How can I lose 3.8 pounds in 7 days?

S

Sensualamber

Awards
FYI. Can't lift weights until August due to surgery.

Help!!!!!

C

Chudmuffin

Awards
Zero carbs and sauna. It will be mostly water weight though

S

Sensualamber

Awards
What is a sample menu? I know I am asking a lot..... but I have a goal in mind.

C

Chudmuffin

Awards
Look up the keto diet. Last time I did keto I lost atleast 5lbs in the first week

S

Sensualamber

Awards
Ok.... I just googled foods with zero carbs. So basically eat eggs and meat. I can do that..... I think!

C

Chudmuffin

Awards
Ok.... I just googled foods with zero carbs. So basically eat eggs and meat. I can do that..... I think!
Just wondering, why do you need to lose exactly 3.8 pounds? Seems odd unless you are competing

S

Sensualamber

Awards
I am going on vacay in 7 days and wanted to set a weight goal for myself. I've been working at it and am 3.8lbs away from goal. No competing......

C

Chudmuffin

Awards
Ah I gotcha, well cut out carbs and up the cardio and you should hit your goal with no problem.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Simple dont eat. Wont be fat but you will lose that much and maybe a bit more.

S

Sensualamber

Awards
Now I can't do that. Lol. I don't want to starve myself.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now I can't do that. Lol. I don't want to starve myself.
Starvation is mostly mental. Once you are keto adapted, a fast can actually be almost a spiritual experience. The amount of endorphins the body releases in a fast is amazing. It is also a damn good way to lose weight.

S

Sensualamber

Awards
I'm not sure I could go w/o. I can maybe use protein meal replacement shakes, but wouldn't I need to eat something an hour to thirty minutes before doing cardio to keep from passing out or at the very least becoming dizzy? I recently purchased an introductory supply of a nutrition drink high in protein.

C

Chudmuffin

Awards
If you do go low carb, read labels. Hidden carbs everywhere

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure I could go w/o. I can maybe use protein meal replacement shakes, but wouldn't I need to eat something an hour to thirty minutes before doing cardio to keep from passing out or at the very least becoming dizzy? I recently purchased an introductory supply of a nutrition drink high in protein.
Are you diabetic? If no then the answer is no. You can work out, lift, jog, Sprint, have sex, etc while fasted for almost a month, without any negatives happening. You might feel weak(that's a given) but once you give your muscles food again you will gain ever thing back almost instantly. Also the big thing is becoming keto adapted before starting the fast, if not it will be miserable!!!! How to you think are ancient ancestors did it when the were hunting mammoth and other sh!t. We have the same DNA

S

Sensualamber

Awards
No im not diabetic...... and I don't want to gain once I eat either. I think I will try the low carb. I want the weight loss to last.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No im not diabetic...... and I don't want to gain once I eat either. I think I will try the low carb. I want the weight loss to last.
I'm not trying to push you to do anything, do what works for you. Also you wont gain fat back once you add calories, unless you are dumb about. You will put back on muscles though, as you never truly lost it. Trick to coming out of a fast is to slowly add back carbs(calories to but more so carbs than anything). If done properly you may actually make your tdee higher than before

S

Sensualamber

Awards
Ok. You guys know more than I do. I haven't fasted before so I'm not totally familiar with the effects.... and I'm being serious. I joined this site to learn and ask this specific question. So keep it coming.... convince me.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok. You guys know more than I do. I haven't fasted before so I'm not totally familiar with the effects.... and I'm being serious. I joined this site to learn and ask this specific question. So keep it coming.... convince me.
If it's a short period I wouldn't​ do it, other than like 3or 4 days to reach a goal. As a fast takes a while. As you need to spend about a month doing a keto diet to become keto adapted then another 21-28 days of not eating. Great fatloss results can be made. However it has clear negatives to it. It also take a huge commitment and is very hard to stick it through

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Look up the keto diet. Last time I did keto I lost atleast 5lbs in the first week
Keto is always a good way to cut weight so i'd recommend giving that a shot. Don't go cold turkey on the carbs but slowly decrease carbs.