Fat Loss, What to ADD to good diet to Jump Start Metabolism?

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
Hey Folks new to the AM fam. I spent 25 yrs in the Army so the work outs were run, push up, sit up and carry heavy loads. I was injured and ended up paralyzed from my eyes down for 2 yrs and have defied naysayers and am on my feet once again but now I am 80lbs heavier after injury and going through the mental battle of finding my self again. I have been on a Ketodiet for 2 weeks and have started to see results but now I want to look for supplements that help in my muscle growth and weight loss, any suggestions?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Look at some of my logs. I paralyzed, but I know where your coming feom brother

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
learning how to navigate here so how do i get to your Logs?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
learning how to navigate here so how do i get to your Logs?
click his name (drop down to view profile) and look for "latest started threads" on the left side

as for supps, start simple. Creatine mono, a good multi, and good diet will take you very far from this state. Once you'e prgressed a bit, Xgels + anabeta elite is a stellar stack to add some clean size.

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
click his name (drop down to view profile) and look for "latest started threads" on the left side

as for supps, start simple. Creatine mono, a good multi, and good diet will take you very far from this state. Once you'e prgressed a bit, Xgels + anabeta elite is a stellar stack to add some clean size.
Thanks a lot all the advice is welcomed.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Thanks booneman77

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hey Folks new to the AM fam. I spent 25 yrs in the Army so the work outs were run, push up, sit up and carry heavy loads. I was injured and ended up paralyzed from my eyes down for 2 yrs and have defied naysayers and am on my feet once again but now I am 80lbs heavier after injury and going through the mental battle of finding my self again. I have been on a Ketodiet for 2 weeks and have started to see results but now I want to look for supplements that help in my muscle growth and weight loss, any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. Hats off to you man, that's one hell of a story. What are your current macros for keto? And are you currently taking any staple supplements or stimulants? (creatine, fish oil, etc.)

ExLard

Awards
I have a chronic yoyo problem swinging between "strongfat" and obesity, and the supplements I've finally thrown together for this cut have been doing wonders for me. Haphazard supplementing can usually do more harm than good, and it's usually better to patch specific holes in your diet than going broad with a multi and overdosing on Vitamin A.

Common nutrient patches for deficiencies:

These nutrients either require super specific sources to obtain (Vitamin K2) or special conditions (Vitamin D3 requires TONS of sunlight to activate). As a result, most people don't have sufficient levels of them.

Vitamin D3 (Get a big dose, like 5000 IUs)
Vitamin K2
Zinc
Magnesium (I get Magnesium and Zinc through 3 nightly ZMA tabs)
Calcium (Don't overdo this if you eat dairy)
Potassium (Thanks to the FDA limiting pills under 100 mg, you're gonna want a bulk powder for Potassium. I recommend Bulksupplements Potassium Citrate)

Stuff that REALLY helps in losing weight.

High Impact - The stimulants

Caffeine
Ephedrine OR DMAA
Yohimbine

Secondary pathways - Hunger control

A Glucose Disposal Agent (GDA) / Nutrition Partitioner - Supplements that control blood sugar, usually by mimicking insulin with glucose metabolites and dumping sugar into your muscles.

Leptin (satiety hormone) elevators - Keeps you feeling full when you're actually eating like nothing.

Cortisol reducers - Reduces stress hormone and therefore stress eating and water retention.

Luxuries:

Forskolin - This stuff helps a bit by raising cAMP levels in all your cells, it costs like a dollar per day to run though.

Brown fat conversion - Still a little iffy on the research here. I've dropped 9 pounds on BRITE + a whole slew of other stuff:

Evomuse BRITE and Antaeus Labs Lipomorph are two big names in this new line of supps.