Intermittent Fasting... Hgh?

1. Intermittent Fasting... Hgh?

We've all heard of intermittent fasting no doubt?

I personally do it daily just because i have got to the stage now where its now a routine and my hunger levels are zero in the mornings anyway.

Thier seems to be a study showing that fasting for say 18 - 24 hours causes a huge spike in HGH levels? If this is the case why do people still inject HGH daily? I have genuinely looked into HGH but that stuff is ££££ for a small run of it and i see it needs to be run for 6 months to a year and onwards to see any results.

A study showed HGH was increased up to 2000% with intermittent fasting ? Do you believe this is the case? Wouldn't this be a larger amount than say injecting 2iu per day? I fast everyday no less than 16 hours and i have pushed a 24 hour+ fast before aswell.

Just wondered if the studys have any benefit or belief?

I fast mainly for appetite but if thier are other benefits like above then well even better

Whats everyone's thoughts?

2. Intermittent Fasting... Hgh?

IF hasnt any benefits for muscle growth. its just a nice option to prevent overeating through the day for people that are usually very hungry the whole day.

every hormonal change your body can do on its own, isnt strong enough to enhance muscle growth. the only way to put up hormonal levels to a significant level is the use of exogenous hormones.

if you fast the whole day i would recommend to eat at least a 2-3 times a good amount of proteine (for example 30-40g whey every 4h) over the day. every 4h the protein synthesis can be maximized. if you eat/drink nothing with protein till the evening, you actually miss some of your bodys potential.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    IF hasnt any benefits for muscle growth. its just a nice option to prevent overeating through the day for people that are usually very hungry the whole day.

every hormonal change your body can do on its own, isnt strong enough to enhance muscle growth. the only way to put up hormonal levels to a significant level is the use of exogenous hormones.

if you fast the whole day i would recommend to eat at least a 2-3 times a good amount of proteine (for example 30-40g whey every 4h) over the day. every 4h the protein synthesis can be maximized. if you eat/drink nothing with protein till the evening, you actually miss some of your bodys potential.
    Isn't meal timing etc all a myth though? I eat my over daily requirements rather than timing every 4 hours and still grow just as effective. Suppose were all different

I wasn't meaning HGH for muscle growth i just meant it as an overall increase in HGH being secreted. Thier is a study showing it rapidly increased during periods of fasting.. Also due to lower insulin levels.

4. Overall*

5. Quote Originally Posted by bell1986 View Post
    Isn't meal timing etc all a myth though? I eat my over daily requirements rather than timing every 4 hours and still grow just as effective. Suppose were all different

I wasn't meaning HGH for muscle growth i just meant it as an overall increase in HGH being secreted. Thier is a study showing it rapidly increased during periods of fasting.. Also due to lower insulin levels.
    meal timing per se is a myth but its 100% better to consume ever 4h protein than to fast completely. our bodies are different, yes, but some main biological things are the same in every body - so its with the protein synthesis.

its highly recommended to consume protein around the training; i wouldnt train completely fasted (eaa‘s or whey pre workout are a lot better than fasted! its important to consume a protein source with s complete amino acid profile and not just crappy bcaas! ).

after the training you dont need immediately a proteine shake but its also better to consume protein in the hours after the gym or to have a good meal afterwards. carbohydrates can be eaten like you want - the glycogen store is anyway filled till the next training session.

maybe the difference between fasting completely and maxmizing your protein snythesis isnt thaaaat big but its 100% better to trigger your protein synthesis 3-5 times a day than only 1-2 times.
    •   

6. I haven't seen any studies that show this drastic of an increase. I personally did IF for 2 years during college and it wasn't anything life-changing. Aside from pre and post workout nutrition there isn't a large effect on meal timing. IF may be convenient and helpful to some, but it's not magical when compared to any other meal timing strategy.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

7. "The most potent natural stimulus to growth hormone secretion is fasting. In one study, over a five-day fasting period, growth hormone secretion more than doubled. During fasting, in addition to the usual early-morning spike of growth hormone (pulsatile), there is also regular secretion throughout the day (non-pulsatile). Both pulsatile and non-pulsatile release of growth hormone is increased during fasting. Interestingly, very low-calorie diets are not able to provoke the same growth hormone response. A study of a religious forty-day fast found that baseline growth hormone levels increased from 0.73 ng/ mL to peak at 9.86 ng/ mL. That is a 1250 percent increase in growth hormone, all done without drugs. And a 1992 study showed a fivefold increase in growth hormone in response to a two-day fast." -Dr. Jason Fung

8. I am also doing it, I find it effective as I have already lost 7 pounds in just one month, but of course, I still do a cardio workout on a daily basis.

9. I was super strong, lean, and muscular when I practiced IF when I was 17-19

Now that I'm lifting again at 25 I'm going to start IF'ing again. It was the best way I ever got huge and really, really, strong.

10. Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    meal timing per se is a myth but its 100% better to consume ever 4h protein than to fast completely. our bodies are different, yes, but some main biological things are the same in every body - so its with the protein synthesis.

its highly recommended to consume protein around the training; i wouldnt train completely fasted (eaa‘s or whey pre workout are a lot better than fasted! its important to consume a protein source with s complete amino acid profile and not just crappy bcaas! ).

after the training you dont need immediately a proteine shake but its also better to consume protein in the hours after the gym or to have a good meal afterwards. carbohydrates can be eaten like you want - the glycogen store is anyway filled till the next training session.

maybe the difference between fasting completely and maxmizing your protein snythesis isnt thaaaat big but its 100% better to trigger your protein synthesis 3-5 times a day than only 1-2 times.
    What about the Bulgarian protein cycling that Leo Costa talks about? Lower intakes of protein cause an increase in MPS when normal intake is resumed. Granted you could still spike MPS as long as overall protein is lower, but for body composition purposes, is it really all that optimal to spike your insulin, thus blunting fat oxidation, in the long run? Even worse, spiking insulin with bcaa's, or even eaa's, and having nothing else in the blood stream could cause an over release of insulin resulting in glycolytic or even proteolytic breakdown to make use of the extra insulin especially in the insulin resistant population could it not?

I'm not trying to start an argument. I am merely presenting my viewpoint, but I think that it is better to either eat (as in more than simply protein) or not. I don't think that it benefits to use aminos throughout the day except around training.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 11:31 PM
  2. Experiences with Intermittent Fasting
    By adnscmplx in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 01:27 AM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 11:47 PM