Stuck at 225. Added cardio and still stuck at 225. Need advice.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I am recovering from a sinus procedure so I can actually breather properly. I haven't been able to breathe properly in 2 years because of sinus issues. I have a bottle of ostarine and GW here in cap form that are mixed together. I will not take them until I am breathing properly and get my testosterone tested to get a new baseline. Anyway, I lost 20 pounds at about 1,700-1,800 calories, then I stopped loosing weight at 225. I tried adding in cardio and doing the same amount of calories and even increasing them some to 1,900-2,000. I've been walking about an hour a day and I'm still stuck at 225. I cannot do HIIT right now because of my breathing issues. What should I do and is there something I can take to accelerate fat loss that will not cause body temp to increase, or cause GERD? I have high blood pressure at the moment due to my breathing being ****. I'm talking 138/87. A few months ago before my allergies got worse, my bp was about 120/70 and I weighed more.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Sounds like your cortisol levels are ****ed from serms or use of other things, get it checked it’s cheap.

ECC

ECC

Awards
How much cardio are you doing? 1 hour a day of walking, but how many times a week?
How long did you diet on 1,700-1,800 calories? How often do you have re-feeds/cheat meal?

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Plus 1800 cals is way too low at 225 it won’t do anything but burn muscle

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like your cortisol levels are ****ed from serms or use of other things, get it checked it’s cheap.
Haven't done any SARMS, or SERMS yet. I'm waiting to do my first cycle ever.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much cardio are you doing? 1 hour a day of walking, but how many times a week?
How long did you diet on 1,700-1,800 calories? How often do you have re-feeds/cheat meal?
I haven't been doing re-feed/cheat. I was only 1,700 for about I'd say 4 or 5 months. I had GERD surgery and just stuck to 1,700, also because it was hard to eat for about 2 months. Also, I know my cortisol is super high because I can't really sleep great at the moment.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
IMG_0980.jpg

Try this bud, train 6 days a week with 6-8 rep range with 3 sets and a 12-15 rep range with 4 sets for your workouts and do 30 minutes of LISS cardio 4 days a week. I’m 6 weeks in and I’m 23 pounds down. Started at 210 now 180 10% thank me later

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Meal 3 before workout/ shake and meal 4 immediately after.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, but I can't really lift for a few more weeks due to the procedure and my BP being so high. What can I do until then?

ECC

ECC

Awards
I didn’t see this before I posted.
Spot on with my thoughts

Regardless of serms/sarms
When we diet, train, cardio on top of the other daily stresses of life recovery can be compromised. Try looking into more active ways to recover your symphatic nervous system..... more sleep! Yoga, long stretching sessions, massage, etc.

Once you

ECC

ECC

Awards
I haven't been doing re-feed/cheat. I was only 1,700 for about I'd say 4 or 5 months. I had GERD surgery and just stuck to 1,700, also because it was hard to eat for about 2 months. Also, I know my cortisol is super high because I can't really sleep great at the moment.
Once you’ve gotten better recovery, I’d look into a more efficient way of tracking cardio. Don’t just go for a walk. Go out to burn 300 calories 4x per week. Then progress that as necessary to create the adaptation you’re looking for. As the other poster mentioned. I wouldn’t touch calories, at least not to drop them any further.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once you’ve gotten better recovery, I’d look into a more efficient way of tracking cardio. Don’t just go for a walk. Go out to burn 300 calories 4x per week. Then progress that as necessary to create the adaptation you’re looking for. As the other poster mentioned. I wouldn’t touch calories, at least not to drop them any further.
Is 1,900-2,000 okay at the moment? I basically sleep all the time now since I really don't get real rest. It really sucks because I wanted to loose all the fat and once I recover focus on muscle growth, but I guess that won't happen, unless there is a way using SARMS to loos fat and gain muscle and strength at the same time.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Is 1,900-2,000 okay at the moment? I basically sleep all the time now since I really don't get real rest. It really sucks because I wanted to loose all the fat and once I recover focus on muscle growth, but I guess that won't happen, unless there is a way using SARMS to loos fat and gain muscle and strength at the same time.
Dude it sounds like your hormones are out of wack to be honest. Have you messed with any anabolics?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude it sounds like your hormones are out of wack to be honest. Have you messed with any anabolics?
No. They're out of wack from 2 years of dealing with breathing issues due to enlarged turbinates, making sleep apnea worse.

ECC

ECC

Awards
Where your calories are at is really relative to a ton of different variables. The one thing to consider is how far exactly you have to go in terms of fat loss, and how many drops in calories might be necessary to get to that end goal.... does that make sense?
If someone 225 starts their diet at 2,000 kcal’s bs let’s say 2,500 kcal’s, they simply have less adjustments they can make to keep results coming. Remember the bodies goal on a daily basis is to survive....adapt and survive. Once you take calories away or increase expenditure it will find away to survive on that (hopefully the adaptation to lower calories is fat-loss) but once the body adapts you have to be ready to make a change

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
My advice use private med labs and get a full panel blood work done of EVERYTHING, see where you’re ****ed up and come back I’ll fix it

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where your calories are at is really relative to a ton of different variables. The one thing to consider is how far exactly you have to go in terms of fat loss, and how many drops in calories might be necessary to get to that end goal.... does that make sense?
If someone 225 starts their diet at 2,000 kcal’s bs let’s say 2,500 kcal’s, they simply have less adjustments they can make to keep results coming. Remember the bodies goal on a daily basis is to survive....adapt and survive. Once you take calories away or increase expenditure it will find away to survive on that (hopefully the adaptation to lower calories is fat-loss) but once the body adapts you have to be ready to make a change
That's why I've started to add calories and add cardio. I figure if I add in calories and add cardio to compensate, then it would help my body loose weight. I mean I'll walk 2 hours a day and bump calories to 2,300 if that'll help. Maybe I should bump them up that much. I seem to stay more consistently around 225 once I upped calories and started doing cardio. Before at 1,700-1,800, my weight would fluctuate from 225-228. Now it seems to just stay around 225-226, if that tells you anything.

ECC

ECC

Awards
That's why I've started to add calories and add cardio. I figure if I add in calories and add cardio to compensate, then it would help my body loose weight. I mean I'll walk 2 hours a day and bump calories to 2,300 if that'll help. Maybe I should bump them up that much. I seem to stay more consistently around 225 once I upped calories and started doing cardio. Before at 1,700-1,800, my weight would fluctuate from 225-228. Now it seems to just stay around 225-226, if that tells you anything.
Look at the intensity of your training first and foremost. Remember the idea is to limit stress. If I have a client with any sort of metabolic adaptation the most cardio I’ll give is HIIT a few times a week. Understanding that’s not doable for you right now I’d simply look at how progressive your workouts are. I’d most likely look to
Limit exercises/sets/even reps, but I’d like to see intensity and progression a priority. Walks are a great way to allow to body to recover, especially in a low caloric state, but not the most effective form of cardio for fat-loss

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the lack of weight training is really hindering you here. If your body is only having to deal with daily walking then it will feel no need to hold on to muscle. Maybe try some light dumbell work. So we are not talking about intense rectum prolapsing blood coming out of your nose type stuff but even a couple of tri sets three days a week of overhead press/dumbell flies lying on the floor/bicep curls then walking lunges/dumbell squats/bent over rows. Can make the world of difference. Just start at 20 pounders and if you haven't been lifting at all you will probably feel sore the next day and flick a switch in your body to start trying to maintain muscle. Keep doing the walking too and make sure plenty of your 1800 cals is protein.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that amount of calories is too low for your body weight. Have you calculated your TDEE? Second, how long have you been at that amount of calories? If it has been 2 or more months, you probably need a refeed. A refeed can really help one that has been in a deficit for a low period of time. Here are some good articles.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/refeed/
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-smart-dieters-guide-to-cheat-meals

You may want to look into cheat meals too, but I personally like refeed days

https://thibarmy.com/the-cheating-manifesto/

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
Have you considered fasting? It will lower your bp, cause your cortisol levels to stabilize, and allow your body to switch to burning fat as fuel. There have been multiple studies using DEXA scans that prove that there is no lean muscle mass lost during extend fasting.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I think that amount of calories is too low for your body weight. Have you calculated your TDEE? Second, how long have you been at that amount of calories? If it has been 2 or more months, you probably need a refeed. A refeed can really help one that has been in a deficit for a low period of time. Here are some good articles.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/refeed/
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-smart-dieters-guide-to-cheat-meals

You may want to look into cheat meals too, but I personally like refeed days

https://thibarmy.com/the-cheating-manifesto/
Every 2 weeks or 10 days, I have a huge cheat day with desserts, unhealthy food, etc. the funny part is I don’t even feel like I am able to eat that much, but I eat probably around 3000-3500 calories. It gets me by and my water retention goes away a day or two later if I even had any.

saylee

saylee

Awards
at 225, I would estimate your BMR to be at 2250 calories.

You're increasing caloric expenditure by weight resistance and further increasing it by cardio. From how i'm looking at it, your metabolism is already taxed from you losing that 20 pounds.

You might benefit from taking a diet break for about a week to two weeks. Continue lifting, focus on lifting heavier, slowly decrease cardio. Yes, your weight may increase but it shouldn't be much, plus all of this may be a benefit in restoring metabolic function, and hormonal suppression, and to also restore glycogen levels because you may be depleted.

I hope this helps.

I wouldn't advise cutting calories lower, because the metabolism will fight back even harder than it is trying to.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
at 225, I would estimate your BMR to be at 2250 calories.

You're increasing caloric expenditure by weight resistance and further increasing it by cardio. From how i'm looking at it, your metabolism is already taxed from you losing that 20 pounds.

You might benefit from taking a diet break for about a week to two weeks. Continue lifting, focus on lifting heavier, slowly decrease cardio. Yes, your weight may increase but it shouldn't be much, plus all of this may be a benefit in restoring metabolic function, and hormonal suppression, and to also restore glycogen levels because you may be depleted.

I hope this helps.

I wouldn't advise cutting calories lower, because the metabolism will fight back even harder than it is trying to.
Thanks. I've started eating 2,300 calories and feel better and weight slightly more. I tried to bench the other day and felt my surgical sight get sore, so I am holding off on lifting for a few more weeks, but have been walking. Also, my breathing is improving, but very slowly. I hope it becomes optimal soon.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I've started eating 2,300 calories and feel better and weight slightly more. I tried to bench the other day and felt my surgical sight get sore, so I am holding off on lifting for a few more weeks, but have been walking. Also, my breathing is improving, but very slowly. I hope it becomes optimal soon.
Do you do cheat days on your diet at all or were you at that same deficit/caloric intake for a long time straight?

I continue to lose weight at very small calories because one day a week I blast myself with all the food I can imagine and try to get a bunch of rest and relaxation that day. I also take the ECA stack regularly when cutting and make sure I can budget in snacking on things such as cheerios by the handful and grapes WHENEVER I want. I haven't had too much trouble, and i've cut all the way from 186 to say, 162-163 now! That is on a 1000-2000 deficit even. I believe the cheat days and trying to regulate my metabolism along as get adequate fiber and nutrition helps keep me elevated! I also take testosterone at TRT dose though so maybe that is my reason? Either way it has always worked for me! Good luck.

My cheat day idea is in line with Saylee's diet break above and what you seem to be doing, however it fits it into your diet once a week rather than having to stop for a few weeks at a time, etc. Give it a shot next time.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you do cheat days on your diet at all or were you at that same deficit/caloric intake for a long time straight?

I continue to lose weight at very small calories because one day a week I blast myself with all the food I can imagine and try to get a bunch of rest and relaxation that day. I also take the ECA stack regularly when cutting and make sure I can budget in snacking on things such as cheerios by the handful and grapes WHENEVER I want. I haven't had too much trouble, and i've cut all the way from 186 to say, 162-163 now! That is on a 1000-2000 deficit even. I believe the cheat days and trying to regulate my metabolism along as get adequate fiber and nutrition helps keep me elevated! I also take testosterone at TRT dose though so maybe that is my reason? Either way it has always worked for me! Good luck.

My cheat day idea is in line with Saylee's diet break above and what you seem to be doing, however it fits it into your diet once a week rather than having to stop for a few weeks at a time, etc. Give it a shot next time.
Well, once I'm breathing better if my test is still below 500, I'm going to get on TRT.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome idea. I went on in the 400s
I just hope I have enough money being a college student. I heard of a place online that only charges $114 a month and that is doable. I just get really paranoid since I have anxiety. I think stuff like "well if I'm dependent on it, what if my shipment gets lost in the mail, or the mail is delayed due to snow." I'd have to go with an online company, because every TRT doc in my state is either at the complete other end of the state, too expensive, or both. I thought of Clomid for long term use too, but I don't know if that's safe. My test has floated in the high 400s for the last two years, but the last two years is when my breathing issues started.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I just hope I have enough money being a college student. I heard of a place online that only charges $114 a month and that is doable. I just get really paranoid since I have anxiety. I think stuff like "well if I'm dependent on it, what if my shipment gets lost in the mail, or the mail is delayed due to snow." I'd have to go with an online company, because every TRT doc in my state is either at the complete other end of the state, too expensive, or both. I thought of Clomid for long term use too, but I don't know if that's safe. My test has floated in the high 400s for the last two years, but the last two years is when my breathing issues started.
I pay around $95-100 per month so yeah that isn’t too far off. Did you ever meet in person with them??

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I pay around $95-100 per month so yeah that isn’t too far off. Did you ever meet in person with them??
Nope, just heard of a program through this forum. I've met idiot doctors locally. One doctor told me testosterone in the 400 range is fine and there is no need to test estrogen. The only TRT doctor's office I talked to want $1,000 a month for treatment and offered pellets.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Nope, just heard of a program through this forum. I've met idiot doctors locally. One doctor told me testosterone in the 400 range is fine and there is no need to test estrogen. The only TRT doctor's office I talked to want $1,000 a month for treatment and offered pellets.
I am totally ready to get flamed for this, but I need to say it:
Maybe 400’s isn’t optimal from your perspective, but it is clinically fine. You aren’t going to die from (in your option) suboptimal testosterone and, even if it is below range, it’s just a number.
Rather than spend $1400 a year chasing that number, focus on doing what you can do naturally to get your body and mind right.
I’d venture a highly educated (by personal experience) guess that losing some fat and-more importantly-getting your anxiety under control will fix your T numbers far more effectively and cheaply than TRT you don’t really need.
Of course, you won’t take this advice. Every single thread I have seen you post has been replete with all of the excuses you make-your living situation, your flat feet, your breathing, your finances (and yet you want to waste $ on TRT ?), the list goes on.
I know I am coming off like a d!ck, but so be it. Hopefully something sinks in

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe 400’s isn’t optimal from your perspective, but it is clinically fine. You aren’t going to die from (in your option) suboptimal testosterone and, even if it is below range, it’s just a number.
Rather than spend $1400 a year chasing that number, focus on doing what you can do naturally to get your body and mind right.
I’d venture a highly educated (by personal experience) guess that losing some fat and-more importantly-getting your anxiety under control will fix your T numbers far more effectively and cheaply than TRT you don’t really need.
Of course, you won’t take this advice. Every single thread I have seen you post has been replete with all of the excuses you make-your living situation, your flat feet, your breathing, your finances (and yet you want to waste $ on TRT ?), the list goes on.
Go back up and read what I said. "Well, once I'm breathing better if my test is still below 500, I'm going to get on TRT." <<<Also, how the hell is flat feet and GERD to the point where the doctors told me I was severe enough to develop cancer "making excuses"? Furthermore, 400-500 is ****. You know it's **** and I know it's ****. In terms of spending money on TRT that I "don't need". We don't know if I don't need it yet. Again, go back to my one statement. Also, there have been about 5 guys in this thread basically tell me they think my hormones are messed up and you and I both know test levels have a strong correlation with bodyfat. Also low testosterone CAN cause anxiety. TRT is a last resort, but I'm not taking it off the table. I'm also not going to get on it before I'm breathing better and get blood work done. That being stated, if my levels are still below 500, while approaching 30, I might as well get on it sooner rather than later since I'll obviously have to definitely get on it in a few years. Why wait and feel like ****? Again, that's only after getting blood work done and trying to raise it naturally.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
you aren’t coming off as a dick, more as ignorant to the situation rather.

My life is completely different from when I had 400 test and medicines and natural stuff was NOT working, my body was at its max production. I’d rather spend $1000 to feel how I could best describe it as “normal” now.

For reference, what is your story and what are your test levels?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established

My life is completely different from when I had 400 test and medicines and natural stuff was NOT working, my body was at its max production. I’d rather spend $1000 to feel how I could best describe it as “normal” now.

466 because I spent my twenties working myself into the ground and jacked up my HPTA while nearly working myself (literally) to death.
I had my share of problems coming out of that but there wasn’t a pill or treatment (I weighed 108 at 6’4” when I was 25 for perspective) that could do what simply nutting up and working on my issues and my body naturally did.
Funny thing is though, I don’t let a biometric number tell me how happy I can be in life.
I am incredibly satisfied with my life now (at 37) and (if you can’t tell) a bit fed up with guys who seek happiness in an injection or let their T numbers tell them how much of a man they are

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established

And call it my ignorance, but two things:
The OP (from his other posts) doesn’t have $ to waste on “feeling good”
And in my situation, I feel pretty damn good and it would be selfish to take $ away from the family that I need to provide for (as a man)

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And call it my ignorance, but two things:
The OP (from his other posts) doesn’t have $ to waste on “feeling good”
And in my situation, I feel pretty damn good and it would be selfish to take $ away from the family that I need to provide for (as a man)
If you want to live at 466 and have the health risks related to that, that's on you; however that's your decision and a lot of guys feel differently. By your logic people with clinical depression shouldn't spend money, or seek help just to "feel good". Plus low testosterone is shown to cause depression, among other health issues.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: I can now breathe, or at least breathe I'd say 90% optimally. The only issue I have and might have from now on is nose dryness, but that was always a risk with the procedure. Aside from that, I can breathe well enough now to start doing some real exercises and cardio work. I've been doing some moderate cardio, basically jogging 30 minutes. I am thinking of doing HIIT and also starting to do squats and deadlifts again, but I'm not sure how I'd balance all three.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
If you want to live at 466 and have the health risks related to that, that's on you; however that's your decision and a lot of guys feel differently. By your logic people with clinical depression shouldn't spend money, or seek help just to "feel good". Plus low testosterone is shown to cause depression, among other health issues.
Which I don’t have-I’ve handled any psychological issues I have had by dealing with my problems and I feel pretty damn good. And as a nationally elite half marathon runner, I think the “health risks” you speak of might be overblown by guys (like you) who want to let a number define their health (and perhaps self worth).
Again-I really don’t the no chasing a number will give you the happiness you seek, but more power to you if you want to chase it

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would bump calories back up to around maintenance or slightly more of a surplus for a couple weeks. I find that if i diet too hard i can actually climb in weight? Your body is very smart and adapts whenever it feels like your starting to starve yourself. If you do go for more calories for a couple weeks then stay off the scales those things are a mind f*ck. Your weight fluctuates with water all the time. I try use progress pictures and just the mirror. The scales can play tricks on your mind. I know we ALL want to get the fat off as quickly as possible but its not sustainable in the long run Awesome for you losing 20 pounds so far though.

But.....

Bump calories back up and get your leptin levels back in range and all your other hormones then hop back into a deficit again but a slow cut. Crash diet's just rebound and usually end in a yoyo dieting with your weight being all over the place.

With cardio... I find LISS is better overall.. Go a walk daily or a slow pace on a treadmill etc I find high intensity cardio for me does cause weight loss but can sacrifice muscle and usually ends up with you hitting a plateau eventually.

Keep us posted. Thanks