whats my body fat at?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. whats my body fat at?

I bought a fit bit scale to track my body fat when bulking and its telling me I'm 21.6% . I'm having a hard time believing its that high.
    Where do you bros think my body fat % is at?

Name:  flexin 1.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  flexin 2.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  81.2 KB

2. 12% tops
    •   

3. I don't think it's 21% I was gonna say 12-15% is the max

4. I'm with the others. 12-15 seems right. Those scales are notoriously unreliable.

5. yea I was thinking around 15%. What a waste of money. should have did my research before buying. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Let the bulking begin its grow time mfers!!
    •   

6. Impossible to tell without a dexa scan, there's somewhere on the net has tons of people with dexa verified bf% that shows you how hard it is to visually estimate. You could be 10% or ya could be 15 **** knows. You'll drive yourself mad trying to work it out. I just take waist measurements at the navel and use that. Once I hit 29.5" I know I'm lean enough to bulk.

7. Definitely not 21 percent. No ****ing way

8. how do you correctly mesure the waist? an inch above the belly button? sucked in flexed or normal?

9. I like numbers. having something else besides the mirror and scale to track progess would be nice

10. Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    how do you correctly mesure the waist? an inch above the belly button? sucked in flexed or normal?
    Just the top of the belly button, relaxed just like you normally stand. Then next time you cut you'll know roughly where you need to get to.

11. Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    I like numbers. having something else besides the mirror and scale to track progess would be nice
    I prefer it to the scale and mirror, it's more reliable.

12. cool so if 29.5 inches is when you start bulking at what mesurment would u stop your bulk?

13. 12-15 all day
  14. whats my body fat at?

Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    cool so if 29.5 inches is when you start bulking at what mesurment would u stop your bulk?
    Usually when I start looking like a fat ****er. This time I'm gonna try and stay as lean as possible I always rush my cut and end up losing a bunch of muscle. No more extreme bulking and cutting for me.

It's just a number I use as a goal, a target I'm determined to hit keeps me motivated.

15. 12-15 wat??

yea extreme bulking and cutting are deff not the way to go. I have struggled with that myself eating to much putting on to much fat and cutting at to much of a deflict an looseing muscle. its all trial and error gotta find that sweet spot for both

16. I was saying your body fat is somewhere between 12 and 15%

17. I wouldnt worry about what percent your body fat is. What matters is you have well defined abs, thats what matters. =-)
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

18. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I was saying your body fat is somewhere between 12 and 15%
    ohh ok thanks for the feedback bro

19. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I wouldnt worry about what percent your body fat is. What matters is you have well defined abs, thats what matters. =-)
    for sure bro thanks. I just read online that going on cycle with a high bodyfat is bad. that fit bit scale told me 21.6% bf thought I might have been a fat ass in denial for a min lol

20. http://www.kingofthegym.com/body-fat...centage_Photos

When I seen these pics of dexa verified bf percentages I gave up trying to estimate visually. Some in the high teens look 12-14% to me and some of the guys in single digits look well higher.

21. Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    for sure bro thanks. I just read online that going on cycle with a high bodyfat is bad. that fit bit scale told me 21.6% bf thought I might have been a fat ass in denial for a min lol
    You have well defined abs and thought you might have been a fat ass in denial haha
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

22. When I seen these pics of dexa verified bf percentages I gave up trying to estimate visually. Some in the high teens look 12-14% to me and some of the guys in single digits look well higher.[/QUOTE]

great article. it seems like people with more muscle can get away with looking lean with a much higher body fat then those with less muscle. like you said when I start looking like a fat **** ill begin my cut. I'm not going to obsess over the numbers

23. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    You have well defined abs and thought you might have been a fat ass in denial haha
    yea yea I kno that sounds dumb af but anorexic people look In mirrors and see themselves as fat mabe theres fat guys that see themselves as toned studs lol had to make sure that wasn't the case

24. What kind of scale did you buy that said 21%?
    .:Share your energy where itís appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit
    RXS Supplement Athlete: Code KELSEY for 25% off at rxssupplements.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    What kind of scale did you buy that said 21%?
    fitbit aria smart scale
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats my body fat percentage
    By wokko in forum Pics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 03:58 PM
  2. What would you guess my Body Fat % to be?
    By use2Bfat in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM
  4. What is body fat % ?
    By sonofsteven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM