Excess skin and maybe gyno.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
18 y/o male been lifting for 6 years. I started at 294 lbs I've lost 60 lbs since December I'm looking to cut another 20-40 lbs. I've noticed my skin appears to be wrinkly and prunny on my chest and belly. I've also noticed my manboobs have gotten smaller but the area under and around the nipple has stayed the same size and feels almost rubbery unlike fat. Do you think that is weight induced gyno? Do you guys have any suggestions other then surgery? Thanks!

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
I think it's only real gyno if there's hard lumps under the nipple area..
Otherwise it's just trapped fat

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
It could be gyno, excess skin, or it could be the breast gland tissue that has grown over time due to your size, maybe even both. Being overweight does have increased estrogen sides unfortunately.

At this point don't think too much about it. Just keep training and dieting like I assume you've been doing and go from there. It will shrink and tighten back up, give it time though.

necrojb

Awards
Gyno tissue feels nothing like fat and is directly attached to the underside of the nipple (we all have some tissue there..it's what keeps the nipple from inverting)

Unless you get super lean you won't really know what amount is fat and what is gyno tissue as fat typically gets infused into the gyno tissue making it hard to gauge.

I had gyno from puberty - and ended up being very overweight after starting my engineering degrees. I lost about 160 lbs and ended up having my gyno surgrically removed along with a tummy tuck. Best decision(s) of my life although expensive. If you have firmness to your nipples and they seem to "protrude" you had some form of gyno, 9 out of 10 times. In my case my weight gain also led to the enlargement of my areola area which still bothers me but it is what it is.

If your chest skin is stretched you'll always look a bit blah in the area unless you fill it up with tons of muscle (i.e. juice hard and get super jacked) - I am not willing to do this personally but I am fine with my appearance and happy to take my shirt off these days.

Like mentioned, give it time and definitely get to a level of leanness you are happy with before making any decisions in terms of surgery etc if you go that route. But a surgeon can also examine you and let you know if its fat or tissue.

Fishermanzz2

Awards
I suggest seeing a doctor about that one.