Weight loss what now. Supplement?

  1. Weight loss what now. Supplement?


    So basically former college lineman. Spent four years getting fat not working out a ton. Have done some pro hormone in the past none in two years.

    Last three months
    Lifted a little, mostly cardio. Limited fast food, mostly cleaned up diet

    An hr on elliptical a day down to 280 from 313. Still hanging gut and some man boobs, but naturally barrel chested

    Is it time to supplement or just keep going with what ive been doing. Worried about loose skin, since I get stretch marks so easy from lifting


  2. Just my personal opinion but I don’t think anyone needs specific supplementation to get down around 10-12% bf. Fat burners etc are nothing compared to a good consistent approach to exercise and nutrition.

    By specific supplements I’m talking t3 etc, stuff you’d buy to lose weight. I do think things like vit d3, fish oils and green tea extract etc have a place but that’s more an overall health thing, I’d take when cutting, bulking or maintaining.

    Sounds like your on the right tracks already though man, great job thus far, just keep at it.

    Loose skins a bitch by the way, have it myself following a 140lb weight loss a few years back, loads of variables (age, years overweight etc) on how bad it’ll be or whether it’ll tighten but being a lower weight with loose skin is a **** load better than being overweight with tight skin imo.
    •   
       


  3. Thanks bro.

    I been a bigger guy all through my twenties. Last year I got fatter and started to get the bear claw scratches on my stomach. Only a year with the hanging gut, but I know im doomed for some loose skin

  4. Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    Thanks bro.

    I been a bigger guy all through my twenties. Last year I got fatter and started to get the bear claw scratches on my stomach. Only a year with the hanging gut, but I know im doomed for some loose skin
    Sounds really similar to me bro, was big through late teens and twenties and then late 20’s/early 30’s I hit 320lbs.

    One thing I can tell you, having always been used to being ‘the fat guy’ when you get into shape it’s an amazing feeling - walking into a room knowing that people’s first thought isn’t ‘wow he’s big’ is great and personally I found the pursuit of fitness really addictive.

    Keep at it and you’ll get there bro - trust me when you do you’ll love it, feeling good about the way you look gives you so much in all aspects of your life.

  5. Sounds like you've been consistent for the last 3 months, which is great. I don't think you're in need of adding a supplement in yet, I would keep doing what you're doing for now and stay consistent with eating better and exercising consistently. A thermogenic product might help some, but from your current state with only 3 months of consistent habits I would give it some more time before adding anything else in.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Keep at it bud! Its a marathon not a sprint. Your 3 months in and making great progress keep it up, so far you already got great advice so to just add, don't worry about adding a supplements but basic supps for just overall health, multi vitamin, some fish oil start there. Keep eating clean and healthy add some spices to your foods add some flavor and crank up the heat haha. Eating bland foods will get tiring and annoying so can get some franks red hot, or that reduced sugar ketchup, mustard and other low cal toppings. Be careful there some toppings like sweet baby rays packs like 25g of sugar per serving I think or something like that so watch out there... Also if you are a coffee drinker and you add cream, watch the creamers get the reduced sugar ones, or the half and half, and theres others in that section at the grocery store that also have low cals.

    But food eggs, chicken, ground beef or turkey 85/15 wouldn't go lower than that, egg whites, fish, greek yogurt, real oatmeal, sweet potato, rice, oatmeal squares cereal, avocados, natural peanut butter, olive oil, shredded cheese, turkey bacon, salsa, bananas, blueberries, and the reduced almond milk either unsweetened vanilla 30 cals, or low sugar 60 cal. Thats basically my grocery list.

    keep at it man, keep us posted on the journey!
    Figure out what you want, make a plan, go get it, period.

    ---
    Team Juggernaut
    Team Mind & Muscle
    http://mindandmuscle.com
    Use discount code ROB5 on all purchases.
    Custom discounted stacks are available for you - message me for details!

  7. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep lifting, keep at nutrition, making sure you get your sleep.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMNOV50

  8. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Keep doing what you're doing. Keep lifting, keep at nutrition, making sure you get your sleep.
    Yeah sleep/recovery is where I have been really doing poorly lately. Restless nights trying to sleep have lead to a few dog**** workout days

  9. Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    Yeah sleep/recovery is where I have been really doing poorly lately. Restless nights trying to sleep have lead to a few dog**** workout days
    We all have our dog **** workout days bro haha, but still a bad workout is still better than no workout remember that bud! I also have a hard time with sleeping or getting enough sleep which I'm sure everyone else does as well. You can always try melatonin small does 1-3mg for me personally and that knocks me out. But be careful you can become reliant on it, so maybe try it like Monday night, skip Tuesday, try it Wednesday ya know on and off. Give that a shot.
    Figure out what you want, make a plan, go get it, period.

    ---
    Team Juggernaut
    Team Mind & Muscle
    http://mindandmuscle.com
    Use discount code ROB5 on all purchases.
    Custom discounted stacks are available for you - message me for details!

  10. Hi there, before taking any supplement you need to make sure that it is good for health and don't have any side-effects. Recently my sister who was overweight she followed a guide rťgime from Cellublue and according to her she experienced a good changes in her body. She also told me about the oils and creams which helps in tightening skin.

  11. Congrats man!!! Fellow lineman who knows the struggle!!!! I was at about 308 for my heaviest.

    Like others have mentioned you sound motivated and really seem to be on the right track. Itís my personal opinion that heavy stimulants and some fat burners can cause you to lose too much fat too fast and the body canít catchup. The lose skin is then exaggerated in appearance but itís a process that takes quite a bit of time.

    Keep things steady and hopefully that lean tissue will help keep you thick and the skin wonít sag too much! Keep up the great work man! Merry Christmas!!!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Just my personal opinion but I don’t think anyone needs specific supplementation to get down around 10-12% bf. Fat burners etc are nothing compared to a good consistent approach to exercise and nutrition.

    By specific supplements I’m talking t3 etc, stuff you’d buy to lose weight. I do think things like vit d3, fish oils and green tea extract etc have a place but that’s more an overall health thing, I’d take when cutting, bulking or maintaining.

    Sounds like your on the right tracks already though man, great job thus far, just keep at it.

    Loose skins a bitch by the way, have it myself following a 140lb weight loss a few years back, loads of variables (age, years overweight etc) on how bad it’ll be or whether it’ll tighten but being a lower weight with loose skin is a **** load better than being overweight with tight skin imo.
    Hi Whisky,
    Nice Lol.
    You shared nice diet tips of losing weight naturally. I wonder people going after supplements or fat burners to lose weight.
    As for my knowledge I go with liquid diet like drinking 5 litres of water to fill my stomach.
    First thing I did is say no to 'alcohol'. That life style change has bought my life back. I lost 20 pounds in three months.
    Early in the morning I go for a walk for 1 hour. It worked fine for me.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bernice View Post
    Hi Whisky,
    Nice Lol.
    You shared nice diet tips of losing weight naturally. I wonder people going after supplements or fat burners to lose weight.
    As for my knowledge I go with liquid diet like drinking 5 litres of water to fill my stomach.
    First thing I did is say no to 'alcohol'. That life style change has bought my life back. I lost 20 pounds in three months.
    Early in the morning I go for a walk for 1 hour. It worked fine for me.
    Good stuff, I also haven’t drunk alcohol in over 5 years and walk lots....

  14. Yes, drinking alcohol increases your chances of storing more visceral fat near at your abdomen.
    This increase changes of getting heart attack and CVD.
    So I stopped drinking alcohol.
    Instead I drink water to remove unwanted fats from my belly.
    These is my schedule:
    Morning i drink 1 litre of water which is lukewarm.
    After that I go for 1 hour walk.
    I take Oat with milk and soon.

  15. Update: I'm down to about 267 now. Holidays and work schedule made it a little harder. December I barely lifted really, but I did cardio every day. Chest firming up some and belly going down. I do notice shoulders and arms getting smaller too though. Legs have already toned up pretty well. I should be doing even better but I drank liquor around the holidays. I have been tracking steps and water with a fitbit, and i feel better since ive been drinking alot of water. I need to cut down on diet pop at work though.

    I want to get on a more consistent lifting schedule but my gym is packed since New Years. I wouldn't mind getting back into kettlebells, but i want to firm up these tits. I got a bottle of reduceXt and plan on starting it Monday. Seems pretty easy on the body and it isnt a thermogenic.

  16. Keep up the good effort

    why no lifting more?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMNOV50

  17. Just a packed gym around holidays, they had a before new years promo. When i get off work is probably peak busy. People sitting on benches doing fn forearm curls.

  18. Nowadays it is not so difficult to lose weight naturally. Many people are also using diet supplements, juice or something similar. I have heard about supplements that work well. So losing weight is now a much easier task. All the best!

    Source: healthyselfprograms.com/

  19. Thanks for the advise Nathan.

  20. I appreciate @nathanb your advice here. Yeah, this might work. But honestly i have another plan. I would like to try some supplements from supplementous.com/ Hope this will provide good results.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weight Loss- What should I reasonably aim for?
    By kaleispimp in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 08:02 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 12:41 AM
  4. Weight loss supplement questions...
    By justinb44 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:24 AM
  5. Weight loss supplements?
    By jbrave4 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Log in
Log in