42 year old trying to lose weight

CTBODYBUILDER

Awards
I am a 42 year old male who did bodybuilding for 12 years. The past 2 years I took off due to injury (bicep tendon) and just being completely burnt out to be quite honest. I have been dieting for 5 months now and have lost 14lbs. This has been with VERY strict dieting and low doses of supplements (test, clen, T3, Nolva). I have lost an average of 2.8 lb per MONTH which is getting to be quite frustrating. Looking to do a competition soon I need for the process to speed up but curious if it is my metabolism that is messed up. Can someone relate or give advice?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to the Supplement section, under Supplement Companies, and scroll down to RXS. The thread "Radiate Role Call" and there are discount codes for 2 new flavors for $19 and $22. Read the logs and the comments, Radiate is nothing short of legit!! The jug is a 45 day supply at 1 scoop a day. Cant go wrong with it. Any further questions, you can ask me or MonteCedillo and @ TheMyth. Good luck

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to the Supplement section, under Supplement Companies, and scroll down to RXS. The thread "Radiate Role Call" and there are discount codes for 2 new flavors for $19 and $22. Read the logs and the comments, Radiate is nothing short of legit!! The jug is a 45 day supply at 1 scoop a day. Cant go wrong with it. Any further questions, you can ask me or MonteCedillo and @ TheMyth. Good luck

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I am a 42 year old male who did bodybuilding for 12 years. The past 2 years I took off due to injury (bicep tendon) and just being completely burnt out to be quite honest. I have been dieting for 5 months now and have lost 14lbs. This has been with VERY strict dieting and low doses of supplements (test, clen, T3, Nolva). I have lost an average of 2.8 lb per MONTH which is getting to be quite frustrating. Looking to do a competition soon I need for the process to speed up but curious if it is my metabolism that is messed up. Can someone relate or give advice?
Welcome to the forum. Have you been tracking your nutrition and calorie intake over the last 5 months? What is your current diet and training?

It sounds like you've jumped into using the more serious thermogenic products right from the start. 2.8 pounds per month is a little slow, but it's still progress. Are you currently doing any cardio? My go-to protocol for fat loss plateaus is fasted cardio with yohimbine hcl or alpha-yohimbine. I would caution against stacking clen or t3 with yohimbine, but I'm sure some users have done it. Alpha-yohimbine might be a good alternative to y-hcl. TA-2 Max is a great alpha-y product that is a great addition if you're considering adding in some fasted cardio to break your plateau

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're on T3, clen, and Test - and you know it's legit - then your issue is calories. Go back to maintenance cals for a week or two and then start to drop under what you're eating now.
5 months of dieting isn't fun.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
woody does OL have anything that works like t3 or clen?

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Step one, get you a fat caliper. You could be burning 4 pounds of fat and adding a pound or two of muscle. Which is pretty good! If that's not the case,I would lower your carbs and try intermittent fasting. Are you staying inside your macros?

Whorid

Whorid

Awards
I'm really a firm believer in getting everything you need from real food and just supplement the things you can't get in your daily intake. If you eat clean and train consistently, you will lose weight...guaranteed. Keep it simple, this way you can keep it up without taking a bunch of drugs or supplements. Your body will thank you in the long run

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
Hey Folks new to the AM fam. I spent 25 yrs in the Army so the work outs were run, push up, sit up and carry heavy loads. I was injured and ended up paralyzed from my eyes down for 2 yrs and have defied naysayers and am on my feet once again but now I am 80lbs heavier after injury and going through the mental battle of finding my self again. I have been on a Ketodiet for 2 weeks and have started to see results but now I want to look for supplements that help in my muscle growth and weight loss, any suggestions?

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Hey Folks new to the AM fam. I spent 25 yrs in the Army so the work outs were run, push up, sit up and carry heavy loads. I was injured and ended up paralyzed from my eyes down for 2 yrs and have defied naysayers and am on my feet once again but now I am 80lbs heavier after injury and going through the mental battle of finding my self again. I have been on a Ketodiet for 2 weeks and have started to see results but now I want to look for supplements that help in my muscle growth and weight loss, any suggestions?
I like the idea of the Keto diet to jump start your diet! Do you know what your macro are? Are you doing cardio?

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
my macro number daily are less than 18grams carb daily or less protein 200grams 98 grams fat try to hit 55% of daily amount in fat 35% in protein under 10% carbs. Cardio 4 days a week HIIT bike 30 sec sprint 90 sec rest 20-30 mim

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
my macro number daily are less than 18grams carb daily or less protein 200grams 98 grams fat try to hit 55% of daily amount in fat 35% in protein under 10% carbs. Cardio 4 days a week HIIT bike 30 sec sprint 90 sec rest 20-30 mim
Yeah! You're on your way! I personally don't take fat burners. I take L-Cartine with CLA. I take a pre workout for energy and BCAAs because I train fasted. As far as building muscle I am on TRT from my doctor/which at 46 has really helped me! Whey Protein if you need not eating enough and just need the protein. Get on you tube and look at advanced training! I train one body part a day and train for over an hour. I am sure there are more people on here that has experienced more supplements than me.

brian7g2b

brian7g2b

Awards
thanks bud i really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
thanks bud i really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
You're welcome, I seen your question and thought I would try and help. Looks like you doing the right stuff! It just takes time. I struggle with it myself. My new scale shows my body fat so it keeps dropping every week. As you know the weight doesn't always go down lol I am on a similar diet as well