Lendo's Primeval Labs Pyretic & Vein Nutrition Veinquish log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. A.M. cardio and abs done.
    Treadmill & stationary bike...legs still sore from deadlifts Monday.
    Took morning dose.

    Update:
    Meals:
    Breakfast: Protein shake w/ banana
    Lunch: went out with guys from work, stayed as clean as possible: black beans, chicken, guac, hot sauce (no rice)
    Dinner: Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, all with olive oil and garlic
    one hard boiled egg later when I was still feeling hungry

    Took evening dose (so 2 full doses)


  2. Didn't make it gym last night...work stuff came up.

    I could have went early this morning for cardio, but was feeling with legs and abs still sore, I passed.

    Doing some push ups now, and I'm feeling the soreness in my abs/core as I do the push ups...not necessarily a bad thing.

    Took morning dose.

    Tonight, Friday, Saturday...should get to the gym pretty regularly.

    Edit/Update: I have to eat fish either for lunch or dinner today. Last week I ate a pretty good amount of fish, and I think that helped contribute to the weight loss.
    •   
       


  3. Good day at work

    Had some "veggie tuna" for lunch (a little more than 8 oz.)

    40 minutes cardio at gym

    Chicken (8 oz.), spinach, olive oil, garlic, with some cumin and crushed red pepper for dinner

    2nd dose with dinner

    weight is around 245 lbs

    between the lemon water I drank today, preworkout, and Pyretic/Veinquish, I should be pretty close to 240 lbs by morning

  4. 6:00 a.m.: 45 minutes cardio, abs

    added something little to the bag of tricks: wore thermals (under all the other layers) for morning cardio...it's worked in the past

    weighed myself when I got home...back to 240 lbs let's hope I can get it down from here


  5. So was kind of "off"/tired the last few days...

    did a quick lift Saturday morning, a whole lotta nothing Sunday...and still tired yesterday...diet wasn't really "perfect" either...not horrible, but not perfect...maybe it's the weather, daylight savings, whatever...

    Did 30 minutes cardio (elliptical) this morning...still weighing 240 or possibly a pound less...

    We'll see how the rest of the week goes...
    •   
       


  6. Busy day at work yesterday...got cardio in early, diet was good, took 2 doses...

    Today looks busy too....

    Got a quick 45 minute lift/cardio session this morning. Took Morning dose.

    Scale still at 240 lbs.

  7. Keep putting in the work man. It sounds like a few things are going on here - you don't have a routine that has become automatic yet and you are focused a lot on weight. I mean, wearing thermals will cause you to drop weight but not fat. Weight doesn't really matter, it's the fat loss and that's gonna take time.

    Why are you trying to lose weight in the first place? Do you mind talking about that a little?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Keep putting in the work man. It sounds like a few things are going on here - you don't have a routine that has become automatic yet and you are focused a lot on weight. I mean, wearing thermals will cause you to drop weight but not fat. Weight doesn't really matter, it's the fat loss and that's gonna take time.

    Why are you trying to lose weight in the first place? Do you mind talking about that a little?
    Thanks for the input...

    I've touched on a few of your comments previously, but happy to recap.

    The thermals thing was just something I did once a while ago that seemed to work so I thought I'd try it again.

    I agree my routine is not perfect, but I'm trying to at least get some work out in every day, and I'm close to that.

    As far as losing weight/fat: simple: I weigh too much. Started this around 245-250 (was as much as 260 not too long ago)...concentrating on "weight" loss, knowing fat will take time...if I can lose 20 lbs (or more), losing a little bit of muscle in the process would not be horrible.

    I think this supplement combo and getting to the gym more regularly than previously has helped me lose 5-10 lbs.
    My plan is to finish up this combo, then move on to a more traditional stimulant/thermogenic/"fat burner"

    Not trying to get in contest/photo shoot shape, but yes, trying to look better naked.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Thanks for the input...

    I've touched on a few of your comments previously, but happy to recap.

    The thermals thing was just something I did once a while ago that seemed to work so I thought I'd try it again.

    I agree my routine is not perfect, but I'm trying to at least get some work out in every day, and I'm close to that.

    As far as losing weight/fat: simple: I weigh too much. Started this around 245-250 (was as much as 260 not too long ago)...concentrating on "weight" loss, knowing fat will take time...if I can lose 20 lbs (or more), losing a little bit of muscle in the process would not be horrible.

    I think this supplement combo and getting to the gym more regularly than previously has helped me lose 5-10 lbs.
    My plan is to finish up this combo, then move on to a more traditional stimulant/thermogenic/"fat burner"

    Not trying to get in contest/photo shoot shape, but yes, trying to look better naked.
    Cool man. I'm not trying to make you defend. Here's the thing. "Why" is really the most important part. It's hard for all of us to really, clearly, define our "why" - but once we do, it becomes 80-90% of the success. After you know "why", you will suddenly be certain and have this faith. It will be like you've already lost the weight, it's a foregone conclusion - you're just doing the work now to get there.

    So, again, not making you defensive just looking for clarity for both of us - "I weigh too much" is not a reason.

    I once weighed around 300 pounds. I woke up in the middle of the night because I had stopped breathing and my entire body hurt and I'd be panting and just moving caused pain. I knew it wasn't healthy. I knew I "weighed too much". And I also knew "how" to lose weight. But for some reason, in over a decade, I just never did it. I never cared. I didn't have a reason.

    Then one day, I saw my grandmother who was 86 years old at the time. She could no longer stand from a chair on her own. She has always refused any discomfort. When her doctor told her she needed to start walking and my mom and aunt bought her a treadmill, she sold the treadmill 2 years later because she never used it.

    Then I saw my dad, in his 60's and hobbling around on two bad knees, almost unable to walk upright because his knees hurt so badly. And he weighed over 300 pounds.

    And then I saw myself and realized, we are all on a path. And we choose those roads and if we're not careful we have to live with the results when we are old and gray. Death didn't scare me, but living to 100 and not being able to get out of bed or go anywhere for the last 15 years of my life certainly doesn't sound fun. And I don't want to be a burden. I like helping others and don't want anyone to ever have to wipe my butt because I can't even do that.

    I don't have kids, but I have a lot of family. And being fat and weak and unable to accomplish physical tasks would make me unable to help people around me and unable to accomplish my own goals. I also realized how much of life is movement and how much I had given up because I no longer ski'd or played basketball or tennis, etc.

    So it started small for me. "Just move" was my goal. That was the thing I was clear on. And it grew from there.

    To bolster this, I also had images in my head of taking my shirt off around people and having a six pack and having them not expect it because I was so fat. Images of this guy who they viewed as physically "out of shape" doing pull ups that they couldn't even imagine and deadlifting things they couldn't dream of moving. I had an almost child-like dream of being physically alpha. The guy in the room that no one would mess with because he could just f#ck sh1t up. And beyond that, I wanted to have those abilities and have no one expect it - kind of like with my shirt on they didn't see, but if they saw me workout or take off my shirt...didn't see it coming.

    5 years later and I'm still not quite there. It's hard. It ebbs and flows. But that vision is my foundation. Those reasons are my foundation. They will last me forever and push me toward my goals. I was COMPELLED to do the work because the outcome in my mind was SO GREAT.

    So, you weigh to much. What will you have if you weigh "what you should"? What is it that you really want to gain? What does your world look like when you "get there"?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Cool man. I'm not trying to make you defend. Here's the thing. "Why" is really the most important part. It's hard for all of us to really, clearly, define our "why" - but once we do, it becomes 80-90% of the success. After you know "why", you will suddenly be certain and have this faith. It will be like you've already lost the weight, it's a foregone conclusion - you're just doing the work now to get there.

    So, again, not making you defensive just looking for clarity for both of us - "I weigh too much" is not a reason.

    I once weighed around 300 pounds. I woke up in the middle of the night because I had stopped breathing and my entire body hurt and I'd be panting and just moving caused pain. I knew it wasn't healthy. I knew I "weighed too much". And I also knew "how" to lose weight. But for some reason, in over a decade, I just never did it. I never cared. I didn't have a reason.

    Then one day, I saw my grandmother who was 86 years old at the time. She could no longer stand from a chair on her own. She has always refused any discomfort. When her doctor told her she needed to start walking and my mom and aunt bought her a treadmill, she sold the treadmill 2 years later because she never used it.

    Then I saw my dad, in his 60's and hobbling around on two bad knees, almost unable to walk upright because his knees hurt so badly. And he weighed over 300 pounds.

    And then I saw myself and realized, we are all on a path. And we choose those roads and if we're not careful we have to live with the results when we are old and gray. Death didn't scare me, but living to 100 and not being able to get out of bed or go anywhere for the last 15 years of my life certainly doesn't sound fun. And I don't want to be a burden. I like helping others and don't want anyone to ever have to wipe my butt because I can't even do that.

    I don't have kids, but I have a lot of family. And being fat and weak and unable to accomplish physical tasks would make me unable to help people around me and unable to accomplish my own goals. I also realized how much of life is movement and how much I had given up because I no longer ski'd or played basketball or tennis, etc.

    So it started small for me. "Just move" was my goal. That was the thing I was clear on. And it grew from there.

    To bolster this, I also had images in my head of taking my shirt off around people and having a six pack and having them not expect it because I was so fat. Images of this guy who they viewed as physically "out of shape" doing pull ups that they couldn't even imagine and deadlifting things they couldn't dream of moving. I had an almost child-like dream of being physically alpha. The guy in the room that no one would mess with because he could just f#ck sh1t up. And beyond that, I wanted to have those abilities and have no one expect it - kind of like with my shirt on they didn't see, but if they saw me workout or take off my shirt...didn't see it coming.

    5 years later and I'm still not quite there. It's hard. It ebbs and flows. But that vision is my foundation. Those reasons are my foundation. They will last me forever and push me toward my goals. I was COMPELLED to do the work because the outcome in my mind was SO GREAT.

    So, you weigh to much. What will you have if you weigh "what you should"? What is it that you really want to gain? What does your world look like when you "get there"?
    DEFEND?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU SAY I DEFEND???? I'M NOT DEFENDING!!!!! I'M NOT DEFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

    just kidding...

    but seriously...quite honestly, I feel like I'm not thinking about this on as deep a level as you are (or you have).

    I want to lose weight (and fat) just to lose weight (and fat). I want to look better. I fell like I'd be HAPPPIER with myself if my weight were LOWER (that's about as existential as I get!). Sure, if some health benefits come along with that, that's great. If my blood pressure and cholesterol go down that's great.

    Like you @HIT4ME, I don't have kids, but I have a great family. I have 4 nieces who mean the world to me. The 3 older ones have competed on high level national champion girls lacrosse teams (youngest one (11 years old), not so much into it, but plays sports to have fun...dances and does cheering and kickline too!). Oldest one is now playing lacrosse in college. I go to as many of their games and events as I can. I "play" and practice with them (I played lacrosse in high school and college...not at their level...and the boys game vs. girls game is a little different). I'm not running sub 6 minute miles (like the one in college does), but I like to try to keep up with them!.

    So if it's vanity (I want to look better), so be it. If some health benefits come along with it, great


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    DEFEND?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU SAY I DEFEND???? I'M NOT DEFENDING!!!!! I'M NOT DEFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

    just kidding...

    but seriously...quite honestly, I feel like I'm not thinking about this on as deep a level as you are (or you have).

    I want to lose weight (and fat) just to lose weight (and fat). I want to look better. I fell like I'd be HAPPPIER with myself if my weight were LOWER (that's about as existential as I get!). Sure, if some health benefits come along with that, that's great. If my blood pressure and cholesterol go down that's great.

    Like you @HIT4ME, I don't have kids, but I have a great family. I have 4 nieces who mean the world to me. The 3 older ones have competed on high level national champion girls lacrosse teams (youngest one (11 years old), not so much into it, but plays sports to have fun...dances and does cheering and kickline too!). Oldest one is now playing lacrosse in college. I go to as many of their games and events as I can. I "play" and practice with them (I played lacrosse in high school and college...not at their level...and the boys game vs. girls game is a little different). I'm not running sub 6 minute miles (like the one in college does), but I like to try to keep up with them!.

    So if it's vanity (I want to look better), so be it. If some health benefits come along with it, great

    Haha, it doesn't have to be existential - just something that has meaning to you. And vanity has its place. One of the most clear and compelling reasons I've come across so far was something @SFreed was a little hesitant to share because he thought it was vanity (I really hope he doesn't mind my sharing) - but he just wants to be able to take his shirt off and have people not believe he is as old as he is.

    To me this is powerful because it is simple, clear and it invokes an image we can all feel. I feel it just imagining it.

    The issue is, this is a long road and it will go on foe the rest of your life. You will get to the weight you think you should be at, and you will be thrilled. But then you think you made it and take your foot off the gas and you slide back...which makes a lot of us feel like we failed, or it didn't work, or we just can't do it. And that isn't the case at all. We just have to have clear goals that touch our life and motivate us to keep going.

    I think being able to show your nieces that even though you are older you can excel physically - which should raise their standard of what they think is possible - is hugely motivating.

    Looking good is a fine reason, I just find that when it becomes the by product of a bigger goal, we often see more success over timw.

  12. Not sure how I missed this, so thanks to Jeff for the mention. And just for the record, over thinking is @HIT4ME's super power. It's just what he does!

    And it sounds like you are in the exact same place I was 10 years ago; 45, 250-ish, in horrible shape. So take your current situation, toss in a 25 year pack a day habit, and you got me.

    I don't want to derail a sponsored thread, but shoot me a pm if you are ever looking for advice or the opinion of a Formerly Fat Guy.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  13. And when you get closer, post up some pics in the Nudz thread. Just a thread another good member started to show transformations. Not all of started with the best bodies.

    Nuuudzzz Bank
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  14. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Not sure how I missed this, so thanks to Jeff for the mention. And just for the record, over thinking is @HIT4ME's super power. It's just what he does!

    And it sounds like you are in the exact same place I was 10 years ago; 45, 250-ish, in horrible shape. So take your current situation, toss in a 25 year pack a day habit, and you got me.

    I don't want to derail a sponsored thread, but shoot me a pm if you are ever looking for advice or the opinion of a Formerly Fat Guy.
    Sweet. I have a super power!

  15. Wow...so much attention...where to start???

    First: @SFreed, thanks for joining...and not a sponsored thread...regardless...no worries about "derailing" thread...I'm open to all the advice that's out there.

    @SFreed and @HIT4ME: I agree 100% that I'd like to be more comfortable taking my shirt off...and if the 20 and 30 something ladies said "wow he's 45?", yes, that would be a huge bonus!

    I hope this will go on for the rest of my life!

    My tentative plan was to use my "after" picture from this "cycle" as the before picture for my next...(hope that makes sense).

  16. Update:

    Morning cardio today: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill

    Had some work-related things to do late morning...

    got home, weighed myself...scale is definitely below 240...maybe 238?

  17. Cardio is definitely your friend when it comes to weight loss. There are those who make arguments for either Low Impact Steady State (LISS) or High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I think for you at this point, pick something you like and do it. I got pretty big into trail running, which is kind of HIITish,depending on the trail. Got a little carried away with the running and went from 250 down to 170 at my lightest. I was in great shape, probably the healthiest I had been in many years, but I had a runners body. What @hairygrandpa likes to call "sporty". Watch your diet, keep on the cardio and weight training and you can't help but lose weight! You got this!!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  18. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Cardio is definitely your friend when it comes to weight loss. There are those who make arguments for either Low Impact Steady State (LISS) or High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I think for you at this point, pick something you like and do it. I got pretty big into trail running, which is kind of HIITish,depending on the trail. Got a little carried away with the running and went from 250 down to 170 at my lightest. I was in great shape, probably the healthiest I had been in many years, but I had a runners body. What @hairygrandpa likes to call "sporty". Watch your diet, keep on the cardio and weight training and you can't help but lose weight! You got this!!
    Judging by your last pic in the "Nuuudzzz Bank", you got from "sporty" to "beefy"!

    Will follow @Lendo 's log, hopefully it isn't a short ride. I do not agree with him, that he holds back posting before pics. Part of the commitment is to have the balls putting a pic up every month or two. After the first pic, all can see if progress was made, awarding you with acknowledgment -or punishing you with memes, if you lied to yourself (and us).

    Look at my chubby self from 2 years ago, LOL We all had to start at some point.

    Name:  2 years.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  97.5 KB

    I have definitely no runners body like @SFreed . Even though I like his sporty look, I would prefer sticking my junk into a meat grinder before doing much cardio.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  19. Do we need to get more people in here? Is that what we need to keep you going @Lendo?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    And when you get closer, post up some pics in the Nudz thread. Just a thread another good member started to show transformations. Not all of started with the best bodies.

    Nuuudzzz Bank
    Could atleast have thrown my name out there @SFreed but it's all good cause I'm here now

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Could atleast have thrown my name out there @SFreed but it's all good cause I'm here now
    I didn't want to scare him off.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Wow...so much attention...where to start???

    First: @SFreed, thanks for joining...and not a sponsored thread...regardless...no worries about "derailing" thread...I'm open to all the advice that's out there.

    @SFreed and @HIT4ME: I agree 100% that I'd like to be more comfortable taking my shirt off...and if the 20 and 30 something ladies said "wow he's 45?", yes, that would be a huge bonus!

    I hope this will go on for the rest of my life!

    My tentative plan was to use my "after" picture from this "cycle" as the before picture for my next...(hope that makes sense).
    Afraid to put up before photos, eh? hmmmm.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Update:

    Morning cardio today: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill

    Had some work-related things to do late morning...

    got home, weighed myself...scale is definitely below 240...maybe 238?
    Nice job on getting down even lower! Keep it up. There will be times where the weight just flies off, and other times where you are doing everything right and the scale doesn't move at all. When those times come, you just have to know whether or not you are doing things the way you planned or if you are "cheating" yourself. If you aren't cheating yourself, then when the scale sticks you will need to have faith in your plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Judging by your last pic in the "Nuuudzzz Bank", you got from "sporty" to "beefy"!

    Will follow @Lendo 's log, hopefully it isn't a short ride. I do not agree with him, that he holds back posting before pics. Part of the commitment is to have the balls putting a pic up every month or two. After the first pic, all can see if progress was made, awarding you with acknowledgment -or punishing you with memes, if you lied to yourself (and us).

    Look at my chubby self from 2 years ago, LOL We all had to start at some point.

    Name:  2 years.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  97.5 KB

    I have definitely no runners body like @SFreed . Even though I like his sporty look, I would prefer sticking my junk into a meat grinder before doing much cardio.
    I agree with Hairygrandpa here. I KNOW it is scary brother. First picks I put up here with no shirt on I think I weighed about 219. I'm only 5'8'' so that's pretty dang fat. What's worse, I had been down to 180 not long before that and bounced back. Granted, I was over 300 at one point...nobody wants to see those photos so it's a good thing I don't have them.

    But there's two sides - on one hand I know putting my photos up here wound up surprising me. I got a TON of support here, and you will too - and having a photo record actually gave me motivation and helped me prove my progress and, I don't know if this is the right way to say it, but to prove to everyone that I deserved the support I was getting? I think, looking back, if I didn't do the first photos I would have really missed out on a lot and may have regretted not doing it.

    On the other hand, went from 290 to 250 and then to 180 without really logging things on here at all. So pictures aren't 100% necessary, but they certainly give you a record that will make you feel proud in the end.

    As @SFreed said - go look at the thread "Nuuudzzz photos" - it's inspiring and we all started off as fat guys (or at least most of us) and we got our photos in there and we are ALL on the same path. One day you may be telling someone new to put up a photo and showing them your progress as an example. You never know who you will be motivating in the future with the choices you make today.

    But, in the end- you do what is right for you and we support it either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Do we need to get more people in here? Is that what we need to keep you going @Lendo?

  23. In theory, yes, the more people following (and commenting) would keep me going...but in reality, I'm going to do what I'm going to do. Just being honest here.

    I'm going to try my best to try my best...but life gets in the way sometimes.

    This cardio/workout regimen is actually one of my better ones in recent years (although not perfect), as far as getting to the gym consistently (when I was in my 20's I would go to the gym almost every day and give 100%)...I'm of the mind that if I'm going to spend money on supps, I should do every possible to get the most out of those supps.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    In theory, yes, the more people following (and commenting) would keep me going...but in reality, I'm going to do what I'm going to do. Just being honest here.

    I'm going to try my best to try my best...but life gets in the way sometimes.

    This cardio/workout regimen is actually one of my better ones in recent years (although not perfect), as far as getting to the gym consistently (when I was in my 20's I would go to the gym almost every day and give 100%)...I'm of the mind that if I'm going to spend money on supps, I should do every possible to get the most out of those supps.
    You did not address the thing with "before pics". Don't chicken out, bro!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  25. Here to support, help, provide further insight from a former fatty.....

    I’ve a picture in the nudez bank bro. Dropped 140lbs a few years back.

    I also started a thread in the general chat about why we do this Fitness thing. I started my journey for health and family reasons (got two young kids) but if I’m honest I do what I do now (I.e prioritise nutrition and Fitness above anything outside of family) to look good naked.

    Goals can change, getting to a healthy weight is very achievable, looking good (like head turning body) is much harder in my experience - key is that the journey is your lifestyle. Not a temporary thing but just the way you live (and it’s not a boring or bad lifestyle bro).

    The guys have said everything above, I agree with it as well......keep pushing man
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Packers gets Veinquished by vein nutrition sponsored log!!!
    By packers6211 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 11:28 AM
  2. Primeval Labs Orbit Nutrition Sale
    By primevalceo in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 04:17 AM
  3. 20% off Primeval Labs
    By Orbit in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 06:33 PM
  4. 20% OFF PRIMEVAL LABS
    By _Nutriverse in forum Supplement Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 05:28 PM
  5. Black lab igf from complete nutrition
    By jayroc62194 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Log in
Log in