Macros

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Can anyone help with my macros? I have recently lost about 25 pounds and I do hit the gym 3x per week.My goal is to lose more body fat and gain more muscle. I am 52 and I am really struggling with this , is there still hope for this young lady?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros for losing weight? Have you worked out your maintenance calories? I keep protein around 1-1.2g per pound of body weight.. 20% from fats and the rest in carbs. So do the maths with a 500 or so calorie deficit from maintenance and thats you on the right path.. Thier are far too many *diets* these days but in reality were built on thermogenics. Ie energy in vs energy out so any form of calorie deficit results in fat loss ? A feel horrid on Keto.. Feel horrid on too low a carb also and fats are good for hormonal function and also satiety so never drop them too much ? and.. Course you can achieve anything at any age buddy. Good on you on taking the right path ?

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Thanks so much for your advice .
My calories to lose weight should b around 1300 but today I will b going for a metabolic test so I will know for sure! I don't know that sounds like a lot of carbs, I have tried keto and it's also impossible for me.
What do u think of bcaa for muscle recovery and cla + carnitine ?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally have never bothered with BCAA's.. Not saying they dont have a place but your whey protein contains them anyhow (If you take a shake that is). CLA + Carnitine yes thier are studys on them being effective. A good thermo fat burner always helped me i personally like Oxymax xt. Nothing beats a good diet though. 1300 calories? Seems quite low? Whats your stats...? Height weight etc. You adding in any cardio?

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Wow I am very embarrassed but here they are:
5 feet 3 inches
127 pounds
Yes I do some cardio but I probably need more ....to be honest I love the weights !

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
BACK AND SHOULDERS
Oblique crunches ,20x3
High low plank,15x3
Super man,20x3
Around the clocks,20x3
Assisted pull ups,12x3
Cable seated row,15x3
Dumbl lateral should raise,15x3
Dumbl reverse fly,15x3
lat pulldwn,15x3
Bike

That's my workout for today

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to be embaressed about buddy atleast your making yourself better. Thiers loads of people who have no interest in health or keeping in shape so your doing great ?Yes your calories will probably match your stats.. Was just incase you had the idea of a crash diet but.. Thats not the case. Your training seems dialed in so no worrys thier either. Weights is still energy burnt so if thats your favourite then keep at it but just dont majorly overtrain ? i only do 10 mins on a bike at the end of a workout and its always been good for me.

Ive broke it down a little more but.

130g Protein
130g Carbs
29g of fat

This will equal your 1300 calories per day.

Up to you how you spend those macros but in my opinion always have a little *treat* in thier. Something you enjoy each day.. Dont eat like a rabbit. I always do this and it never affects progress and keeps sanity in check ?

So whats next? Target goal? Future physique?

Cheers

A hope this helps ?

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Yes thanks so much I can't wait to get to the gym . I don't really have a target goal yet because I just want to be as healthy as possible and be looking as awesome as possible. I will have to see where that brings me and how I'm feeling along the way. I am getting lots of blood work now checking it all out!
Have a great day!

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pleasure to help my friend ? Keep at it and let us know how everything goes for you. Bloodwork? From the docs?

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Yes from the doctors....I go to an anti aging doctor and she is very thorough

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Whats your target weight? 127 pounds to *me* is light but just wondered what your final goal was?

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
I don't really know because my body fat has to go down...so if I gain some muscle weight and lose the fat I will be :)

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
Oh and how do I change my info on this app....I was only able to change my pic

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Settings i think? Check your account and it should display what you meed to change?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
127 pounds and carrying a high % of body fat? Just keep cutting and get lean. I know its a low weight but your farrrrrr better bulking from being lean than 15%+ body. You will look alot better

Joannefach

Joannefach

Awards
So good news my BMI improved and my weight loss calorie zone is between 1222 to 1526

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
127 pounds and carrying a high % of body fat? Just keep cutting and get lean. I know its a low weight but your farrrrrr better bulking from being lean than 15%+ body. You will look alot better
Ummm
I could be totally wrong, but pretty sure the OP is a female.
Might want to rethink many of your comments if correct

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ummm
I could be totally wrong, but pretty sure the OP is a female.
Might want to rethink many of your comments if correct
Lol right?!?
Dude needs to read 1st post.....
(Female bro)**

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can anyone help with my macros? I have recently lost about 25 pounds and I do hit the gym 3x per week.My goal is to lose more body fat and gain more muscle. I am 52 and I am really struggling with this , is there still hope for this young lady?
:) * female