Loss in strength..?

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
So obviously a lot of controversy about science that you as a person lose strength when cutting and that this is due to the caloric deficit and the cut in calories. I understand the majority of this in a sense but at the same time my situation seems dramatic and mentally draining. On my quest of losing weight I lost over 90-95 ish lbs in the last 3 Years. However, my strength from some lifts has dramatically decreases as an example is:
High school (295-300 lbs)
Benched: 335
Squat: 455
Deadlift: roughly 405?

Then when football ended and I graduated I decided to lose the extra weight I don’t need.
After 2 years of college (still daily lifting with different programs and progressive overload etc)
Bench: struggling 225 for 6 (I use to warm up with 225 for 10 easily..)
Squat: 315 for 8 seemed like a struggle ( also warmed up 315 in high school..)
Deadlift 475 (for some reason this crap went up LOL)
And I’ve been “cutting” or linear dieting for 3 years trying to maintain my weight and strength and muscle yet I’ve lost so much strength Is this normal can I have some background info which this happens?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19 and last October after highschool football was over and I decided I didn't want to go play for Montana I started cutting from 325 lbs. I did carb backloading.

My old lifts
Squat: 600
Bench: 345
Deadlift: 505
Power clean: 325

My diet:
Protein: 225-285 (it changed as I lost weight)
Carbs: under 100 (sugar under 40)
Fat: I just focused on eating lots of chicken.
I didn't eat my first meal until 12-2, and it was just chicken. Then I'd mix in carbs through out the day.

Now after carb backloading since November I weigh 225, and I'm still cutting.

My current lifts
Squat: 515
Bench: 315
Deadlift: 455
(I don't clean anymore lol)

Losing strength is very common while losing weight! I believe that carb backloading was the best diet for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone! What exactly is your diet? Have you had any labs done? Have you tried any anabolics (sarms PH Steroids)?

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
I'm 19 and last October after highschool football was over and I decided I didn't want to go play for Montana I started cutting from 325 lbs. I did carb backloading.

My old lifts
Squat: 600
Bench: 345
Deadlift: 505
Power clean: 325

My diet:
Protein: 225-285 (it changed as I lost weight)
Carbs: under 100 (sugar under 40)
Fat: I just focused on eating lots of chicken.
I didn't eat my first meal until 12-2, and it was just chicken. Then I'd mix in carbs through out the day.

Now after carb backloading since November I weigh 225, and I'm still cutting.

My current lifts
Squat: 515
Bench: 315
Deadlift: 455
(I don't clean anymore lol)

Losing strength is very common while losing weight! I believe that carb backloading was the best diet for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone! What exactly is your diet? Have you had any labs done? Have you tried any anabolics (sarms PH Steroids)?
My diet has changed as I continued to lose weight I would revamp it every 3-4 weeks. Right now I’m eating about
1.15 g of protein per body weight
.25g fat / lb rounding upward
1g of carb/lb

Roughly putting me around

217 carb
65 fat
250 protein
And that about 2 weeks ago when I weighted 217 and now I weigh 213.4 this morning which is obviously good but my strength just gone down the drain everything is so heavy

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
My diet has changed as I continued to lose weight I would revamp it every 3-4 weeks. Right now I’m eating about
1.15 g of protein per body weight
.25g fat / lb rounding upward
1g of carb/lb

Roughly putting me around

217 carb
65 fat
250 protein
And that about 2 weeks ago when I weighted 217 and now I weigh 213.4 this morning which is obviously good but my strength just gone down the drain everything is so heavy
Oh and my maintenance use to be 3300 and now I’m cutting at a 2300 cal. Yes before you yell at me why so aggressive lol I did a 500 calorie deficit for 1 month and literally nothing happen as I still maintained my weight strangely..

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Oh and my maintenance use to be 3300 and now I’m cutting at a 2300 cal. Yes before you yell at me why so aggressive lol I did a 500 calorie deficit for 1 month and literally nothing happen as I still maintained my weight strangely..
It makes sense! I think your diet looks good. Are you training for strength or hypertrophy? .

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
I try to mix it up because I would like to maintain my strength (or what’s left of it lol) but I do a good amount of hypertrophy and cardio also which helps. Like I see progress in my weight loss which is great ( I plateaued for a bit) but it’s such a mind **** losing strength and I was wondering if me losing this much strength is normal because it seems so obscure..

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Your diet looks really good dude, but genetics do play a huge role in this game. I'd try mixing up meal timing, because when insulin is present in the blood far cannot be metabolized. On top of that if you train later on in the day you can increase muscular insulin sensitivity which means less of your carbs will go to fat.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
What's your supplement regiment looking like?
Currently (college student broke af)
I work at a gym sooo “stealing protein” is easy as hell sooo I use that to my advantage

A simple GrassFed Whey Protein
I mix my preworkout up but: Olympus Lab Conquer, PreJym
Evo Fish Oil
MTS Greens
And that’s it

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I think your doing everything right dude but sometimes genetics can screw you over.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
Yeah... the thing is I’m Vietnamese we don’t have the fat genetics lol which makes even less sense as how I use to weigh that much haha

corinthians

Awards
If you are in a caloric deficit dont expect to mantain or gain strength thats is obvious. If you are worried about your loss of strength reset your diet stop cutting. Try 2 or 3 months of a light clean bulk you will add some strength and bit of muscle. Then when you are ok with your new strength and weight, cut again but with a moderate deficit and not go so long on your cut. I think this is your problem so much time cutting.