2000 calorie Deficit Questions

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So I have been doing around 3 weeks of dieting where my average caloric deficit is 1900-2000 due to physical work and eating clean foods, and taking Hydroxy Elite

I have lost around 14 lbs in 3 weeks, and still take creatine / drink a gallon a day. However I have not been training with weights due to an injury where I unfortunately can't grip anything. Should get back to the weights next week finally.

I am curious what should my steps be too resuming proper dieting without shocking the body? Should I cut my deficit to 1000 for the remaining 10 days of my diet and then do a few days of 500 deficit...eventually resuming maintenance for around a week? After that I'd like to lean bulk of about +300 calories. My protein intake is around 140-180g so yes it has been less than I'd have desired. Surely I couldn't have lost that much muscle though, coming off a massive 6 month dirty bulk (151-185lbs)

Any opinions on what to expect? Thanks!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I'd read a bit more about reverse dieting. Personally, I'd take it a bit slower. Maybe up it 500 per week until you hit maintenance, then stay there for a couple weeks before increasing 2-300? Patience and monitoring the mirror, scale, and tape measure are all key.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I'd read a bit more about reverse dieting. Personally, I'd take it a bit slower. Maybe up it 500 per week until you hit maintenance, then stay there for a couple weeks before increasing 2-300? Patience and monitoring the mirror, scale, and tape measure are all key.
I have noticed a tremendous difference so far as I've lost 15 lbs. is reverse dieting where you slowly increase while still under maintenance until you reach maintenance, so you don't rebound and regain the weight?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Reverse dieting is a good way to stay lean but the problem is you end up needing to eat a lot in the end to gain weight. I did it last year and was still losing weight at 2800 calories and I was already lean as **** which lead to frustration which lead to me dirty bulking. I think it's only really useful if ya have more fat to lose and you've plateaued to reset your metabolism which means you can cut again on more calories. If you're going into a bulk I wouldn't recommend it. Go to maintenance for a couple of weeks and just add 1-200 cals a week till you're gaining.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Reverse dieting is a good way to stay lean but the problem is you end up needing to eat a lot in the end to gain weight. I did it last year and was still losing weight at 2800 calories and I was already lean as **** which lead to frustration which lead to me dirty bulking. I think it's only really useful if ya have more fat to lose and you've plateaued to reset your metabolism which means you can cut again on more calories. If you're going into a bulk I wouldn't recommend it. Go to maintenance for a couple of weeks and just add 1-200 cals a week till you're gaining.
Ok great. I can't believe how much weight I've already lost (4 lbs a week) but that was a result of me eating 2000+ over maintenance for 3 months in a dirty bulk....never again will I dirty bulk. Gonna drop my deficit to 1000-1100 daily to shed a few more lbs, then do a week at -500....then maintenance for a couple of weeks....can't wait to hit the weights again after a month off

APC80

APC80

Awards
Ok great. I can't believe how much weight I've already lost (4 lbs a week) but that was a result of me eating 2000+ over maintenance for 3 months in a dirty bulk....never again will I dirty bulk. Gonna drop my deficit to 1000-1100 daily to shed a few more lbs, then do a week at -500....then maintenance for a couple of weeks....can't wait to hit the weights again after a month off
I know mate I've a habit of dirty bulking then I get pissed off when I have to cut. Good job on the weight loss may as well get lean as ya can then go for it with muscle memory gains should come quick. Do you not get hungry at that much of a deficit? I'm a moody prick on a 500 cal deficit lol

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I know mate I've a habit of dirty bulking then I get pissed off when I have to cut. Good job on the weight loss may as well get lean as ya can then go for it with muscle memory gains should come quick. Do you not get hungry at that much of a deficit? I'm a moody prick on a 500 cal deficit lol
hydroxy elite takes care of the hunger haha

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I've got a fat burner on hand this time I hope it works as well as hydroxy elite does for you lol start my cut on monday so I'll find out
which one did you pick up?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Definitely do a log for that I'm interested
Well I'm gonna be using ostarine, s4 andarine and GW cardarine along with it so might be hard to tell what's doing what but woke up early this morning and was tired so took a code red pill and it perked me up. Not a speedy or jittery feeling but i felt more alert. Took dogs to the beach and when I got back I didn't feel like eating breakfast and sort of had to force it down me so seemed to curb my appetite and lately I've been really hungry all the time so it seems to work. Went to gym, came home and still feel alert where usually I start to feel sleepy around this time if I've woke up really early especially after a hard workout. Gonna take another with lunch and see how that goes.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm gonna be using ostarine, s4 andarine and GW cardarine along with it so might be hard to tell what's doing what but woke up early this morning and was tired so took a code red pill and it perked me up. Not a speedy or jittery feeling but i felt more alert. Took dogs to the beach and when I got back I didn't feel like eating breakfast and sort of had to force it down me so seemed to curb my appetite and lately I've been really hungry all the time so it seems to work. Went to gym, came home and still feel alert where usually I start to feel sleepy around this time if I've woke up really early especially after a hard workout. Gonna take another with lunch and see how that goes.
Oh wow you've got a good cycle lined up