SKD Macro Breakdown

davidg91

Awards
Some background,
6'4 295 25-30% BF
Exercise Daily mainly hard cardio (did 4 miles today at 8:30 pace) with some upper body weight lifting.
I played D1 football and after about 5 years off my muscle has turned to mush
Goal is to lose weight

I started SKD on Monday. I have been consuming roughly 2200-2300 calories a day. I have strictly stayed under 20g of carbs but my protein has only been roughly 150g. I read some of Wimsicles posts and feel like my protein intake is to low. I also am worried that I am not eating quite right. I used coconut oil or kerrygold butter when cooking. I eat 2-4 eggs every morning with a little sausage and cheese. Then i rotate between chicken, ground beef, turkey burgers, or grass fed pork and beef sausage. I sometimes add cream cheese or sour cream or onions and green peppers. Depending how my macros look on MyFitnessPal.

I have a couple questions.
Am I doing ok?

Is MCT oil a must?

Can I take a thermo fat loss pill?

I have been drinking 6oz of chicken stock iz that ok?

I havent felt bad at all, is that normal?
Thanks in advance for anyone who answers

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Standard keto diet

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
What you are doing looks fine, however I think you should do 0.8-1g protein per LBM (total weight minus body fat %). In this case let's guess 28% by..

212g protein.
Is the chicken stock Okay? Well that depends.. What are the macros of it. Did you make it yourself?

Mct oil is not a must, but it does help for energy. You get mct in your coconut oil, but it's not pure mct.

Yes you can take a thermo. EC stack, or whatever you may desire. :)

If u got more Q's feel free to ask

davidg91

Awards
Thanks for the reply. I take Liprodrene, which I have taken before with great success. Also use CLA with some L-Carnitine.

So what would upping my protein to that amount break my macros down to percentage wise? (Too cheap to pay for MFP)

The chicken stock is pretty much for sodium. No carbs, fat or protein.

davidg91

Awards
Also what should I keep my calories at to optimize weight loss?

Do you use urine strips to measure ketones?

I've also read people using green (veggie) powders a couple days a week to make up for not eating much veggies. Is this needed?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn as I am new to all this. Used to having to eat 4-5k calories to bulk for football. Lol started college at 220 and graduated at 320

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I take Liprodrene, which I have taken before with great success. Also use CLA with some L-Carnitine.

So what would upping my protein to that amount break my macros down to percentage wise? (Too cheap to pay for MFP)

The chicken stock is pretty much for sodium. No carbs, fat or protein.
The reason I asked bout chicken stock is because some people make their own and then neglect that their is fat/whatver else they cooked their chicken with in it. That's all there :)

As far as using MFP percentages... Just get the percentages as close as you can to your macros and then go off of grams.
Macros at a 20% deficit for you would be as followed:

Calories: 2161
Protein: 212g
Fat: 137g
Carbs: 20g or less net carbs (total carb - fiber)

This link below is a neat tool (if using chrome or firefox) to have MFP automatically calculate your net carbs. You need to make sure you have the carbs and fiber column selected in your breakdown though, and tampermonkey installed. It's useful imo to make things easier.

https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

I've never used Liprodrene before, so not much of a comment there. If you want to chat fat burners and get a lot better opinions than me, i'd create a new thread asking or search for one thats already in progress. When I cut 40lb's last, my supplements consisted of Protein, MCT, L-Carn-L-Tartrate, Creatine, PWO, Magnesium Citrate, no-salt (potassium), and sodium.

On the green veggie powder stuff... idk. My thoughts are just eat whole foods and don't try 'gaming' the system. Not to mention, eating dense leafy greens, broccoli, asparagus, etc... is going to be more satiating anyways as volume as well as calories makes you full. For instance, if you blended up a protein shake, it will keep you more full than if you used a shaker cup. This is because it packs more air into your shake which in turn makes you feel more full. Volume. However, most don't struggle with hunger on keto, especially after fat adaptation.

Don't waste money on pee strips. They measure acetoacetate. Your goal is to not be pissing ketones out, but rather using them as your primary fuel source. If they are a feel good thing for you, eventually they will stop working as you will begin using most ketones. Remember, there is more than one form of ketone, just like there is more than one form of sugar. It'd be silly to waste the money.

If you are truly curious about whether you are in ketosis, you'd want to buy a blood ketone meter. Keep in mind, this is still an expensive route, but much more accurate and you can start playing with how fasting, amount of carbs, etc. plays with your blood ketone levels.

At the end of the day, you can't cheat the system. If you consistently eat under 20g net carbs a day.. you'll be in ketosis. You'll know when you are in, and when you are out after being in long enough.

I think you are doing great, just tweak your macros to the above and let it rip :)

Cheers mate

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I'll second the strips, I occasionally try on nowadays, I haven't been in Keto for months according to them with eating under 30g carbs for 7 months haha a meter is the way forward if you want to know

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I used them as first when I was a keto-noob :) but ultimately, through research, studying, and now common-sense.. they are no more than a first week gratification of "i'm in" haha