Can anyone estimate my bodyfat % ?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks hope you dont mind me posting this on here.

Currently been cutting these last couple weeks and just wondered what bodyfat % im roughly around? Just to give me an idea on how long i should cut.

Thanks. Appreciate any feedback

Attachments

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
16-18%

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
My guess would be a bit lower than that. Probably getting close to 12

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
My guess is 14-16%.. At 12% I think you'd be able to see your abs a bit more, but who knows.. Genetics.

Have you had visible abs in the past?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Hard to judge from one photo but I'd guess 13-14% at most, definitely nowhere near 18% you've too much definition and vascularity to be that high. Some people just don't have good abs and need to work harder for them to show.

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
My only thought on 12% is because that's when you initially start to see the "birth" of the 6 pack. You seem to be on the edge. Great pectoral definition and what not

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was on my phone when I made my initial guess, but now that I'm on my computer I think it's closer to 13-15%.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My guess is 14-16%.. At 12% I think you'd be able to see your abs a bit more, but who knows.. Genetics.

Have you had visible abs in the past?
Nah ive never seen them clearly. I can make them appear with an ab flex. I still work them though (2 x a week)

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Nah ive never seen them clearly. I can make them appear with an ab flex. I still work them though (2 x a week)
Nice work, you aren't far diet wise for a couple weeks from seeing them.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
12-15% seems about right. Probably closer to 12% though. It's hard to really know from a picture. You're looking pretty good though.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah i'd prob say 15% if you put on a bit more muscle would look really good, also if you dropped another 3-5% i dont see why you would need to do anymore because you should look pretty darn good(unless competing)

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys i appreciate all the comments. Im gonna remain on the cut for another 2-4 weeks and then just start a lean bulk from thier. I was very overweight a few years back so to hear folk say some good comments on my physique makes me feel a ton better as ive put in alot of time and effort to get into shape. Thanks

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I would say between 12-14 tops. If you were lower abs would be more visible then they are. Still have some mild vascularity and definition so I personally would say no higher then 14% tops.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks guys i appreciate all the comments. Im gonna remain on the cut for another 2-4 weeks and then just start a lean bulk from thier. I was very overweight a few years back so to hear folk say some good comments on my physique makes me feel a ton better as ive put in alot of time and effort to get into shape. Thanks
You're definitely killing it, i would suggest doing ab roll outs, plank reaches, weighted crunches and HEAVY cable chops to build those abs up... alternate 1 to 2 times each week/fortnight depending on whether you are doing heavy complex lifts that week or not.

Also get rid of those gloves (unless you were pulling a rope or something like that)

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update.jpg

Update on the cut so far. Can see a little more definition? How much longer should i cut do you guys think?

I wish i had pics from when i was at my highest weight (15 stone) Im around 11 stone 5 just now so would be a fair difference!

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're definitely killing it, i would suggest doing ab roll outs, plank reaches, weighted crunches and HEAVY cable chops to build those abs up... alternate 1 to 2 times each week/fortnight depending on whether you are doing heavy complex lifts that week or not.

Also get rid of those gloves (unless you were pulling a rope or something like that)
I just use gloves to keep the hands in a good state. I dont think gloves would cause any issues ?

I do an ab workout x2 a week. Leg raises ' Windmills ' Cable crunches ' Ab Roll's and then i always finish with weighted decline sit up's. This should hopefully give them some mass in time

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Forget all those ab exercises and throw in a 5x5 deadlift session every week. That will get ur abs popping.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forget all those ab exercises and throw in a 5x5 deadlift session every week. That will get ur abs popping.
That better than isolations? Ive never been a deadlift type of person but they seem to be awesome for overall body compostion by the sounds of it?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah better for overall growth and great for abdominal development if you use correct form. Here's a great vid to help you work out your setup:

5x5 be more than enough? I might just start incorporating these each week? That video explains them perfectly. I was always afraid of injury from them as it can be common?

APC80

APC80

Awards
I just use gloves to keep the hands in a good state. I dont think gloves would cause any issues ?

I do an ab workout x2 a week. Leg raises ' Windmills ' Cable crunches ' Ab Roll's and then i always finish with weighted decline sit up's. This should hopefully give them some mass in time
I wear gloves every time I train upper body but people slag me for it. I just can't be bothered carrying them in my pocket and taking them on and off for certain exercises. Never used to wear them but then I cut up my hands doing pull-ups and face pulls one day and it affected my job so was forced to start wearing them dunno why people get so funny about it. I suppose it's ok for the pen pushers sitting in an office all day.