Let's do Lyle McDonald's ULTIMATE DIET 2.0...

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
ULTIMATE DIET 2.0

Greetings everybody,

So I may be fairly new around here, but back when bodybuilding.com wasn't such a cesspool I used to post there a lot and I already logged a few rounds of ultimate diet 2.0.

If you're unaware, ultimate diet 2.0 is a diet by Lyle McDonald. It's a carbohydrate cycling diet that doesn't really put you into ketosis, but has you doing crazy aggressively over the top depletion workouts during the week, followed by a tension workout to get ready for a carb load, a power workout where you prime yourself for anabolic growth, and then start all over again at the beginning of the week.

It's tough, and I'm starting a little fatter than I would like, but I tried keto for the last several months on and off and it just hasn't worked well for me.

Maybe you want to follow along. I'd like to think I do pretty decent logs.

Go ahead and ask any questions you'd like.

Starting stats

Age - 36

Weight - 173 approximately when not carb loaded.
(We are going to find out in a few days because I won't actually start until Tuesday.)

Bodyfat - Approx 17%

Time spent training consistently 6 years.

Goal to look very nice and lean for January

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
So here's the deal, I'll actually be starting on I believe Tuesday.

I have to work out the days of the week/cycles but I want to do my power workout on a Sundays because that's when I am not working and I have time to train in the morning.

All of the other workouts will be in the evenings. The power workout on the other hand is very long up to an hour 45 minutes depending on how you go about it.

I just can't take off time for work in the mornings for that.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
subbed. nobody seems to complete these type of logs anymore so I'm hopeful you'll stick with it ha.

gonna do pics and such as well?