Feel like I've tried everything, am I missing something?

  1. Unhappy Feel like I've tried everything, am I missing something?


    Guess I'll just start with the stats. 24 years old, Female, 183cm (a little over 6ft) and currently sitting on 84.5kg (186.3lbs).

    Between 18-21 years old, I fluctuated between 65kg - 70kg (143.3lbs - 154.3lbs). Was fairly active for the most part (Whether it be working, playing sport etc.) One thing I should note, I was smoking marijuana fairly regularly, and I wasnt overly responsible with my eating habits (I either wasnt eating, or eating ****ty food).

    22nd birthday rolls around, and I start to notice a few kilos starting to creep on. So I figure, ****, I better do something about my life, so I hire a Personal Trainer, quit smoking weed, and start getting more proactive about my diet.

    Two years on, I've gained nearly 15kg (33.1lbs) and I only seem to be going up. Heres the time line so far:

    14 months ago: saw my local doctor about my concerns. He sends me off for some blood tests (Thyroid, hormones etc.) all come back normal. So he sends me to a sleep specialist because I had issues sleeping (taking ages to fall asleep, and partner complaining that I snored). Told me sleep apnia may be something I have, which causes weight loss difficulties

    13 months ago: See the sleep specialist, he sends me home with a sleep apnia testing kit thing. Have to wire myself up before I go to bed and it records my sleep. few weeks later I come back in to get the results. Makes a few recommendations about having my tonsils taken out, but said that had nothing to do with my weight loss issues. As for my sleep, he just said Im just naturally a night owl, and while my times may not be socially acceptable, I'm getting my 8 hours of sleep, so theres no concern. Sends me back to the doctor.

    12 months ago: Doctor refers me to a Nutritionist. Se her for a few months. She decides to try me on a 1200 calorie diet (I'm usually on 1500). Honestly feels like I'm starving myself, and I end up gaining more weight than when I first saw her. This goes on for about 6 weeks. End up going back to my dr.

    10 months ago: Doctor refers me to an Encocrinologist. He sends me for another blood test for the usual stuff (Thyroid and hormones again) but also Diabetes and a pee test for cushins. Once again everything comes back normal. So, to try it out he gave me a script for 3 months worth of duromine. I took it for about a month. I had to stop because I couldnt sleep on it. Ended up missing one of my final exams at university because of it. I would take it in the morning when I woke up (about 10am) and like clock work, I'd always get thing shaky speed feeling around 5pm. Still didnt lose any weight, and didnt notice any changes in my appetitie.

    9 months ago: go back to my Dr. and tell him what happened. He pretty much tells me sorry, theres nothing more I can think of, youre just going to have to stick with healthy eating and exercise - which was extremely frustrating to hear because its only what ive been doing for the past year.

    Ended up giving up on seeing my doctor and taking matters into my own hands. 3 months ago, I Took one of those "myDNA" tests to see what diet best suits me based on a cheek swab test. After getting the results, I felt the whole thing was a bit of sham when it told me I had a "lower rate" of storing fat compared to the average person, but had an "extremely high" risk of obesity. It also told me I should be following a "high protein, low fat" diet, but recommended my diet should consist of 55% carbs, 25% protein, and 20% fat. I have since been trying a High protein diet for the past month or so (Not following the recommendation of myDNA) to see if that harvests any results. So far nothing to report.

    A few weeks ago I also started taking Clenburterol (A few friends of mine recommended it to me - a body builder and a girlfriend whos a chem major). I started on 20mg a day and have been upping my dose by 20mg every 2 weeks (I'm half way through my 40mg cycle) I take it when I wake up in the morning. I'll get the shakes and some fidgety behaviour a few hours after for like 5-10 minutes then it just goes away. I started at 84.3kg on monday, wednesday 82.7kg then friday, 84.5kg.

    I'm honestly starting to lose hope in all of this. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I havent tried yet? Ive been seeing a Personal Trainer 3 times a week for the past 2 years, and still nothing. Is there anything else some can recommend? I've honestly been thinking about just getting liposuction to deal with the issue, but there would really be no point in doing it, if its just going to come back after a few months.


  2. I would highly recommend getting some blood tests online from places like private MD labs and other such sites. Then do your own research or come back on here with your results and you may find that what your doctor says is normal for thyroid is actually the beginning stages of hypothyroidism. Doctors use these numbers and reference ranges as a basic guide for everyone when every person is different so unless your doctor knows you extremely well and, I repeat and, it is one of those Docs that will look at things a little bit differently then he's just going to go by the Numbers he learned in school and if nothing is beyond the quote bad point then he's not going to do anything about it even though you may be starting to have hypothyroidism. Also I would say try a Mediterranean diet and if you really want to lose weight diet-wise I would recommend eating six to eight times a day with small meals. A meal could literally consist of a cup of regular Greek yogurt. Another meal could be an apple and 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter. And so on. As for the Clen oh, I feel that stuff is very unhealthy and we know it's not good for cardiac tissue so although you may not have issues now or within the next five to 10 years it could haunt you later on in life so I would suggest tapering down off of the Clen and if you do choose to keep using it you can keep your dosages lower by taking Benadryl at night to help you sleep which also cleanses The receptors that Clen uses. One thing I would add to your daily regime would be acetyl-l-carnitine. It helps mobilize fat cells to be used for energy. Google life extension L-Carnitine and you will see an article from Life Extension magazine about L-Carnitine restores cellular function. That article has tons of great information about all the different types of L-Carnitine and how they work and how do utilize them.
    •   
       


  3. You can p.m. me anytime and I am happy to help in any way I can. I have helped several people who were four more overweight than you lose weight and am working with a six foot seven 400 lb man right now. Please don't give up even though I know it seems like you've tried everything, there is so much more that is out there to help you. And so many people out there willing to help you. I am one of them and like I said you are welcome to message me anytime and I will give you my email so that we can talk personally on a regular basis and chart your progress :-). You will do just fine and to be honest even at 6 foot 180 you're not that big. A girl I used to see you regularly was not nearly as tall as you and 175 and she didn't look fat or anything like that she carried it very well and I'm sure you don't look like a big bloated mess. You just wish you could be the way you were just like I wish I could be the way I was. A big thing that helped me get on my way was finding a doctor that looked at my thyroid and so my TSH was extremely high and actually caused a few minor strokes and now has been put on Levothyroxine 150 microgram per day and stepping up to 200 soon. That has made a world of difference in my energy, sleep patterns and even my mood. New endocrine articles are stating that the pituitary is not the master gland but rather the thyroid and working in close proximity with the pituitary. Also you may want to get your test and estrogen checked because estrogen is where aromatisse lives and the more aromatisse you have the more estrogen you have so it's a vicious circle and you will put on weight if you're estrogen is too high. In women that is much harder to diagnose but an over-the-counter supplements to lower some estrogen probably wouldn't hurt. You could start with grape seed extract or dim or both. Grape seed extract in the right dosages works as well as some of the prescription estrogen blockers so there are many many many things at play here and you are far from screwed and have definitely not tried everything yet. This is a wonderful source of information but there are also other places as well. You just have to keep fighting the good fight and keep up a good mentality. But one thing I know that we will definitely help energy levels and help you burn a little excess fat over time is acetyl L-Carnitine. I love that stuff and once you get accustomed to it you can ramp up the dosage up. It has a nice nootropic Effect 2 so it will help you remember things and have a sharp brain. I hope you contact me because I hate people think they're at the end of the road when there is so much more to explore.

    Best of luck and much love,
    -Chem

  4. Pyretic by primeval labs is a decent fat loss product imo. Will make hot as fk tho.
    Also I think another is Evo muse supernova? Not sure about that.
    But I do believe in all the ingredients in pyretic. One of which is acetyl-l-carnitine aka alcar. Alcar is cheap on its own and I can find at Walmart here in the states so maybe u can find in a big chain retailer.

    Also, make sure to drink 3liters of water a day. It will help keep you less hungry and increase metabolism.

    One thing I Totally forgot is nascent iodine! That paired with alcar would be great. Nascent iodine helps thyroid produce more of its Hormones naturally.

    Start with 3L of water per day, 1g/1,000mg of alcar 2-3x per day, nascent iodine m/w/f.
    I prefer "detoxadine" brand nascent iodine. Just don't try and use the stuff for wounds orally, bad bad bad.

    Also, a great way to cut out food but give your body what it needs is Fairlife milk. You drink 16oz of Fairlife and not eat anything and you've gotten all you need for a small meal.
    Just don't take anything I've said the extreme. It will take time (last thing you want to hear it know) but it Will happen if you work with me and others like me.

    Amd if you exercise posting your workout routine may help us as well. If not, no worries. We'll figure it out sweetie. Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!

  5. Ps- there is one thing I'd like to speak with you about over private message as it is exactly that, private. Take care. I know if you keep your head up you'll do just fine.

    Also, because of the attitude I'm sensing I'm guessing your cortisol levels are probably elevated and possibly under a lot of stress due to school and who knows what else. Elevated cortisol will increase your body's ability to put on adipose tissue. So a supplement like ashwagandha or Rhodiola or maral root may very well help. I prefer rhodiola for fat loss and maral for general stamina and ashwagandha for test boost (while all of them help with cortisol and stamina.)
    •   
       


  6. From another thread posted by a female-
    I swear by the ECA stack, Iíve been stacking it with green tea and CLA. Iím planning to add another non stimulate fat burner this weekend.

    Eca has been used for a long time with great success and better for you than clen imo. Green tea extract is awesome, egcg is what it's called and is Great. Olympus labs makes a topical product called ep1c amd I feel it pairs Perfectly* with alcar (acetyl-l-carnitine). I would start with alcar, egcg amd nascent iodine along with small meals broken up every few hours and high protien diet (65% protein/15-20% carbs/15-20% fats). Hope any of my many crazy posts have helped.

  7. Eat 1700, do cardio to burn 500-600 at moderate pase, and work out your full body each week. Just stick to it. It will feel bad and as u are starving, I'm cutting now and it is hard!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Firreozkan View Post
    Eat 1700, do cardio to burn 500-600 at moderate pase, and work out your full body each week. Just stick to it. It will feel bad and as u are starving, I'm cutting now and it is hard!
    Agreed. You need to watch your calorie intake. Lift weights 4/5 days a week and do cardio the other days. Maintain a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

  9. I don't wanna offend you because I know how much it takes to really get an idea of how things work. People just telling you do this do that and they leave you out there alone trying to figure out what to eat. To me it looks like you're trying to find some reason to why it doesn't work and you're missing the whole point. You have to measure your food and you want to eat clean food. You say you get hungry well it's because you really are starving yourself. You can eat 100gr of rice with vegetables and chicken and have the same calorie amount as a chocolate bar. Of course you will feel less hungry with the former one. It's important you don't give up because the weight doesn't fly away, just because you gain 2 lbs doesn't mean it's fat. It can be water retention or a full stomach. Don't weigh yourself every day, weigh yourself every week. What I'm saying is that you are clearly eating too much calories, this doesn't mean you're eating too much food and there's a difference. I have a friend in your shoes and he's quite big, he always tells me I can eat what I want but the truth is I'm just eating more food but not more calories.

    Besides the obvious , no fast sugar/less carbs in general I recommend you to recount the calories you're eating and stick with 1500 calories because I can't imagine that you don't loose weight on that if you're actually healthy. My friend has lost about 8 pounds a month and he thinks that's little but even 4 pounds a month would be 48 pounds a year so don't underestimate the small steps because they will end up being big. And stay away from clen because you're not gonna drop an insane amount of weight from that and also it's dangerous. It burns fat and its used for people who's already lean to get that little extra, not to loose 30 pounds.

  10. Use free online tools to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your current body weight. Use an app like MyFitnessPal or FatSecret and count your calories/macros and consume less calories than your maintenance amount. Walk for an hour every day that you can and do weight training 4-5 times per week so you hit each muscle group at least once. You get the diet and exercise right, you will lose weight. Then on top of that, you can look into fat burners and appetite suppressants to help. You shouldn't need clenbuterol just to not gain weight. That's not right. If you're taking 150 calories under maintenance and you're not losing weight, shave 100 more calories off. Then if another week goes by and you're not losing weight, shave more. Physiologically, something eventually has to give.

    Also, as a personal rule of thumb. You can weigh yourself every day, but only officially count the weigh-in once per week. If you weigh yourself Monday morning, keep everything the same until the next Monday. If you keep changing things and bailing on things after a couple days, you won't know what is working. I gain weight two days in a row and then drop three pounds the next day all of the time.
    "They say the meek will inherit the Earth,
    But the ground theyíve left us is barren cold."

  11. sorry if i missed it but id you mention what your macros look like today? beyond your macros what does your activity level/workout schedule look like? i know you mentioned some rough percentages but what do those things actually break down to for you in calories or actual grams.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by edsd View Post
    sorry if i missed it but id you mention what your macros look like today? beyond your macros what does your activity level/workout schedule look like? i know you mentioned some rough percentages but what do those things actually break down to for you in calories or actual grams.
    Were you asking me ? Ill answer anyways just in case.. I don't use macros cause I kinda know why to eat by now. I go high carb ,high protein and low fat.

    Not sure you're aware of this but if you look up macros for diets and choose what seems the best for you there's a simple way of counting.

    1gr of protein =4 calories, 1gr of carbs =4 calories and 1gr of fat equals 9 calories always no matter where you get the food from.

    Try go a little power on carbs for your diet and raise the protein.

    Eat eggs, chicken,Turkey,tuna ,pork,beef as long as it's low on fat


    Carbs, sweet potato, potato (yes sweet potato isn't really a potato) oats, Brown rice

    Use something like olive oil or nuts to get some fat.


    Don't look at the scale every day, you can go up in waterweight and actually loose fat. Use the scale once a week and don't give up cause nothing will change over night.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Were you asking me ? Ill answer anyways just in case.. I don't use macros cause I kinda know why to eat by now. I go high carb ,high protein and low fat.

    Not sure you're aware of this but if you look up macros for diets and choose what seems the best for you there's a simple way of counting.

    1gr of protein =4 calories, 1gr of carbs =4 calories and 1gr of fat equals 9 calories always no matter where you get the food from.

    Try go a little power on carbs for your diet and raise the protein.

    Eat eggs, chicken,Turkey,tuna ,pork,beef as long as it's low on fat


    Carbs, sweet potato, potato (yes sweet potato isn't really a potato) oats, Brown rice

    Use something like olive oil or nuts to get some fat.


    Don't look at the scale every day, you can go up in waterweight and actually loose fat. Use the scale once a week and don't give up cause nothing will change over night.
    sorry no i was asking OP. I've found people often times over estimate the amount of effort they are putting in when working out and eat far too much or just in general. people work or live sedentary lives but work out for 30/45minutes 4/5 times a week and start to think they need to eat like a pro bodybuilder. I'm all for people not starving themselves but there is something to be said for sometimes you are starving because you are just so used to eating so many calories.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by edsd View Post
    sorry no i was asking OP. I've found people often times over estimate the amount of effort they are putting in when working out and eat far too much or just in general. people work or live sedentary lives but work out for 30/45minutes 4/5 times a week and start to think they need to eat like a pro bodybuilder. I'm all for people not starving themselves but there is something to be said for sometimes you are starving because you are just so used to eating so many calories.


    Well I like to look at it this way. I am much smaller than my friend and I eat much more than him. He just eats more calories , it's important to understand how much rice you can eat with so little calories and feel full in your stomach compared to let's say eating less but eating a bag of chips two times a week with maybe 2000 calories each bag , or having a pizza ones a week. It really makes a huge difference when one meal with empty calories gives you a whole days normal intake.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by edsd View Post
    sorry no i was asking OP. I've found people often times over estimate the amount of effort they are putting in when working out and eat far too much or just in general. people work or live sedentary lives but work out for 30/45minutes 4/5 times a week and start to think they need to eat like a pro bodybuilder. I'm all for people not starving themselves but there is something to be said for sometimes you are starving because you are just so used to eating so many calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Well I like to look at it this way. I am much smaller than my friend and I eat much more than him. He just eats more calories , it's important to understand how much rice you can eat with so little calories and feel full in your stomach compared to let's say eating less but eating a bag of chips two times a week with maybe 2000 calories each bag , or having a pizza ones a week. It really makes a huge difference when one meal with empty calories gives you a whole days normal intake.
    This is good advice. You need 3 things in order to lose weight: A food scale, a notebook and a pencil. Three simple tools, and 99% of people refuse to use them when you tell them how to diet. They think they just need to "eat healthy" and have no idea of what that is or means.

    I wonder if the OP ever came back to this? It kind of strikes me when people are like, "I need help, I have tried EVERYTHING! Give me advice!" - but then don't come back to see the responses or answer questions.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    This is good advice. You need 3 things in order to lose weight: A food scale, a notebook and a pencil. Three simple tools, and 99% of people refuse to use them when you tell them how to diet. They think they just need to "eat healthy" and have no idea of what that is or means.

    I wonder if the OP ever came back to this? It kind of strikes me when people are like, "I need help, I have tried EVERYTHING! Give me advice!" - but then don't come back to see the responses or answer questions.

    Sometimes people want easy answers and while I think what we said is easy it's just hard to start doing what people say. People struggle with weight for a reason

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Sometimes people want easy answers and while I think what we said is easy it's just hard to start doing what people say. People struggle with weight for a reason
    100% true. I am the king of guy who usually believes in a "it's my fault" mentality for myself. But I've learned that it is a mix of things and society is "rigged" for obesity. 90% of the food in our grocery stores is junk, high-calorie, high-sugar and/or corn based. You can't drive down the road for 5 minutes without seeing a sausage, egg and cheese croissant from Dunkin' Donuts or some other fast food chain on a billboard. We sit behind computers all day at work and then go home and watch TV for hours at night. If you don't have a plan for making that hard-to-find real, healthy food every night the easy default is to eat out because you've been working all day and didn't have time and need to eat - so you get a huge 3,000 calorie meal and don't have a clue how it all happened.

    Oh, and if you TRY to lose weight then you have to hear all about how you're getting too thin, losing too much weigh, not eating enough, you're gonna get an eating disorder, etc. Because, you know, eating 6,000 calories a day and being inactive isn't an eating disorder, but eating 1500 calories of chicken and broccoli every day is.

    Yup, there are a bunch of reasons we struggle with weight loss. It's rigged.

  18. Yeah and what's funny is that we know exactly what a cat or a dog needs to eat or we can find out on the internet.. if you look that up for humans it goes from carbs to New diets with fat and back to the old diets again. All we can do is believe the science that is now and look at the amount of calories we eat. It sucks to always forget and have to measure or read the package again but at some point it will be stuck in your head and you can automatically count your whole days intake without reading on a single box. It's really no different from a test in school, put some effort in to it because else you will have to do it again and again.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Yeah and what's funny is that we know exactly what a cat or a dog needs to eat or we can find out on the internet.. if you look that up for humans it goes from carbs to New diets with fat and back to the old diets again. All we can do is believe the science that is now and look at the amount of calories we eat. It sucks to always forget and have to measure or read the package again but at some point it will be stuck in your head and you can automatically count your whole days intake without reading on a single box. It's really no different from a test in school, put some effort in to it because else you will have to do it again and again.
    Haha- I don't usually read labels all that much. When I'm eating well, I generally have a "plan" that I follow. I will sit down and plan out a bunch of meals that fit certain calorie requirements/macros and I just learn those meals and I can swap them in and out as I see fit - but I pretty much always need to measure and weigh.

    For instance:

    2 scoops of whey protein in 1.5 cups almond milk = 285 calories/54 grams of protein/small amount of carbs and some fats.

    8 oz. egg beaters, 2 oz. of fat free cheddar and 2 oz. of chicken = 260 calories/58 grams of protein and a small amount of carbs and fat.

    8 oz. chicken and 2 oz. of fat free cheddar has approx. 290 calories and 66 g protein

    All 3 of these "meals" are pretty much interchangeable...but they always require measurement.

  20. Yeah ita easy when you've done it a few times
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I missing something here?
    By brendan670 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM
  2. Lean Gains seems too esay, am i missing something?
    By huggy77 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 04:21 PM
  3. PCT! Am I missing something?
    By killerkurtz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 06:07 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
  5. pre cycle during cycle supps, am I missing something?
    By DaMainEvent in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Log in
Log in