Which one should I do..

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to cut.. but also keep my hormones good. Thyroid, Testosterone etc.. I have read Keto helps hormones because of the fat.. but I have also read Carbs help testosterone en T4 to convert to T3 (thyroid)..soo help me decide.

I took my body fat is 22.5%
I weight 215..so my lbm is 168lb

my two options is cutting with 2300 calories.

Keto 65% of it will be fat..and 30% will be protein..

which is 166g of fat and 167-172g of protein less than 20g of carbs (brocolli, etc)

But the other option is 0.45g fat per lbm which is 76g of Fat

1.0g protein which is 168g of protein

the rest of complex carbs.

Which one do you suggest.

Blindstack

Blindstack

Awards
I'm trying to stay keto. I was 21.9% when I started in Feb. I'm around 18% now...While still developing muscle.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keto works for preserving muscle while in deficit. Other diets, you will usually lose more muscle
if you are not on anabolics.

CJuggernaut

CJuggernaut

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nothing has show/proven keto to be better or worse then higher carb/protein low fat diets. Best bet to to find a diet that you can consistently adhere to, this is where most people fail.

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I also read keto helps with people that have some insulin resistance problem. I usually gain weight on my love handles first.. which is a sign of it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also read keto helps with people that have some insulin resistance problem. I usually gain weight on my love handles first.. which is a sign of it.
That could just be where you hold your fat. A lot of men hold most of their fat in their love handle area/lower back.

As far as keto, I am not a big fn of it. I did follow the anabolic diet as my first diet, to get myself lean, but I then learned it mostly comes down to calories in versus calories out. Yes, certain diets work better for certain people, based off body fat levels, insulin response, etc, but for the majority of people, a deficit in calories is just fine. Like you mentioned earlier, carbs do play an important role with different functions within our body. Here is a good article about that.

https://biotest.t-nation.com/articles/5-scientific-reasons-to-eat-carbs

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I would go with which ever you prefer, i work well with both and can keep up intensity running keto or with low fat, i am currently running PSMF, which is mod to high protein and low to minimal carbs and fats and surprisingly feel better than when i was running keto. I am also maintaining my strength quite well despite only in taking around 1000-1100 calories per day.

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I would go with which ever you prefer, i work well with both and can keep up intensity running keto or with low fat, i am currently running PSMF, which is mod to high protein and low to minimal carbs and fats and surprisingly feel better than when i was running keto. I am also maintaining my strength quite well despite only in taking around 1000-1100 calories per day.
How old..are you? Doesn't Psmf mess up your hormones? Because of such low fats?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
24, i am getting essential fat from omega 3 supplementation, and will be having carb re-feeds to try and replenish leptin levels and thyroid, also i plan on using whilst running another cycle, of PH's or AAS in 5-6 weeks which will deal with the possible effect on hormones.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Both are good but everyone responds differently. Pick one, go 8-10 weeks and if no real results, then switch to the other.....