Body fat percentage

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_20170522_052213_596.jpg

This is me.
I'm trying to cut down to 8% bf and am having a hard time guaging it. If I use an online body fat calculator I come up as 16%. But if I use calipers and measure everywhere I get 6%... I've extremely vasular(veins through my abs up into my pectoral). However not too much leg definition or an definition. This is the pose my abs look best in. Any input would be appreciated.

yotreeman

yotreeman

Awards
You look like you need a good bulk tbh. *shrug*

Regardless, you're pretty damn low. You might actually be single digits right now. Very doubtful that you're at 16%. Your abs and legs likely have no definition because they aren't actually well-developed.

Martinfenn92

Awards

Regardless, you're pretty damn low. You might actually be single digits right now. Very doubtful that you're at 16%. Your abs and legs likely have no definition because they aren't actually well-developed.
Agree with Yo. Lack of definition will be due to Lack of muscle mass. Going by look I'd personally say you're around the 10-12% range

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I am starting my next lean bulk after I reach my goal. I gained 28 lbs on my last bulk because I got reckless. I'm trying to cut back to where I was.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with Yo. Lack of definition will be due to Lack of muscle mass. Going by look I'd personally say you're around the 10-12% range
I was thinking 11% so exactly on track that'd give me another 5 lbs. Or 3 weeks.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Put some mass on before you start cutting to ridiculously low bf or you'll just look like a skinny weed.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would say you're near 10%. I would agree with the others above, you would probably be better off doing a lean bulk or recomp. You already have solid vascualrity and visible abs, what makes you want to be even leaner? I would focus on eating at or slightly above maintenance and work on putting some size on your frame. What's your current weight?

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started my lean bulk yesterday, I'm currently down to 151

yotreeman

yotreeman

Awards
I am starting my next lean bulk after I reach my goal. I gained 28 lbs on my last bulk because I got reckless. I'm trying to cut back to where I was.
There's absolutely no reason to cut without a good solid base of muscle. All you're doing is hindering your progress, trying to drop to such a low body fat percentage when you're still skinny as ****.

If you're so terrified of fat gain, go on a long-term/indefinite lean bulk. 28 pounds is great, even if only 15 of it is lean mass. You shouldn't have shifted into reverse so hard. If you actually want to get built, you can't go bulemic every time you start losing a little definition.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That'd take me years to accomplish that in muscle gain..

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not if you inject [strike]dianabol[/strike] creatine
If I could find a place to get dbol or tren I would I just don't know of a source. If you have one I wouldn't mind a PM, I know sourcing isn't allowed on here. And yes haha I know my chest is slacking.. I'll blame genetics for that one.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
If I could find a place to get dbol or tren I would I just don't know of a source. If you have one I wouldn't mind a PM, I know sourcing isn't allowed on here. And yes haha I know my chest is slacking.. I'll blame genetics for that one.
I am going to sound like a d!ck-and deserve it-but being unwilling to work the process and wanting to dbol your way to the finish line isn't a mental frame that will get you to your goals-on bodybuilding or life.
If your goals are worth having, they are worth investing TIME in

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have a good base to work with. You're pretty damn lean, and you do have a decent amount of muscle, but I agree with people saying you'd be better off doing a lean bulk than cutting further. There's not much more muscle you have to reveal, where you have potential to build a lot more muscle, which will actually help you look better and really make your muscles stand out and take advantage of your leanness, even if that means gaining a bit of fat along with the muscle. Bulking up a bit will really help you build your chest, as well as lat width, and arm development that will take your physique to the next level.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Bulk bulk bulk!! I wish I was as lean as you to be in a position to look forward to a nice long bulking phase. You've a good base now go for it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am going to sound like a d!ck-and deserve it-but being unwilling to work the process and wanting to dbol your way to the finish line isn't a mental frame that will get you to your goals-on bodybuilding or life.
If your goals are worth having, they are worth investing TIME in
Yeah you kinda do sound like a dick. Its his body and his life... Who are you to tell him how to "achieve his goals". Its pretty obvious this guy is in the shape he's in by doing the hard work.

I'm in agreement op... Lean bulk. If that's all natural you have some absurd genetics

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you kinda do sound like a dick. Its his body and his life... Who are you to tell him how to "achieve his goals". Its pretty obvious this guy is in the shape he's in by doing the hard work.

I'm in agreement op... Lean bulk. If that's all natural you have some absurd genetics
Appreciate it, but what do you mean by if it's all natural I have some absurd genetics?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate it, but what do you mean by if it's all natural I have some absurd genetics?
I think your sitting at 8-9% bf. And your muscle has that grainy vascular look that people would kill to have. Most people use drugs to achieve the conditioning you have and are still unable to achieve that look.

I think if you build some good muscle over say the course of a year/year and a half on a lean bulk you won't regret it. Thinking long term you may not be quite as lean but when the time comes to cut down again you will see the definition and popping effect your looking for. That wow factor. You have great genetics. They're are all types of factors involved in training dieting etc. One thing you can't manipulate is genetics

APC80

APC80

Awards
I think your sitting at 8-9% bf. And your muscle has that grainy vascular look that people would kill to have. Most people use drugs to achieve the conditioning you have and are still unable to achieve that look.

I think if you build some good muscle over say the course of a year/year and a half on a lean bulk you won't regret it. Thinking long term you may not be quite as lean but when the time comes to cut down again you will see the definition and popping effect your looking for. That wow factor. You have great genetics. They're are all types of factors involved in training dieting etc. One thing you can't manipulate is genetics
And some people complain about being an ectomorph..

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established

My d!ckishness comes in reaction to the all-to-prevalent attitude of "I want to be huge and lean tomorrow and can you give me a pill that will get me there".
Maybe it is a generational thing, but progress takes time. . .
You're right-I am no one to judge, just a guy on an Internet forum: where the OP came to be judged for the record. . .

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I might sound like a d1ck, why not want it in a day. You want to work your whole life for retirement to say I earned that. Forget that nonsense. But that's just me.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah kid, you shouldn't touch dbol or tren. YOU ARE TINY....you're 150lbs.

To the genetics comments. Hard work can trump genetics. I got much leaner than the OP and was 20lbs heavier at probably the same height "natty" (clen and trt)

There's a photo in my log at a week out I think at 170lbs

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/289981-2017-season.html

Edit: no it's not in that thread it's in the AM physique critique thread in pic section.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah kid, you shouldn't touch dbol or tren. YOU ARE TINY....you're 150lbs.

To the genetics comments. Hard work can trump genetics. I got much leaner than the OP and was 20lbs heavier at probably the same height "natty" (clen and trt)

There's a photo in my log at a week out I think at 170lbs

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/289981-2017-season.html

Edit: no it's not in that thread it's in the AM physique critique thread in pic section.
Hard work can Trump genetics however hard work and genetics unbeatable. Phil Heath end of discussion... guy doesn't work half as hard as most of the guys out there competing in mr. O

Bro I've seen you lately posting all this stuff coming in like you know it all. I've seen your photos you don't look that good you don't have the genetics keep working hard see where where It get you. You can compete you'll just never be at the top... and by the way Clen and trt is not Natty LOL

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hard work can Trump genetics however hard work and genetics unbeatable. Phil Heath end of discussion... guy doesn't work half as hard as most of the guys out there competing in mr. O

Bro I've seen you lately posting all this stuff coming in like you know it all. I've seen your photos you don't look that good you don't have the genetics keep working hard see where where It get you. You can compete you'll just never be at the top... and by the way Clen and trt is not Natty LOL
Yeah man my genetics are horrible. I figured that out about 5 years ago. Being skinny fat isn't that cool.

How is trt not natty if levels are within a normal range?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Pro Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Pics 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 4
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 12
Weight Loss 14