Is this too drastic?

S

Sharlaralphie

Awards
Ok, so I am 5'9" 193lbs around 13-14%bf.
My goal is to be shredded.

I intermittent fast from 5pm-1pm

My macros right now are around

Protein 220g
Carbs 50g
Fat 50g

Is it too drastic? Im going to be with my wife in the Philippines soon and want to be super shredded.

Im doing liss and hiit everyday and weights as well.

I am 24 yrs old btw and I was bulked up to 250lbs 2 months ago.

S

Sharlaralphie

Awards
I had alot of water weight and poor quality muscle from dbol and oxy. So not all fat

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I dunno much that's basically about how I would do it I think that is basically keto if I am correct... that's seems to work for me and if I stop losing I will have like 3 days straight of high carbs them go back to my regular macros

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dunno much that's basically about how I would do it I think that is basically keto if I am correct... that's seems to work for me and if I stop losing I will have like 3 days straight of high carbs them go back to my regular macros
Fats should be higher if it's keto. Are you going for keto OP? If not up your carbs. If so then drop protein and up fats (also drop carbs by 20 grams). And that 60lb drop in 8 weeks is insane.

H

Hellix2

Awards
That is not keto... You are going to hurt yourself, if you do that. It's incredibly unhealthy to cut both carbs AND fat so drastically, at the same time. Kick the fat up to 150 ish at least, and reduce your protein to less than 200. I would honestly suggest closer to 200g of fat, and around 150g of protein, with less than 50g of carbs. Never cut both fat and carbs like that, though. Not too mention, cutting carbs that low, then loading up on protein that heavily, your body will simply convert your proteins into glucose. Thus you'll never actually maintain a state of ketosis. The end result will be a thoroughly confused metabolic state, and a potentially injured body. I suggest that you do some serious research in the keto lifestyle, before you go any further.

S

Sharlaralphie

Awards
Ok, so I put my macros at 120g fat 200g protein and 50g carb. Is that efficient?

H

Hellix2

Awards
I am unable to post links yet, so I used the information that you provided, and assumed that you are still lifting, and live at least a moderately active lifestyle. If this is all true, you will need something like this:

Total Calories: 1,997
Protein: 166g
Fat: 135g
Carbs: 30g

Get some ketone test strips, and monitor your ketone levels consistently. And seriously, do some thorough research on the Ketogenic diet, please. You will be much better off understanding what you are doing, than taking the word of some random dude on a forum.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I'd keep protein at least 1g/lbm Keto or not. Yes I've done Keto, kept my protein 1.2g/lbm at some points and NEVER had trouble maintaining Keto. Gulcogeonesis is supply and demand, the longer you sustain Keto the less your body thinks you need carbs. Btw there is absolutely no difference in weighloss compared to a high carb vs Keto. Calories in, calories out. That's how it works. Carbs will give you better gym performance and fuller muscles while Keto will keep you satiated, good energy levels due to stable blood sugar and has other health benefits but it's not for everyone and I'll only do it on a cut. Before people jump up at me about how it's better blah blah blah I'll post papers if you want. The initial loss on Keto is amazing but also mostly water and glycogen

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I am unable to post links yet, so I used the information that you provided, and assumed that you are still lifting, and live at least a moderately active lifestyle. If this is all true, you will need something like this:

Total Calories: 1,997
Protein: 166g
Fat: 135g
Carbs: 30g

Get some ketone test strips, and monitor your ketone levels consistently. And seriously, do some thorough research on the Ketogenic diet, please. You will be much better off understanding what you are doing, than taking the word of some random dude on a forum.
Keto strips are useless after the first couple of weeks, it's basically a green light saying you're in Keto but you stop pissing it out and using the ketones. I could piss neutral on a ketone strip but measure atleast 1mM on a ketone meter

H

Hellix2

Awards
I'd keep protein at least 1g/lbm Keto or not. Yes I've done Keto, kept my protein 1.2g/lbm at some points and NEVER had trouble maintaining Keto. Gulcogeonesis is supply and demand, the longer you sustain Keto the less your body thinks you need carbs. Btw there is absolutely no difference in weighloss compared to a high carb vs Keto. Calories in, calories out. That's how it works. Carbs will give you better gym performance and fuller muscles while Keto will keep you satiated, good energy levels due to stable blood sugar and has other health benefits but it's not for everyone and I'll only do it on a cut. Before people jump up at me about how it's better blah blah blah I'll post papers if you want. The initial loss on Keto is amazing but also mostly water and glycogen
People can show "papers" for anything ;) I'm just trying to help someone that had cut it both carbs AND fats. Don't need papers to know that's bad.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Why is a high protein, low fat, low carb diet bad? I myself wouldn't go under 65g fat ever but people drop to 50 and do just fine. You never heard of PSMF? Pretty much no carbs or fat, forcing your body to use your own fat as fuel (the purpose of Keto)

Bcr50

Bcr50

Awards
Why is a high protein, low fat, low carb diet bad? I myself wouldn't go under 65g fat ever but people drop to 50 and do just fine. You never heard of PSMF? Pretty much no carbs or fat, forcing your body to use your own fat as fuel (the purpose of Keto)
I'm speaking as a molecular biologist. There is a diverse spectrum of pathways throughout your body that requires either at starting point or through intermediates molecules derived from carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, there is a baseline minimum you need to be a proper functioning organism and, if you drop below it, you will have undesired outcomes.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I'm speaking as a molecular biologist. There is a diverse spectrum of pathways throughout your body that requires either at starting point or through intermediates molecules derived from carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, there is a baseline minimum you need to be a proper functioning organism and, if you drop below it, you will have undesired outcomes.
Yes I agree, doesn't mean people haven't done it for weight loss without success. I didn't say it was a long term diet, it's for people looking to shed weight fast but try hold onto as much muscle as possible otherwise I'd say fasting 3days on/1 day off . Because as you probably know, fasting can actually be very beneficial to the body. We're talking weight loss not being functional haha

Bcr50

Bcr50

Awards
There is a good review from Roger Collier in 2016 that supports the use of fasting for weight loss. However, it should be noted that you still have to have a minimum level of key nutrients for successful long term survival. This is why long term fasted animals ( mainly mice) have higher occurrence of a multitude of negative outcomes, including the development of neoplasms and being less fitted to survive stress.

Don't get me wrong. I am a strong supporter of the manipulation of diet for health gains. It just should be seriously noted to ensure that at least the minimum amounts of essential nutrients are consumed.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
There is a good review from Roger Collier in 2016 that supports the use of fasting for weight loss. However, it should be noted that you still have to have a minimum level of key nutrients for successful long term survival. This is why long term fasted animals ( mainly mice) have higher occurrence of a multitude of negative outcomes, including the development of neoplasms and being less fitted to survive stress.

Don't get me wrong. I am a strong supporter of the manipulation of diet for health gains. It just should be seriously noted to ensure that at least the minimum amounts of essential nutrients are consumed.
Agreed. But also a full profile must like like CR orange triad, I never failed to meet any daily mineral, vitamin needs without it

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Allegedly it leads to abnormalities in the person's hormones, mood and temperament in addition to metabolic impediment.
In my experience, your libido and metabolism falter but I can't really comment on how it impacted my mood otherwise. I was on <50gs fat though