Where do I Go From Here?

1. Where do I Go From Here?

Hey guys..

I've been working hard to meet my goal of losing 100 lb for about 5 months. I've had a couple setbacks, but nothing hugely disappointing.. Just a moment of weakness or two. At any rate, I've managed to lose 48lb. And I'm stuck. I have a friend helping me out with a diet plan and we've reached an impasse, it seems.

Before I started, I really didn't eat throughout the day. And when I did eat, it was normally carb-packed or just junk food altogether. He started me off with the following:

Meal 1- 6oz egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oats
    Meal 2- 2 scoops UMP protein powder
    Meal 3- 6oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup green vegetables
    Meal 4- 6oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup green vegetables
    Meal 5- 2 scoops UMP protein.

I'd supplement my diet with EHP labs Oxy Shred and Acetyl L Carnatine, BCAAs, and a Pre-Workout. Exercise would include 20 minutes of Stairmaster on the interval setting, 5 miles of recumbent exercise bike, all at a moderate pace but not paying close attention to heart rate. I would probably be guessing, but I estimate my mode heart rate was somewhere in the range of 145-150 BPM.

This worked well for some time, and we modified the diet and exercise a couple times throughout this process. But my weakness caused me to eat ****ty and in my haste, wedge come to the point where I'm now cutting carbs completely and working on the Stairmaster for 45 minutes at level 10 HIIT, along with a moderate lifting program.

My current diet is as follows:

Meal 1- 8oz egg whites, 1 whole egg
    Meal 2- 2 scoops protein
    Meal 3- 8oz tilapia, 1/2 cup vegetables (cabbage a lot of the time)
    Meal 4- 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 vegetables
    Meal 5- 2 scoops protein.

About a month ago, this exact diet was used with the addition to oats in my last shake and it helped me lose ~10lb. Now, however, it seems that I can't break through to the 230-220s plateau. I've now run out of oxy shred, and I don't know that it's really helped anyway.

I lead a fairly stressful life with my young kids and job, which I work odd hours. I have a history of depression, and though I feel great about my results thus far, I can't help but feel discouraged at this point. I don't really know where I can go from here, as literally everything has been cut to a bare minimum and my body seems to be holding on to everything. I have an appointment at the end of the month to see a doctor to have a full blood panel done to see where my hormone levels are, as I suspect I'm estrogen-rich and testosterone-poor.

I guess my question to all of you is this- where do I go from here? How do I get my body working to continue shedding fat at a more consistent rate? Do I need to reset my metabolism somehow? Cycle carbs? I've read that when proper nutrition and exercise is used, plateaus are a thing of the past. Where did I go horribly wrong?

2. First of all, congratulations on the weight loss and attempting to make some changes!! Can you tell us your current weight / height / body fat % if known?
    Cutting carbs may not be the best thing for you at this point. Knowing where you're at weight wise will help. Diet and exercise is the most important part of losing weight, but a quality thermogenic like Radiate may help, again, depending on your current stats. Are you currently doing any weight training, or is it just cardio you're focused on?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

3. Also, for some inspiration and to maybe realize that some of us have made it through the same battle you're currently in, have a look here.

Nuuudzzz Bank

I actually went from 245 down to 170 over the course of a year, no supplements of any kind, and having no idea what I was doing. Diet and exercise.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    First of all, congratulations on the weight loss and attempting to make some changes!! Can you tell us your current weight / height / body fat % if known?
    Cutting carbs may not be the best thing for you at this point. Knowing where you're at weight wise will help. Diet and exercise is the most important part of losing weight, but a quality thermogenic like Radiate may help, again, depending on your current stats. Are you currently doing any weight training, or is it just cardio you're focused on?
    My current weight is 233 lb, I'm 6'2". I don't know my current body fat, but I'm looking to get a DEXA scan inn the very near future.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fat2fit2017 View Post
    My current weight is 233 lb, I'm 6'2". I don't know my current body fat, but I'm looking to get a DEXA scan inn the very near future.
    What's your goal?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

6. I'd like to get to 180.

7. Thank you for the kind words, by the way. I think my main problem is the fact that I still have real cravings for terrible food, and coupled with the fact that I'm staving off these temptations without getting the results that I'm expecting with the work I'm putting in. My diet is on point and I do plenty of cardio. I also do a mild weight training program, targeting individual muscle groups. A normal week will have me walking through the doors of the gym 5-6 times. I haven't had alcohol, aside from less than a handful of occasions, and even then, it's usually 1 beer. Should I keep my heart rate lower? Using the LISS technique?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fat2fit2017 View Post
    I'd like to get to 180.
    Though my endgame is to be at a strong 215.

9. Start running. Trail running would be best. Something to get your heart rate up. Don't worry about trying to run a marathon, do what you can. Maybe today it's a 1/2 mile straight. That's fine, just keep working on it.

Start lifting weights. I'm assuming you belong to a gym? Pick a program and stick with it. Again, don't worry about how much weight you're lifting compared to others. Just stick with it.

And don't get too worked up about cheat meals. Don't make a habit out of it, but a mistake every 2 or 3 weeks isn't the end of the world.

And don't get too deep in supplements at this point. Stick with the basics, and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

10. To be honest, you're headed in the right direction. You've made some great progress and you're body is getting used to the exercise you're doing. Now you need to increase it. More weight, more cardio, more reps. You're getting in better shape and you have to push harder to continue seeing results. Just don't give up!!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injury on cycle - where do I go from here?
    By goodguygreg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 12:16 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM