After the diet

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I went on a strict diet for 7-8 weeks and lost 5-6lbs. I was at 1650kcal/day and now I am eating from 2,100-3,000 calories a day(still tracking but not tracking every gram) and even with eating that much I don't have the feeling of being full. I feel like I could keep eating and have to stop myself.

Is this normal? I don't want to regain all the weight that I worked so hard to lose. I am going on a lean bulk but don't want to screw up and gain a lot of fat or always feel hungry eating that much.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I went on a strict diet for 7-8 weeks and lost 5-6lbs. I was at 1650kcal/day and now I am eating from 2,100-3,000 calories a day(still tracking but not tracking every gram) and even with eating that much I don't have the feeling of being full. I feel like I could keep eating and have to stop myself.

Is this normal? I don't want to regain all the weight that I worked so hard to lose. I am going on a lean bulk but don't want to screw up and gain a lot of fat or always feel hungry eating that much.
Perfectly normal.
Hunger is much higher when calories are raised due to increases in t3, leptin, and hormone levels. The same way when you refeed or have a cheat meal during a dieting phase you may still be hungry, or wake up the next day tighter/leaner. The body speeds up as does the metabolism in processing the food.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-ltdfle.html/

Another reason people experience this.

LTDFLE stands for Long-Term Delayed Fat Loss Effect (I’d note that I have also seen a LTDGE which is a Long-Term Delayed Growth Effect but that’s another topic for another article). Basically, this is the phenomenon whereby fat loss continues to occur even after the diet has been ended and/or calories have been raised back towards/to maintenance or even above. In the same way that fitness sometimes continues to increase after the period of heavy loading, it’s almost as if there is some type of fat loss inertia whereby the diet continues working even after the person ends it.

The reverse most competitors or people who diet for periods of time find is the hardest because of how hunger does increase even when calories rise.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Perfectly normal.
Hunger is much higher when calories are raised due to increases in t3, leptin, and hormone levels. The same way when you refeed or have a cheat meal during a dieting phase you may still be hungry, or wake up the next day tighter/leaner. The body speeds up as does the metabolism in processing the food.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-ltdfle.html/

Another reason people experience this.

LTDFLE stands for Long-Term Delayed Fat Loss Effect (I’d note that I have also seen a LTDGE which is a Long-Term Delayed Growth Effect but that’s another topic for another article). Basically, this is the phenomenon whereby fat loss continues to occur even after the diet has been ended and/or calories have been raised back towards/to maintenance or even above. In the same way that fitness sometimes continues to increase after the period of heavy loading, it’s almost as if there is some type of fat loss inertia whereby the diet continues working even after the person ends it.

The reverse most competitors or people who diet for periods of time find is the hardest because of how hunger does increase even when calories rise.
Should I be concerned with it? I went on vacation and ate about 3,000 a day for week and then the second week (this past week) I averaged about 2,300 a day. This week I was going to bring it down to 2,100 and see where the scale takes me. The scale has went up 2-3 lbs in two weeks. Should I be listening to my hunger cues or continue to eat until satisfied but not over full.

I definitely don't binge because once I feel slightly full I stop.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Raise your kcals out of the deficit. If you went to 2300, stay there, monitor mirror and scale and asses. The mirror is always the #1 factor.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Is it normal to still feel hungry after eating that much? (2,300 daily) I feel that I could eat more and some days I do feel like I restrict myself because I was always a snacker when I was younger and ate every hour.

Is it necessary to lower calories on rest days? I have one rest day a week.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is it normal to still feel hungry after eating that much? (2,300 daily) I feel that I could eat more and some days I do feel like I restrict myself because I was always a snacker when I was younger and ate every hour.

Is it necessary to lower calories on rest days? I have one rest day a week.
Hunger --> I have addressed in my first post. Please go back and read it regarding hunger and after dieting. It explains everything.
yes it is normal

You don't have to reduce intake on rest days, that is personal preference. remember at the end of the week you still want to be in a surplus to maintain your new goal now that you are done dieting. If you decide to lower kcals on rest days then your WO day kcals need to be raised to maintain the surplus due to dropping your kcals on rest days.

Personally 6x of training right out of the gate may be too much. I would suggest cutting back. Rest is vital, and also necessary for growth and recovery

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Hunger --> I have addressed in my first post. Please go back and read it regarding hunger and after dieting. It explains everything.
yes it is normal

You don't have to reduce intake on rest days, that is personal preference. remember at the end of the week you still want to be in a surplus to maintain your new goal now that you are done dieting. If you decide to lower kcals on rest days then your WO day kcals need to be raised to maintain the surplus due to dropping your kcals on rest days.

Personally 6x of training right out of the gate may be too much. I would suggest cutting back. Rest is vital, and also necessary for growth and recovery
Do you suggest 4x a week? I currently do two-three lower body days, two upper, and one full body.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you suggest 4x a week? I currently do two-three lower body days, two upper, and one full body.
I would do Upper/Lower absolutely (4x a week)
Focus on 2 power days, 2 hypertrophy days to get the best of both worlds.
Also start tapering back cardio as you reverse out of your diet. This way you can help restore your body faster, and it will also help with recovery.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I could only do a 1500-1700 cal diet for about 5 days before I started feeling so sick. (Was at 4500 a day for 3 months before!) I think my problem was cutting down way too quickly but I did lose 10 lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks...along wit a good amount of strength