I suggest you look at the link up top for informational threads. The "rush" of nutrients that you speak of PWO isn't necessary.

musQlardevil

Awards
Die Trying, thanks for your quick response...
I thought it was best to consume a easily digestible foods at least an hour after a workout, when your body is still revved up and it is more effectively absorbed.. And that immediate PWO feeds prevent catabolic effects.
Anyone?
(am i totally off here? lol)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Currently on a cutting/strength maintenance cycle- 45 min cardio a day, maximal strength training 3x/wk..Diet consists of 6 small meals on a low- carb, high protein plan..

Question, to anyone who has the essential scientifical knowledge and is not getting their information off of others' dietary routine: Since dairy slows down digestion/glucogenesis, and it is best to feed the muscle ASAP post-wrkout, would milk consumption have any detrimental/counteractive effects on my overall goals? Would it slow down the cutting result which I am aiming for?
I am not sure what you are basing the above statement on. If you are consuming lowfat or nonfat dairy products there s/b negligible effects on digestion and no effect on glucogenesis. Lactose is is quickly broken down into glucose & galactose in the intestines (brush border enzymes). In fact diabetics are routinely instructed to to use nonfat/lowfat milk for low BG due to it's quick effects in elevating BG.

Checkout this previously posted thread for mor info re: w/o nutrition

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4948

musQlardevil

Awards
Hi jonny21..
I suppose I was previously misinformed.. thanks for your help!