Lower Body Weight Loss ?

Floki

Floki

Awards
Hello Everyone !

This is my first post here, a friend of mine recommended this forum to me as it's members give great advice.

So to begin with, through the past 3~4 years I've been gaining and losing weight (from 85 KG to 65 KG and vice

versa)(I'm 170 cm long) but now i decided to never gain weight again in my life because it's an obstacle to me

for many things. I want to start lifting soon but ! I've a problem in my body that have been haunting me for like

ever ! I don't know what to do to lose weight from my lower body (hips) even after reaching 65 KGs again ! as

you can see in the pictures provided I'm skinny from the upper part and all the fats are concentrated down there

and as you can see ,my butt area is wide which is not a good thing for a man and is driving me mad because i'm

unable to wear many of my shirts due to this part of my body + it looks bad in general. I decided to start

running daily or 5 days per week but i don't know if this will be enough to get rid of this burden, I don't know if

there's SPECIFIC workout for this area which will do it. I really wanna get rid of that Curvy part and make it

straight, is it possible or is this the structure of my body and nothing can be done ?! I'd really appreciate some

help here !

Thank you

Attachments

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any idea what your daily food intake is like?

Everybody's different, and we all lose weight differently (mine is belly fat). You just gotta keep on it and push through.

As far as exercising that section, squats and stairs my friend. Squats and stairs.

Floki

Floki

Awards
I'm Following my doctor's diet (that's why i lost around 20 KGs till now) so i think am good in terms of food intake and calories.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't spot reduce fat and everybody holds onto fat differently. Mine is my love handles they are the last to go right after my belly.
Some people hold more fat in there chest or they hips and thighs like you. Just keep dieting to you are happy where you are at.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm Following my doctor's diet (that's why i lost around 20 KGs till now) so i think am good in terms of food intake and calories.
Maybe I could have worded that differently, but I wasn't trying to doubt your diet. Just trying to get a better idea of your diet and exercise level.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Keep dieting and get a good exercise regimen going, and you will start seeing progress..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think you should focus on diet and training to add muscle. As a new lifter you should easily be able to build muscle and loose fat at the same time. Ive personally noticed that the more muscle I have the easier fat loss becomes and the leaner I get the more I can cheat on my diet. Win,win

APC80

APC80

Awards
I think you should focus on diet and training to add muscle. As a new lifter you should easily be able to build muscle and loose fat at the same time. Ive personally noticed that the more muscle I have the easier fat loss becomes and the leaner I get the more I can cheat on my diet. Win,win
I second this, build your upper body and your hips will look smaller as well. Not saying to neglect legs, you need a balanced physique, but adding muscle over all will make you more proportioned. You dont have a lot of fat it's just you seem to hold your stubborn fat in the lower body.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As others already said, bring upper body up.
Personally, I would train obliques two times a week to get this waist wider.
You already mentioned it: a small waist attenuates your wide hips.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As others already said, bring upper body up.
Personally, I would train obliques two times a week to get this waist wider.
You already mentioned it: a small waist attenuates your wide hips.
Would you recommend weighted side bends for this? reading through the thread and I may have to follow your advice.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you recommend weighted side bends for this? reading through the thread and I may have to follow your advice.
Yes, side bends and cable oblique twists:

[video=youtube;pAplQXk3dkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAplQXk3dkU[/video]

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, side bends and cable oblique twists:

[video=youtube;pAplQXk3dkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAplQXk3dkU[/video]
Thanks! I'm going to throw these in between sets starting tomorrow

Floki

Floki

Awards
Thanks everyone ! you're the best, I'll start using your advice and see the outcome :thumbsup::wink1: