Cutting Weight, Some ideas and Welcome response!!

Apollo_kane

Awards
So I am looking to cut down on my body fat, I have tried a lot of different supplements for different reasons (bulking, cutting, just cause). I have seen a lot of benefits, down falls, and at times nothingness from certain supplements. But this time around I want to try and take a different approach to cutting. I want to try and free up as much test naturally without limiting my estrogen levels so much that it will destroy my body’s functionality, but still find a way to cut down on as much fat as I can. So I have listed above a few things that I am looking into as well as the supplements that I have researched. My current stats are as follows:
6’01”
280lbs
I am what you would consider an endomorph. I am looking to get down to 240lbs. I know this concept of drop weight gain mass at the same time has had the biggest controversy in the bodybuilding world, but I think there is a way to achieve something close to it, maybe not gain a large amount of mass, but keep what I have with a little more as I drop the excess.
My work outs will remain as they have, but I will be adding in 35-40mins of cardio, they will vary on each day from, high incline walking, running, cycling, and stair climber. I will be adding in the following supplements daily as well:

Morning – Optimum Nutrition Pro BCAA – 2 scoops
Thru the day – Scivation Xtend BCAA – 2-3x – 1 scoop
Pre Workout – Optimum Nutrition Pro BCAA – 2 scoops
Primaforce Beta Alanine Powder – 3 scoops
Nutricost L-Arginine – 1 scoop
Post Workout - Imsoalpha – Alpha Vegan Protein – 1 scoop
Primaforce Beta Alanine Powder – 3 scoops
Optimum Nutrition Pro BCAA – 1 scoops
Before Bed - Optimum Nutrition Pro BCAA – 2 scoops
Nutricost L-Arginine – 1 scoop

The supplements I am considering to run during my cut are:

1) Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals – “Osta Plex” – 2x daily; morning/evening
2) Blackstone Labs – “Epi Cat” – 2x daily; morning/afternoon
3.1) Primeval Labs – “Epiandro Max” – 4x a day; spread evenly
OR
3.2) Purus Labs – “Recycle” – 2x daily; morning/evening
4) PEScience – “Erase Pro +” – 2x daily; morning
5) Vital Labs – “Post Cycle 3X” - 4x daily; 2 morning/2 afternoon

I have also been considering using :
PurusLabs – “D-Pol”; 1 scoop before workout (or three pills; which ever bought)

Any help, or news or advice, or anything positive to add or recommend is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cortisol – hormone secreted when under stress. “Fight or Flight”, engages the adrenal gland, which secretes adrenaline and glucose that boost your blood pressure. Cortisol also inhibits insulin which raises your sugar levels. Raises glucose in the brain which provides alertness, and help your body with its ability to repair tissue.
Cortisol Inhibitors reduce stress and are used to try and target the deposition of fat in the abdomen and elsewhere. These fat deposits can be caused by a great production of cortisol or Cushing’s syndrome (rare disease).

1) Now supplements – “Super Cortisol Support”; cortisol inhibitor
2) PEScience – “Erase Pro +”; ashwagandha used for thyroid support and cortisol inhibitor
a. Targets corticosterone and 11-deoxycortisol
(dry effect)
Cyclic Adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) and Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) – secondary messenger for signal transduction on different organisms. cAMP effects hormones like glucagon (elevates glucose in the blood, creating a ubiquitous fuel for the body) and adrenaline that have difficulty passing through plasma membrane, and is also involved in the activation of protein kinases (modifies proteins by adding a phosphate).

1) PEScience – “Shift”; non caffeinated, forskolin 95 (known to increase cAMP), aframomum melegueta (similar to ginger; body recomposition, fat mass control)
2) Performax Labs – “OxyMax XT”; cAMP positive effect *similar to “shift”*, but caffeinated
3) PEScience – “Norcodrene”; caffeinated, conatins afromomum, and chromium (helps regulate blood sugar, helps insulin transport glucose into cells, metabolizes carbohydrates and assists in digestion)
Estrogen – high levels in men contribute to prostate cancer, heart disease, and gynecomastia (enlarged breasts). As testosterone is transferred into estrogen the low levels of testosterone can cause many unpleasant symptoms including loss of muscle mass, fatigue, low libido and erectile dysfunction. The use of “Estrogen Blockers” helps to reduce either the production or effects of estrogen on the body. This has been linked to reduce water retention and bloating that is associated with raised estrogen levels.
1) Purus Labs – “Recycle”; tribulus alatus (increases androgen levels), 3,4 divanillyitetrahydrofuran (reduced SHBG that inhibits androgen), 3,3 dindolylmethane (prevents test from transferring to estrogen, prevents the increase of estrogen), indole-3-carbinol (lowers CYP19 also known as aromatase)
2) Blackstone Labs – “Eradicate”; androsta 3,5-dien-7,17-dione (estrogen blocker treats gynecomastia, aromatase inhibitor, preventing any estrogen rebound), N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (cysteine helps to produce gluthathione and taurine, to prevent muscle deterioration and produce energy)
• androsta 3,5-dien-7,17-dione – naturally occurring metabolite of 7-keto DHEA*
3) Primeval Labs – “Epiandro Max”; epiandrosterone (converts to DHT, inhibits estrogen, binds SHGB, and increases free testosterone)
Myostatin – protein produced and released by myocytes that acts on muscle cells autocrine function to inhibit myogenesis (formation of muscular tissue). Animals that lack myostatin or treated with blockers have shown a significant gain in muscle mass.
1) Blackstone Labs – “Epi Cat”; epicatechins (decrease or surpress myostatin)

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) – more selective that steroids, boasting anabolic to androgenic rations starting at 3:1 and going as high as 90:1. Legal but deemed to be used for “research purposes only”.
1) Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals – “Osta Plex”; 7-methoxy-8-(3-methylbut-2-en-1-yl)-2h-chromen-2-one (osthole – increase androgen and NOS) 19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one Enathate (decasterone – prohormone like compound that converts to the hormone Nandrolone in the body)

Post Cycle Therapy – helps to control levels of estrogen, re-regulate hormonal levels and protect from any side effects from prohormones.

1) Vital Labs – “Post Cycle 3X”

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong first post.

And that seems to be a crap ton of Bcaa's. Can I ask why so much?

Apollo_kane

Awards
I work 12 hour shifts in an environment that doesn't allow me to always have readily access to obtain food, and on special occasions my days might turn from 12 hours to 16. So about a year ago I took in the same amount of BCAA and I saw a help in my weight management, without depleting my body of it nutrients and energy.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll follow along as well.

Apollo_kane

Awards
Any advice on the stack I want to take? Still haven't made up my mind on the third one?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So I am looking to cut down on my body fat, I have tried a lot of different supplements for different reasons (bulking, cutting, just cause). I have seen a lot of benefits, down falls, and at times nothingness from certain supplements. But this time around I want to try and take a different approach to cutting. I want to try and free up as much test naturally without limiting my estrogen levels so much that it will destroy my body’s functionality, but still find a way to cut down on as much fat as I can...
First off, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've done some good research and you have a good understanding of what supplements are available. In addition to this introduction, it would be helpful if you could elaborate on your current diet and nutrition. I would also agree with SFreed that your BCAA intake is very high.

BCAA won't exactly "replenish" your body - don't fall under the marketing scheme that you need to always have amino acids in your system or your body will begin to eat away muscle tissue. I would cut down on your amino intake and save yourself some money, at 8 scoops of BCAA a day you'll be flying through tubs of product with little benefit or return.

Also, with your goals of keeping natural test high and limiting estrogen levels, have you looked into or considered Alphamax XT?

The supplements I am considering to run during my cut are:

1) Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals – “Osta Plex” – 2x daily; morning/evening
2) Blackstone Labs – “Epi Cat” – 2x daily; morning/afternoon
3.1) Primeval Labs – “Epiandro Max” – 4x a day; spread evenly
OR
3.2) Purus Labs – “Recycle” – 2x daily; morning/evening
4) PEScience – “Erase Pro +” – 2x daily; morning
5) Vital Labs – “Post Cycle 3X” - 4x daily; 2 morning/2 afternoon
Have you run any PH or SARM cycles in the past? If you're new to supplementation or haven't explored natural options yet, I think a natural stack would be best to begin with. Erase Pro is a solid product, and I would highly encourage checking out Alphamax XT as well. It contains a solid natural test profile, natural AI, and forskolin all in one product.

1) PEScience – “Shift”
2) Performax Labs – “OxyMax XT”; cAMP positive effect *similar to “shift”*, but caffeinated
3) PEScience – “Norcodrene”
1) Purus Labs – “Recycle”; tribulus alatus (increases androgen levels), 3,4 divanillyitetrahydrofuran (reduced SHBG that inhibits androgen), 3,3 dindolylmethane (prevents test from transferring to estrogen, prevents the increase of estrogen), indole-3-carbinol (lowers CYP19 also known as aromatase)
2) Blackstone Labs – “Eradicate”; androsta 3,5-dien-7,17-dione (estrogen blocker treats gynecomastia, aromatase inhibitor, preventing any estrogen rebound), N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (cysteine helps to produce gluthathione and taurine, to prevent muscle deterioration and produce energy)
• androsta 3,5-dien-7,17-dione – naturally occurring metabolite of 7-keto DHEA*
3) Primeval Labs – “Epiandro Max”; epiandrosterone (converts to DHT, inhibits estrogen, binds SHGB, and increases free testosterone)
Myostatin – protein produced and released by myocytes that acts on muscle cells autocrine function to inhibit myogenesis (formation of muscular tissue). Animals that lack myostatin or treated with blockers have shown a significant gain in muscle mass.
1) Blackstone Labs – “Epi Cat”; epicatechins (decrease or surpress myostatin)
I think your first 3 listed here are all solid choices. Recycle is geared more toward a natural PCT product, which I don't see as having much benefit for you if you stick with natural supplements this time around. Eradicate, as well as Epi Cat both may be a good options, but I would keep the cycle as simple as possible for now.

With all the products you've listed here, I think it would be wise to stick with one thermogenic or natural test/AI product to begin. Consider trying Shift, Erase Pro, Oxymax XT, or Alphamax XT solo first and see how it goes. Also share your diet and nutrition so we can understand that too. Nutrition is a much higher priority than supplementation, and without the right macros these products will be worthless.

Apollo_kane

Awards
First off, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've done some good research and you have a good understanding of what supplements are available. In addition to this introduction, it would be helpful if you could elaborate on your current diet and nutrition. I would also agree with SFreed that your BCAA intake is very high.

BCAA won't exactly "replenish" your body - don't fall under the marketing scheme that you need to always have amino acids in your system or your body will begin to eat away muscle tissue. I would cut down on your amino intake and save yourself some money, at 8 scoops of BCAA a day you'll be flying through tubs of product with little benefit or return.

This is my current diet:
1. Upon Waking:
1C of coffee with cinnamon and ginger
5g glutamine
10g BCAA
3g l-carnosine

1st workout - 20-45min of cardio (when possible, if not done in the morning it is done with my work out at night.)

2. Meal #1
8 egg whites
2C oatmeal
1 grapefruit

3. Meal #2
Peanut Butter Sandwhich
2C Broccoli

4. Meal #3
10oz Chicken Breast
1C White Rice
2C Green Beans

5. Meal #4
8oz Tilapia
8oz Yams
2C Asparagus

***No more Complex Carbohydrates***

6. Meal #5
10oz Chicken Breast
2C Broccoli
1C Kale

7. Before Bed Time
30g Casein Protein
2C Green Beans
&
5g Glutamine
10g BCAA
3g Carnosine
3g Arganine

If suggested I can cut the amount of BCAA that I take a day to morning, after workout and before bed.

Also, with your goals of keeping natural test high and limiting estrogen levels, have you looked into or considered Alphamax XT?
I have not tried that product at all, do you have any person experience with it.

Have you run any PH or SARM cycles in the past? If you're new to supplementation or haven't explored natural options yet, I think a natural stack would be best to begin with. Erase Pro is a solid product, and I would highly encourage checking out Alphamax XT as well. It contains a solid natural test profile, natural AI, and forskolin all in one product.
I have run Androvar by Hard Rock Supplements, Super Mandro by Hard Rock Supplements, Andro the Giant by Hard Rock Supplements, and I have also tried DAA Max by Vital Labs. I will say that the DAA did not give me much of an effect or noticeable difference when I ran it. Androvar, Super Mandro, Andro the Giant were magnificent. I loved the way I felt on it and the results that I got from them. Of course I ran these at separate times.

I think your first 3 listed here are all solid choices. Recycle is geared more toward a natural PCT product, which I don't see as having much benefit for you if you stick with natural supplements this time around. Eradicate, as well as Epi Cat both may be a good options, but I would keep the cycle as simple as possible for now.
I am not stuck on natural supplements so much as I really don't want to get back on DAA since I didn't see much result from it and from what I gather on a few post and studies that I have read into, it wont do much for me.

With all the products you've listed here, I think it would be wise to stick with one thermogenic or natural test/AI product to begin. Consider trying Shift, Erase Pro, Oxymax XT, or Alphamax XT solo first and see how it goes. Also share your diet and nutrition so we can understand that too. Nutrition is a much higher priority than supplementation, and without the right macros these products will be worthless.
Hmm I will have to research Alphamax XT to see the chemical compound and effect have been from it. It is definitely something to consider tho.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
This is my current diet:
1. Upon Waking:
1C of coffee with cinnamon and ginger
5g glutamine
10g BCAA
3g l-carnosine

1st workout - 20-45min of cardio (when possible, if not done in the morning it is done with my work out at night.)

2. Meal #1
8 egg whites
2C oatmeal
1 grapefruit

3. Meal #2
Peanut Butter Sandwhich
2C Broccoli

4. Meal #3
10oz Chicken Breast
1C White Rice
2C Green Beans

5. Meal #4
8oz Tilapia
8oz Yams
2C Asparagus

***No more Complex Carbohydrates***

6. Meal #5
10oz Chicken Breast
2C Broccoli
1C Kale

7. Before Bed Time
30g Casein Protein
2C Green Beans
&
5g Glutamine
10g BCAA
3g Carnosine
3g Arganine

If suggested I can cut the amount of BCAA that I take a day to morning, after workout and before bed.

I have not tried that product at all, do you have any person experience with it.

I am not stuck on natural supplements so much as I really don't want to get back on DAA since I didn't see much result from it and from what I gather on a few post and studies that I have read into, it wont do much for me.

Hmm I will have to research Alphamax XT to see the chemical compound and effect have been from it. It is definitely something to consider tho.
With your current protein intake and meal timing, there really isn't much need for additional BCAA supplementation. If you enjoy sipping some during your training you can, but drinking as many servings as you are currently will have more impact on your wallet than anything else.

DAA has been shown to not do too much, I would spend your money elsewhere IMO. I would definitely check out Alphamax XT. For your goals and current training/nutrition, it would be a solid choice. I've used it a few times with great success, and there are a ton of threads on AM with solid user feedback with Alphamax XT

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The above is all spot on. Most will say that "Test Boosters" are more feel good supplements than actual testosterone raising items, but I really enjoyed AlphaMax XT. So much that I've ran it twice. CEL M-Test is another that gets good reviews, but I haven't tried it yet. Another fairly important aspect, how's your sleep??

Apollo_kane

Awards
The above is all spot on. Most will say that "Test Boosters" are more feel good supplements than actual testosterone raising items, but I really enjoyed AlphaMax XT. So much that I've ran it twice. CEL M-Test is another that gets good reviews, but I haven't tried it yet. Another fairly important aspect, how's your sleep??
My sleep isn't what it once was. I only get about 4-6 hours a day when I'm working and when I'm off I get 8-9 hours.

Apollo_kane

Awards
With your current protein intake and meal timing, there really isn't much need for additional BCAA supplementation. If you enjoy sipping some during your training you can, but drinking as many servings as you are currently will have more impact on your wallet than anything else.

DAA has been shown to not do too much, I would spend your money elsewhere IMO. I would definitely check out Alphamax XT. For your goals and current training/nutrition, it would be a solid choice. I've used it a few times with great success, and there are a ton of threads on AM with solid user feedback with Alphamax XT
Yes I saw a study that showed how in males DAA from ages 25-30 actually saw a decrease in their free test. That they lost about 6 units each over a 90 day period. I tried to post the link that I found but I'm to novice yet for AM to allow me to post links

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sleep isn't what it once was. I only get about 4-6 hours a day when I'm working and when I'm off I get 8-9 hours.
The 4 - 6 hours, is that all you have time for, or is there another reason for it

Apollo_kane

Awards
That's literally all I have time for. I work from 0645-1900 then in the gym by 2000 till 2130-2145 then in bed no later than 2300 and awake again by 0546-0600. So that's literally all I got when I work.

Apollo_kane

Awards

OK...so I looked into Alpha Max XT:

{Performax Labs; “Alpha Max Xt” – 3,4 Divanillyltetrahydrofuran (DVTHF) = Test in the human body exist in two forms, free circulating and inactive form bond to transport proteins. Transport proteins that test binds to albumin and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). DVTHF binds with SHBG spontaneously. It’s been said that when DVTHF binds with SHBG, the amount of free test will increase.
Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid = this is a aromatase inhibitor; meaning it blocks estrogen}

It appears to be a solid product, I am going to give it a shot and see how it runs with me. I know that when I was using shift I loved the way my body responded to it, a lot of the natural ingredients help to keep me leaned out. I am going to take your advice and run Alpha Max, Oxymax, Erase Pro, and Shift - now I am still considering using a prohormone with it as well, I haven't heard much still from Osta Plex, but it is fairly new still. I have seen that prohormones can cause issues with your health, some even creating problems with the prostate and pancreas but that's why I would take a PCT.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It appears to be a solid product, I am going to give it a shot and see how it runs with me. I know that when I was using shift I loved the way my body responded to it, a lot of the natural ingredients help to keep me leaned out. I am going to take your advice and run Alpha Max, Oxymax, Erase Pro, and Shift - now I am still considering using a prohormone with it as well, I haven't heard much still from Osta Plex, but it is fairly new still. I have seen that prohormones can cause issues with your health, some even creating problems with the prostate and pancreas but that's why I would take a PCT.
I think you'll be very pleased with Alphamax XT. I'm excited to hear your feedback. Are you planning to run all 4 of these at the same time?

Apollo_kane

Awards
I think you'll be very pleased with Alphamax XT. I'm excited to hear your feedback. Are you planning to run all 4 of these at the same time?
Yes but I am trying to get a bit more info on running a testosterone with a prohormone at the same time. From what I have read there are a lot of negative side effect from a prohormone that a test booster wont give you, like Alphamax XT. Prohormones tend to really impact the liver hard and cause a lot issues. SO I really have to be sure about that one

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yes but I am trying to get a bit more info on running a testosterone with a prohormone at the same time. From what I have read there are a lot of negative side effect from a prohormone that a test booster wont give you, like Alphamax XT. Prohormones tend to really impact the liver hard and cause a lot issues. SO I really have to be sure about that one
Your research is correct, PH's are definitely more of a risk than natural anabolics. Depending on the PH compound, there is an array of side effects that can occur. Most prohormones are oral steroids that are designed to pass through the liver and into your system. This process can be harsh on the body, and they can often cause shutdown or hormone imbalance if you do not use proper cycle support and PCT products.

Natural anabolic products like Alphamax XT are different. They are not exogenous hormones like PH's - natural test boosters are designed to increase natural levels and promote muscle gain naturally with minimal side effects. They are safe for the body and do not require a PCT.

I would do some additional research on some of the ingredients in Erase Pro, Shift, and Alphamax XT though - there is a lot of overlap with these products. For example, all of these products include forskolin, which is a great ingredient when used at the proper dose. But since you plan to be stacking 4 products that include forskolin, it may be a bit overkill. I would suggest choosing 2 of these products (ex: Alphamax XT and Shift) to start and see how that treats you. More isn't always better

Apollo_kane

Awards
Your research is correct, PH's are definitely more of a risk than natural anabolics. Depending on the PH compound, there is an array of side effects that can occur. Most prohormones are oral steroids that are designed to pass through the liver and into your system. This process can be harsh on the body, and they can often cause shutdown or hormone imbalance if you do not use proper cycle support and PCT products.

Natural anabolic products like Alphamax XT are different. They are not exogenous hormones like PH's - natural test boosters are designed to increase natural levels and promote muscle gain naturally with minimal side effects. They are safe for the body and do not require a PCT.

I would do some additional research on some of the ingredients in Erase Pro, Shift, and Alphamax XT though - there is a lot of overlap with these products. For example, all of these products include forskolin, which is a great ingredient when used at the proper dose. But since you plan to be stacking 4 products that include forskolin, it may be a bit overkill. I would suggest choosing 2 of these products (ex: Alphamax XT and Shift) to start and see how that treats you. More isn't always better
Ok so after looking over everything, I feel like my best options to go with that will give me amazing results is Epi Cat, Alphamax XT and Shift. Epi Cat will help the onset of myostatin, Alphamax XT that will help to increase my free test and Shift to increase my cAMP and help with body recomp. And no more then that. along with BCAA upon waking, after my workout and before bedtime.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ok so after looking over everything, I feel like my best options to go with that will give me amazing results is Epi Cat, Alphamax XT and Shift. Epi Cat will help the onset of myostatin, Alphamax XT that will help to increase my free test and Shift to increase my cAMP and help with body recomp. And no more then that. along with BCAA upon waking, after my workout and before bedtime.
Beautiful. This sounds perfect man. I think using these 3 together will make for a powerful stack, and I think you'll be pleased with the results. Looking forward to hearing some updates - keep us posted!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great stack.

Just one thing I noticed, you mentioned BCAA upon waking. Do you workout in AM? If so, I'd go fasted and then you could use the BCAA later between meals as needed.

Or if unfasted, you could also use something like PowerMax XT intra workout. That would provide your BCAA/EAA, creatine, TMG, and L-Alanyl L-Glutamine for muscle building, strength, and recovery. Plus it has a nice hydration and electrolyte blend.

Apollo_kane

Awards
Great stack.

Just one thing I noticed, you mentioned BCAA upon waking. Do you workout in AM? If so, I'd go fasted and then you could use the BCAA later between meals as needed.

Or if unfasted, you could also use something like PowerMax XT intra workout. That would provide your BCAA/EAA, creatine, TMG, and L-Alanyl L-Glutamine for muscle building, strength, and recovery. Plus it has a nice hydration and electrolyte blend.
In most cases I do not work out upon waking but when I do I do not take the BCAA. I will have to look into Powermax XT to see what ppl have said about it

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In most cases I do not work out upon waking but when I do I do not take the BCAA. I will have to look into Powermax XT to see what ppl have said about it
Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some samples of Radiate, it can be used as a fatburner and a PWO,if you do a search you'll find many awesome reviews on it. ;-)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Take him up on that offer.

Just make sure to take your shift apart from the Radiate sample since shift is still a mild stim.

You can send me your info and I'll get you OxyMax XT sample too. Shift is cool for very mild stim, but imo OxyMax XT is more comprehensive.