John Kiefer's Carb Nite - Did he ever update to 2.0?

1. John Kiefer's Carb Nite - Did he ever update to 2.0?

In 2015, there was some buzz that John Kiefer was updating his Carb Nite course to 2.0.

Did that ever happen? I can't find it, anywhere.

If it didn't happen, anyone know why not? Why would he announce it and then drop it?
    That avatar is not me. It's what I imagine as my ideal body.
    Follow my Fat Loss Log For My Final 20 Pounds...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/289941-kaprice-goes-final.html

2. Was never released. Two things I'm told, further study on the research backing his claims (has been a target for his works for a long time and wanted to cut off as much of the criticism as possible). Secondly he had a few personal issues (family & legally to deal with). He has released/talked about some of his new methods and things he's discovered during his podcasts & interviews. I've been using a hybrid Carb Backloading & Carb Nite for years with pretty consistent success, I'm also waiting on more of his findings & new protocol in 2.0.
    •   

3. Yeah, he took a lot of heat for awhile there due to the fact that some of his claims were flat out disputed and proven false. Really like his ideas, but he seems to rub a lot of people in the industry the wrong way and therefore has a lot of enemies (which we all know this industry is a giant popularity contest)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

4. Oh? I hadn't heard about the disputed and false claims. Is that why he's disappeared? Which claims were challenged?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/289941-kaprice-goes-final.html

5. Wow! Looks like he's admitted it.

http://www.fitnflexed.com/article/jo...kloading-wrong

I'm totally surprised. He had so much "research" and testimonials.

I hate this industry!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kaprice View Post
    Wow! Looks like he's admitted it.

http://www.fitnflexed.com/article/jo...kloading-wrong

I'm totally surprised. He had so much "research" and testimonials.

I hate this industry!
    Yeah, it was a bit of a mess and I'm certain that's why he disappeared. Frankly, I think a lot of it was just exaggerated (from both sides) as many HAVE seen results following a similar protocol. I just think he went a bit overboard preaching "cherry pie" and "donuts" as the best ways to do it while the other side just simply chastised the entire idea of carbs in the evening. Like every diet, theres a balance to it and eating all garbage food surely isn't the answer and anyone with enough knowledge to function should get that.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  7. John Kiefer's Carb Nite - Did he ever update to 2.0?

Like all foods sugar in and of itself isn't bad when used at the proper times. So I took the best parts of what he had to offer and used my experience to navigate/use/incorporate them into my current diet protocol.

8. "Eh, this gonna open up a can of worms" I can't believe how much I keep seeing this beginning quote every time I search on the latest news on carb nite. Almost every thread references this answer from a podcast that happened a few years ago.

First of all, Kiefer is still active on twitter, he keeps posting the same stuff he's been posting since 2011.
    Second of all. No one knows how to read that answer in that page. It's frustrating. It should be taken down to be honest with you.

Read this sentence:

"It’s very distinctly insulin plus glucose."

Which means, all the stuff he talked about, when avoiding foods or ingredients that causes insulin responses, like acesulfame potassium or proteins, doesn't matter. It's when your insulin gets spiked as a result of glucose, where you run into problems.

What's so hard about understanding any of this? Why is the internet full of people who skim words and arriving at a conclusion before finishing anything? What part of the above disproves carb backloading? Anyone? Can anyone tell me? It doesn't. Even of story.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CJuggernaut View Post
    I've been using a hybrid Carb Backloading & Carb Nite for years with pretty consistent success
    Would you be willing to share some of your modifications to create your hybrid?

10. I can tell you what I did... I did Bulletproof diet Intermittent Fasting + Carb Nite. Which is really eating between 2pm to 8pm. And going to bed at the right times around 11pm and waking at 6-7am.

Basically Dave Asprey grabbed a lot of information from Kiefer, and applied it to his own protocol to create an excellent roadmap. Unfortunately, Asprey never credited Kiefer for any of it, you can hear about it from Kiefer's thoughts about Bulletproof and Asprey floating around the internet. In summary, Kiefer isn't too keen about it.

But I use the Bulletproof Intermittent fasting as a guideline of what to eat and what not to eat, and in truth, I been getting way more success on that, than following carb nite.

I did learn though, that MCT oil is considered harmful for non athletes, if you ever work out you would like to add MCT for your workouts. But for non-athletes, coconut oil is the way to go. Not grassfed butter, or any kind of butter.. just coconut oil.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. John kiefer "carb backloading"
    By Rush8780 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Wea Did He Go
    By AuggieC in forum MMA
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
  3. How did this ever survive.
    By MaDmaN in forum General Chat