NTNM - Diet , my un-scientific approach to leanness

Page 43 of 43 First ... 414243

1. Imagine all dudes in the gym would look like frozen in time -not moving much, LOL
    It may have its place, doing it once in a while when hitting a plateau -or just to spurt more growth.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

2. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Imagine all dudes in the gym would look like frozen in time -not moving much, LOL
    It may have its place, doing it once in a while when hitting a plateau -or just to spurt more growth.
    That would be funny. It is definitely good and effective but definitely not fun. Well unless your idea of fun is just anything that is uncomfortable and challenging. Would be good just for a different type of stimulus for sure. Also a great finisher too. Say you do 4 sets of dips regular then in the last set try to make the negative of the last rep last as long as humanly possible. If you have already done 4 sets almost to failure you can pretty much forget about getting a 30 second positive at that point but hopping to the top position and lowering yourself as slow as possible will give you one hell of a surprise.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Imagine all dudes in the gym would look like frozen in time -not moving much, LOL
    I definetly would not want to do this all the time! Although, I'm guessing if I did I'd be strong as h3ll. And wore out.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. Okay, will give it a go. In 30min I'm going to the gym.
    Will use it as a finisher for different exercises, mainly arms and abs.
    Stay tuned.

5. Gym

BW chin ups/pull ups 210lbs
    Chin 16
    Pull 11
    Pull neutral grip 10

1x Super-slow concentric chin up (I made mentally 5 way points where I held for 5 sec. each = total 25 sec to get up)
    -when reaching the top, I was shaking violently, the whole rack vibrated, LOL

Standing one armed Landmine press, low weight, 45lbs plate
    10 sets x10 reps, 10 sec pause between sets.

V-handle triceps push down
    65lbs x 17/17
    110lbs x11/9/7/8

DB hex press inclined
    2x55lbs x12
    2x65lbs x6/7/6

BW triceps extension horizontal bar
    8/8/7/6

Straight bar biceps curls, back against wall
    65lbs 13/12/12/10
    45lbs concentric 4 waypoints of 10 sec. hold = 40sec. total x 2 sets

cable overhead one arm triceps extensions
    27lbs x14/12/8/8/8/7

seated triceps press down
    130lbs slow concentric, 5 waypoints holding 10 sec each x 1 = 50 sec total (was easy)
    210lbs holding 10 sec 5 waypoints holding 10 sec each x1 = 50sec (that one was hard!)

straight bar reverse grip curls super slow, against wall
    45lbs 1 rep = 20 sec/ 10 sec up- 10 down /8 reps/ 6 reps (forearms cramped up badly)

smith drag curls eccentric 5 seconds lowering
    90lbs x5/4/5 (almost cried tears, veins popped out as thick as garden hoses)

machine curls/machine triceps preacher ext.
    4 sets each

Resume:
    Its not as easy to do concentric slowmo movements. You have to find the correct weight -and find a way to hold your posture (against wall), also, without way points almost impossible.
    Will refine certain exercises to get them done as correct as possible in slowmo.
    •   

6. Name:  meal.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  214.6 KB
    My only meal + 50gr whey + 2 apple + some grilled chicken breast

7. Timing was difficult at first but I started using the timer on my phone. Breathing was the next issue I had, and never did seem to get it dialed in. Super slow reps are tough though, aren't they
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

8. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Timing was difficult at first but I started using the timer on my phone. Breathing was the next issue I had, and never did seem to get it dialed in. Super slow reps are tough though, aren't they
    And I needed a mirror to see if one arm lagged behind and everything was straight. I counted the seconds in my head (as good as possible, repressing the urge to go faster at the end, lol)
    My bet is, it will not work with everything, but will work good with body weight exercises. Did not do abs, will do next time.

9. Gramps, I thought of you when I read this...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...jects-11659183

I hope you're doing well.
    That avatar is not me. It's what I imagine as my ideal body.
    Follow my Fat Loss Log For My Final 20 Pounds...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/289941-kaprice-goes-final.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kaprice View Post
    Gramps, I thought of you when I read this...

I saw that article already. No comment on that. It's the Darwin principle in action.

I'm on my way to leanness...slowly I may add. What about you?

11. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I saw that article already. No comment on that. It's the Darwin principle in action.

I'm on my way to leanness...slowly I may add. What about you?
    Good for you! Nah, I'm slowly creeping my way back to fatness.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/289941-kaprice-goes-final.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by Kaprice View Post
    Good for you! Nah, I'm slowly creeping my way back to fatness.
    That is sad -but not unexpected. Will you give it another try?

13. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    That is sad -but not unexpected. Will you give it another try?
    Absolutely. I'm not giving up. Several factors just changed my focus for a bit. And I haven't totally abandoned working out and careful eating. I just haven't been as diligent as before.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Kaprice View Post
    Absolutely. I'm not giving up. Several factors just changed my focus for a bit. And I haven't totally abandoned working out and careful eating. I just haven't been as diligent as before.
    Your caloric needs get lowered while progressing, if no additional muscle mass substitutes lost fat, keep that in mind.

15. Today I was looking at my older logs, to figure out if my past workout regimes yielded more benefits.

Will change to a modified "sheiko" again, meaning: Less exercises -but way more sets per exercise.
    When I started, my volume were ultra high -with less exercises and the results were great!
    My guess is, my body reacts to this better. Will do it for about 2 month to see how it goes.

16. Today was "pinning day". 175mg test/u and 100mg NPP.
    Problem was, both delts are sore from previous injections.
    Butt - is a no go, cant see it well, cant reach it well.
    Chest, Lats, Triceps, Quads? What will it be?

I decided for Quads, even though, in the past I hit constantly either a nerve -or a blood vessel....

First attempt: NERVE ! (God damnit!) I HATE it!
    Second attempt: other leg: NERVE! (WTF???)
    Now I sat there, sweating and shaking... what should I do?

Got for a shot Jim Beam, its weekend and I really needed it.

20min later -and after a second Jim Beam, I opted for the side of my leg (Vastus lateralis), saw a lot of veins under the skin.
    After looking for veins with a potent flashlight, I singled out a promising spot. Everything worked out.
    Damn, I need another pair of delts, LOL.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Kaprice View Post
    Gramps, I thought of you when I read this...

That dude looks like ****.

18. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Today was "pinning day". 175mg test/u and 100mg NPP.
    Problem was, both delts are sore from previous injections.
    Butt - is a no go, cant see it well, cant reach it well.
    Chest, Lats, Triceps, Quads? What will it be?

I decided for Quads, even though, in the past I hit constantly either a nerve -or a blood vessel....

First attempt: NERVE ! (God damnit!) I HATE it!
    Second attempt: other leg: NERVE! (WTF???)
    Now I sat there, sweating and shaking... what should I do?

Got for a shot Jim Beam, its weekend and I really needed it.

20min later -and after a second Jim Beam, I opted for the side of my leg (Vastus lateralis), saw a lot of veins under the skin.
    After looking for veins with a potent flashlight, I singled out a promising spot. Everything worked out.
    Damn, I need another pair of delts, LOL.
    How did you hit a nerve? Isn’t it subcutaneous?

19. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    How did you hit a nerve? Isn’t it subcutaneous?
    I use a slin pin going in slow. Always hitting nerves in quads. Its not painful but the leg may kick involuntarily, hit my toe against the table leg once. Bad feeling to it, really nasty. With delts it is like: In the center of the lateral head, never hit a nerve -outside of lateral head, like above -or on sides 1:5 chance, maybe.

20. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I use a slin pin going in slow. Always hitting nerves in quads. Its not painful but the leg may kick involuntarily, hit my toe against the table leg once. Bad feeling to it, really nasty. With delts it is like: In the center of the lateral head, never hit a nerve -outside of lateral head, like above -or on sides 1:5 chance, maybe.
    Get it on the butt with some help from the wife, no?

21. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Today I was looking at my older logs, to figure out if my past workout regimes yielded more benefits.

Will change to a modified "sheiko" again, meaning: Less exercises -but way more sets per exercise.
    When I started, my volume were ultra high -with less exercises and the results were great!
    My guess is, my body reacts to this better. Will do it for about 2 month to see how it goes.
    That is the best way to do it. over the years of logs you will figure out your go to workouts and exercises. still got to mix it up every so often.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
  2. Which approach to diet?
    By McCoy1989 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 01:35 AM
  3. time to lean out... diet adjustments?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
  5. Trying a new approach to remove my gyno Letro
    By j0sh710 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM