Ultimate Diet 2.0 Log - Because Masochist Tendencies Are the Best Types

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Not sure. It was this.
    It also gave my buddy who also lifts the same issues today. Isn't just me.

I can't link yet. Google nubreed helix bcaa
    that's funny - i literally used a few samples of that just last week (first time i had ever tried it) and had a bit of a BA buzz from it as well. I'd be fairly certain what you felt was from the BA content
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    that's funny - i literally used a few samples of that just last week (first time i had ever tried it) and had a bit of a BA buzz from it as well. I'd be fairly certain what you felt was from the BA content
    So that is what I was trying to figure out too.

I live within 20 minutes of a retail store for the website vitacost.com and I get clearance stuff.

I purchased 160 servings of powdered BA and take that without any problems at all.
    I have found a great pre workout stack (stim free) to be

1 scoops BA
    3 caps natures way beet root powder
    1g tyrosine

Works very well.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    So that is what I was trying to figure out too.

I live within 20 minutes of a retail store for the website vitacost.com and I get clearance stuff.

I purchased 160 servings of powdered BA and take that without any problems at all.
    I have found a great pre workout stack (stim free) to be

1 scoops BA
    3 caps natures way beet root powder
    1g tyrosine

Works very well.
    Totally agree. BA is my favorite stim free adder since the little bit of tingle and rush gives me a placebo-ost ha. I usually pair it with a pump product like agmatine or citrulline

4. LOG FOR 8/16/17

Last night was sub optimal.
    I did half the delption workout, I could not manage to get the entire session in.

For most large bodyparts you are doing 180 reps. These are slow and they burn.

Yesterday I did sets of 20 or 25, these two a few minutes to complete each and this morning I feel like a truck hit me.
    Today I will do the same thing.

Woke up at 1230am yesterday and could not get back to sleep, so let's see how this effects my performance today.

Calories NOW Dictate Fat Loss This Week, Do I Care?

I should be eating 1400 calories. Yesterday I likely ate closer to 1800. This may impact my fat loss, or I may have no idea of my real TDEE and may be fine.

The truth is, I THINK my TDEE is around 2800 even though I am not a beast with lots of muscle mass. Just being on my feet all day and my steps combined with everything else.

We will see, but I won't feel like last week again, so if this means the diet is slightly slower and i have 2 more weeks to do vs feeling so terrible I can't perform, that is fine for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    THAT RESPONSE THO...

The response here is a little over the top guys. That is nuts. I will do my best to keep it updated.
    I am going back into the gym today.

The sledgehammer Approach to the diet

I should note that in the past I have done this diet successfully. I basically made it my own version of the CKD and used the same calorie outlines that Lyle has in the book, with a little more of a twist on things.

For example, instead of punishing myself with a stupid amount of depletion workouts, I just keep carbs very low and pushed through until the weekends. I used the weekends less as a one day carb binge and more like a 2 day carb load.

This could be considered "Not the Ultimate Diet" however Lyle did make this the follow up to Body Opus and the original Ultimate Diet book, which were ten day cycles (for Body Opus) and seven days for the original UD.

In those books though, the carb loads were always longer.

I simply hate the short cycle here.

Options For Those That Hate the Timing

You do have options if you want to change the cycle length.
    Make the cycle different lengths if you want, or keep it the same, but either way.

As for me I am trying to stick too it best I can guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    I have some severe body issues, so heading "already lean dude" there is pretty nice, however I feel fat all the time. At least for me.
    Years ago I got very lean this way.
    I will see what I can do to get there again.
    LOGS WILL BE IN RED TO DIFFERENTIATE CHATTER FROM MY OFFICIAL DAILY POSTS.

LOG FOR 8/15/2017

For whatever reason, I stopped getting replies. I was under the impression that no one was all that interesting. So here we are, with a crazy response. That is nice indeed.

So over the weekend, I had to suspend the diet for a few days, this happened after the carb load and I did not gain much fat. If anything I have still lost some fat and I am going to be fine, just fine.

Today will be a depletion workout day, and that is a long assed workout.

I will be trying to go the full distance and get ALL THE DEPLETION into one workout. Heaven help me, this is not fun and I did it before in the past.

Tweaking This Weeks Activity Levels

Last week I did far too much walking. I was foolishly trying to increase my TDEE with around 5 miles walking extra a day. My usual day has me around 10,000-15,000 steps already.

I am using a great pedometer app that has a delay before it starts to count steps. Meaning that you cant just jiggle this thing and get steps that are not steps. Ten steps and THEN it starts counting, which I like.

This had me as high as 22,000-25,000 steps last week. It was just plain stupid, imho and it hurt me big time over the course of the week. I had terrible terrible energy levels and wanted to quit too many times.
    Btw, what is this list? I am a lurker here for years and just started posting recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I'm very interested in your diet. Seems like an extremely detailed approach, and in fact reminds me of following a @HIT4ME log, another person who is a lot more intelligent regarding dieting than I am.

I'll definitely be following along, but probably won't have much to add. Maybe an occasional question, due to my ignorance. Which I will probably text @HIT4ME for the answer.
    LOG FOR 8/16/17

Last night was sub optimal.
    I did half the delption workout, I could not manage to get the entire session in.

For most large bodyparts you are doing 180 reps. These are slow and they burn.

Yesterday I did sets of 20 or 25, these two a few minutes to complete each and this morning I feel like a truck hit me.
    Today I will do the same thing.

Woke up at 1230am yesterday and could not get back to sleep, so let's see how this effects my performance today.

Calories NOW Dictate Fat Loss This Week, Do I Care?

I should be eating 1400 calories. Yesterday I likely ate closer to 1800. This may impact my fat loss, or I may have no idea of my real TDEE and may be fine.

The truth is, I THINK my TDEE is around 2800 even though I am not a beast with lots of muscle mass. Just being on my feet all day and my steps combined with everything else.

We will see, but I won't feel like last week again, so if this means the diet is slightly slower and i have 2 more weeks to do vs feeling so terrible I can't perform, that is fine for me.
    Yeah...get yourself a fitbit if you can afford it. It's a real eye opener. The fitbit is usually high and not 100% accurate, but I would bet you'd be surprised to see that you don't burn what you think. At least, I was. Maybe you ARE more active and you won't be. But I always figured I'd burned 2500-2700 calories a day and I was shocked by how many days I was in the 2000-2200 range. Happens a lot with work days where I'm sitting in a car or behind a desk, etc. for hours.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Yeah...get yourself a fitbit if you can afford it. It's a real eye opener. The fitbit is usually high and not 100% accurate, but I would bet you'd be surprised to see that you don't burn what you think. At least, I was. Maybe you ARE more active and you won't be. But I always figured I'd burned 2500-2700 calories a day and I was shocked by how many days I was in the 2000-2200 range. Happens a lot with work days where I'm sitting in a car or behind a desk, etc. for hours.
    Fitbit. I owned one for a month. it told me I burned 3200-3500 calories a day.

I gave it away to someone who needed it more than me, because those numbers can't be accurate.

7. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Fitbit. I owned one for a month. it told me I burned 3200-3500 calories a day.

I gave it away to someone who needed it more than me, because those numbers can't be accurate.
    Well, then, you are probably pretty close. I've had days where it says I'm around 3000-3200....a lot of days where it says 2000 too. It seems to be reasonable based on my activity levels, etc. - but reviews often show them to be high and the number of 2000 calorie days vs. 2800+ calorie days was a real eye opener for me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Well, then, you are probably pretty close. I've had days where it says I'm around 3000-3200....a lot of days where it says 2000 too. It seems to be reasonable based on my activity levels, etc. - but reviews often show them to be high and the number of 2000 calorie days vs. 2800+ calorie days was a real eye opener for me.
    Funny enough, I owned a bodymedia device which was so specific it qualified as a medical device.

It measured calories by the minute. You could watch a workout in the gym on the charts it gave and see when you were in a set vs resting.

It also read super high.
    I always assumed it to be bs and whenever I get to the 3000 a day intake level I tend to gain fat fast.

9. Here is what I mean
    my bmr is 1800
    Adding activity should push it pretty high.
    Name:  rps20170816_103907.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  194.8 KB

10. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    Here is what I mean
    my bmr is 1800
    Adding activity should push it pretty high.
    Name:  rps20170816_103907.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  194.8 KB
    what are you using to plot that all out with? App/net?

11. It's called Accupedo, I use the pro version.
    I like it because it waits ten steps before it starts to register, so no phantom steps.

I generally get 2500-3000 more steps on Samsung s health vs this one, so I know it's accurate or more accurate than.

12. Damn, am tired and have terrible hunger today.
    That's all.

13. passed out today after work. Literally blacked out.

I don't think this is something that I should be doing in this heat. Today was "cooler" at 100f but I think this is not good for the summer.

I'm sorry guys. I hate to let people down but I can't kill myself either.

14. Dude...how many calories you eating? How much water you drinking? What are you taking for electrolytes?

You will REALLY let us down if you die. So don't do that. But I also don't want to see you give up. Take a break, regroup, let's figure out what went wrong and let's adjust to something that works better. It doesn't matter how you get to your goals, but let's get there. And you can't get there if you die so don't misread me. But don't quit everything.

15. Yes to this^^^^^^. There's got to be some tweaking that can be done so you can continue.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

16. I'll switch to IIFYM + Fasting.
    How can I get a mod to change the title of this?

I want to keep going. To answer you, I'm eating 1400/day and am supplementing with potassium enriched lite salt.

I have not had this since playing hockey as a kid. It's too much to do this.

Ill keep it alive but will change the narrative to IIFYF - When Intermittent Fasting Meets If if Fits Your Macros - Shredded for 2017

I'm quitting this crazy calorie cycling but don't quit anything entirely.

On the plus side, I now have a good thing to write about for that website I mentioned that I'm developing.

I guess what worked for us five years ago isn't always going to work for us right now. We grow as people, we have to outgrow our past else for Condemned to be who we were back then.

I don't know about you, but if that's the way I was going to operate I'll be a broke twelve-year-old hustling for change to rent a video game versus what I am now, and hope to become in life.

17. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    I'll switch to IIFYM + Fasting.
    How can I get a mod to change the title of this?

I want to keep going. To answer you, I'm eating 1400/day and am supplementing with potassium enriched lite salt.

I have not had this since playing hockey as a kid. It's too much to do this.

can someone help me change the title to:

IIFYF - When Intermittent Fasting Meets If it Fits Your Macros - Shredded for January '17

Ill keep it alive but want the title changed if anyone can help with that.
    Not sure how to change the title. 1400 calories a day and passing out doesn't sound right. I don't even cone close to passing out on even 600 calls a day...but my metabolism is a bit slower than yours and you seem pretty active.

You drinking enough water? Active and in high heat, honestly, I would be shooting for 2-3 gallons a day.

Is it possible you might be diabetic?

I am glad you are gonna keep plugging. Take a day or two off at least though. Eat a lot of veggies and healthy good and get things back to normal before you go back at is. 2, 3 days...if you are coming back a couple days won't matter. Be safe.

18. Fellow flexible dieter. So now I'm really intrigued lol
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

19. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Not sure how to change the title. 1400 calories a day and passing out doesn't sound right. I don't even cone close to passing out on even 600 calls a day...but my metabolism is a bit slower than yours and you seem pretty active.

You drinking enough water? Active and in high heat, honestly, I would be shooting for 2-3 gallons a day.

Is it possible you might be diabetic?
    Nah, I've been checked my bloods are all good. I also occasionally check my own blood glucose levels and am always doing well. I am just dealing with the heat and low carbs poorly I believe.

I've done psmf just fine even with less heat. This was just back in March of 2017.

20. Although...in second thought...the prospect of you suffering did bring me here. I got a little bit. I am happy. Haha. Kidding!

21. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Although...in second thought...the prospect of you suffering did bring me here. I got a little bit. I am happy. Haha. Kidding!
    Yes true. I'll keep it the same. Good point.
    It's the heat, lack of carbs and electrolytes though.

22. There's gotta be something else wrong. 1400 cals isn't low enough for anything like what you're experiencing. Hell, I'm at 1500 right now and AM cardio, PM lifting and eating only 1 meal a day and not having any issues. There's something else at play here.

23. THIS IS MY GOAL - You guys Blew Me Away

This was some time ago.
    I need to get back here or better for January.

Look, I have a history of zigzag dieting and that's a problem. I took a sledgehammer to this and that wasn't right.

I have many months to do this. I need support and holy cow did I get it here. I'm surprised. Name:  x0vJJFe-2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  73.6 KB

24. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    There's gotta be something else wrong. 1400 cals isn't low enough for anything like what you're experiencing. Hell, I'm at 1500 right now and AM cardio, PM lifting and eating only 1 meal a day and not having any issues. There's something else at play here.
    There is. here comes the terrible truth... I didn't pass out like woke up somewhere else. It was just extreme fatigue.I completely over exaggerated it because I felt like a loser to guys I'll probably never meet in real life.

Yea. You can dip out of the thread if you want but I was trying to just bow out gracefully without being called a *****.

I'm Still gonna log it if people want to read it. If they don't I did an ******* type thing and I get it.

25. Quote Originally Posted by stevencfitnes View Post
    There is. here comes the terrible truth... I didn't pass out like woke up somewhere else. It was just extreme fatigue.I completely over exaggerated it because I felt like a loser to guys I'll probably never meet in real life.

Yea. You can dip out of the thread if you want but I was trying to just bow out gracefully without being called a *****.

I'm Still gonna log it if people want to read it. If they don't I did an ******* type thing and I get it.
    Brother. It is up to you. If you want to do this, do it. If you don't, then don't worry about us. Sometimes you just don't have the motivation...sometimes it hits you.

We are here to help.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. epistine + ultimate diet 2.0 log
    By thebiz909 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 04:32 AM
  2. Ultimate Diet 2.0 - A Mini-Log (kinda)
    By rolandajoint in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
  3. Haiz and Designer Supplements VS. Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By haiz69 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
  5. Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By Anarchy939 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6