Are my IF Macros ALL WRONG?

Rk6187

Awards
Trying to keep this as simple as possible and looking for constructive criticism

Male 33/5'10"
Wt Loss So Far: Started at 224 and am steady at 206 (+/- 2 lbs) while using an IF (16/8) approach
Calories (I didn't use a specific formula and may be that's where I screwed up) but my Macros (P/C/F): 220/<100/70 on NWO days...basically less than 2000 cals; I increase to about 160 grams carbs while reducing to 40 grams fats and keeping the protein around 220 on my workout days

Workouts: I have some lingering back issues which limit me from heavy squatting or deadlifting at all. I do reverse pyramid still training on chest days and definitely do more volume on back and leg days. During 2 other non lift days I may do about 30 minutes of LISS

Based on damnripped calculator my TDEE is roughly 3000 calories daily and my deficit calculation is 2289 cals. It seems to me that I am eating below my projected limits on both days.

Problems: I'm still having trouble losing abdominal fat though I do feel my ab muscles more easily. The fat is mostly around my lower abs and love handles. I have tried some supplements with limited success but am open to trying others. Most recently I tried Yohimbine HCL 2.5 mg x 7 pills a day and handled it okay..I'm uncomfortable with increase in BP and am considering dropping it. I feel like I am most limited by how hard I can go on leg / back day.

Any suggestions, advice, and critique are welcome and appreciated.

Thank You!!

Anabolic Goat

Awards
May I ask how long have you been working out, using the IF (16/8) program and tracking your calories?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
If your still losing weight don't change anything, fat loss could be described the same as taking water out of a bath with a bucket, if you take water from the end of the bath the whole level drops. Meaning while it is stubborn weight loss on stomach you are looking it elsewhere, sadly you can't spot reduce.

If your weight loss slows or stop then it's time to adjust macros.

Rk6187

Awards
I have been doing it for about 3 months. Don't get me wrong I have seen some results. I just feel like I have plateaued a bit. Could I be hurting my progress with having lower than recommended carbs?

Rk6187

Awards
I believe that fat has primarily resided in my lower and lateral chest area (small amount), lower abs, and love handles. I am understanding of the plateauing effect and needing to adjust my macros. However, whenever I attempt to put together my deficit %, TDEE, and calories in any calculator, it always suggests (regardless of calculator) to eat more carbs. It also suggests eating more protein but I'm not sure to what degree increasing protein intake over a shorter window will affect absorption..from my understanding, just because you eat 250 grams of protein, doesn't really mean you absorb all of it. One of the confounding factors in my case is that it I can't really do traditional reverse pyramid training on all three days due to a prior lifting injury. I'm not sure how important that is in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day...calories in are definitely lower than calories out. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust my macros per my current stats in order to maintain as much muscle as possible while burning some extra body fat...not locally, just overall.

If your still losing weight don't change anything, fat loss could be described the same as taking water out of a bath with a bucket, if you take water from the end of the bath the whole level drops. Meaning while it is stubborn weight loss on stomach you are looking it elsewhere, sadly you can't spot reduce.

If your weight loss slows or stop then it's time to adjust macros.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
I have been doing it for about 3 months. Don't get me wrong I have seen some results. I just feel like I have plateaued a bit. Could I be hurting my progress with having lower than recommended carbs?
Like what he said above, if you are continuing to lose weight don't change anything on the macros. How often are you hitting cardio?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
When I stall I always up my carbs by about 50-100g. Sacrifice some protein, don't drop fat it's already as low as if drop it. Also low fats make you feel like utter ****.

Is start like This-
Increase to 250g carbs a day, drop protein slightly to compensate. See what happens. You won't lose muscle so don't worry about that.