Carbs

1. Carbs

Hope everyone is having a good day. Just a little curious about my macros I have set. Stats:

22 years old
    6"2
    196 pounds
    Construction job (right now I'm on the paint crew so it's not as physical as before)

I wanted to start to lean out a bit so I thought I'd start consuming my carbs after my workout only. The macros I have set are:

150g Fat

230g Protein

About 40-60 grams of carbs (PWO)

Just wanted opinions on the macros. Thanks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Its Raider View Post
    Hope everyone is having a good day. Just a little curious about my macros I have set. Stats:

22 years old
    6"2
    196 pounds
    Construction job (right now I'm on the paint crew so it's not as physical as before)

I wanted to start to lean out a bit so I thought I'd start consuming my carbs after my workout only. The macros I have set are:

150g Fat

230g Protein

About 40-60 grams of carbs (PWO)

Just wanted opinions on the macros. Thanks.
    Hey bro, obviously assuming total calorie intake equals a slight deficit for you but imo the split is good.
    •   

3. Have you tried a low carb diet like this before? Also, what are your current macros? I think this looks solid, but I'd want to know what you were doing prior to this with your macros. Jumping to a low carb diet like this with a physical job might be a challenge
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Have you tried a low carb diet like this before? Also, what are your current macros? I think this looks solid, but I'd want to know what you were doing prior to this with your macros. Jumping to a low carb diet like this with a physical job might be a challenge
    Thanks for the replies. Basically I've just been winging it to be honest. I just don't try and consume carbs until after my workout. I eat the typical meats, nuts, eggs, etc. it is a struggle though. But the reason why I felt like it was a struggle because I wasn't eating enough. Now if I put a carb meal in there. Lowered the fat and raised the carbs a bit. Would carbs in the morning and after my workout be fine?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Its Raider View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Basically I've just been winging it to be honest. I just don't try and consume carbs until after my workout. I eat the typical meats, nuts, eggs, etc. it is a struggle though. But the reason why I felt like it was a struggle because I wasn't eating enough. Now if I put a carb meal in there. Lowered the fat and raised the carbs a bit. Would carbs in the morning and after my workout be fine?
    Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad approach either. Just stay consistent with what you decide to do for at least 6-8 weeks to see how you feel and how your body is responding. Doing a low carb diet like you described is effective, but I wouldn't say it's "better" than a moderate carb diet with lower fat intake. For me personally, I prefer to keep fats lower and eat at many carbs as possible. Your weight loss will be determined by total calories, not necessarily by specific macros.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad approach either. Just stay consistent with what you decide to do for at least 6-8 weeks to see how you feel and how your body is responding. Doing a low carb diet like you described is effective, but I wouldn't say it's "better" than a moderate carb diet with lower fat intake. For me personally, I prefer to keep fats lower and eat at many carbs as possible. Your weight loss will be determined by total calories, not necessarily by specific macros.
    I agree with this but personally prefer lower carb and higher fat myself. What works is what you feel good on and can sustain..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Cycleing Diet
    By dez/null in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
  2. Low carb soy pasta, check it out
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 09:21 PM
  3. Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!
    By bpdaddy in forum Supplements