Kayla Needs Help Please!! Bikini Competition Prepping Any coaches out there?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. No trainer, just trial and error and the help with many people on AM. So how much do you have to lose till you get to you goal weight?

Maybe some of the experts can chime in: @HIT4ME @love2liftkat @john.patterson @Woody @cwages @UnicornDrpns @FireTitan @LeanEngineer @MidwestBeast
    .:Share your energy where its appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit

2. Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    No trainer, just trial and error and the help with many people on AM. So how much do you have to lose till you get to you goal weight?

Maybe some of the experts can chime in: @HIT4ME @love2liftkat @john.patterson @Woody @cwages @UnicornDrpns @FireTitan @LeanEngineer @MidwestBeast
    lol, not sure if I am an expert, but I hope I can help.

The first thing that jumps out at me is your stats: 213 pounds at 5'7'' and 28-30% bodyfat!!??? And you are trying out for a bikini competition?

Have you ever used any drugs?

The reason I ask is, because if you are 30% at 213 pounds, you are correct that your lean mass is approx. 149 pounds. That is at 0% bodyfat, 149 pounds of muscle, skin, bone and organs.

The reason this jumps out at me is, well, Lenda Murray was winning Mrs. Olympia BODYBUILDING competitions back in the day at 150-155 pounds and 10% bodyfat roughly. I am a guy and I don't carry even 145 pounds of lean mass I don't think. Not that I'm a big guy or that you being stronger than me is impossible. It just stands out, especially if you have never used any drugs to achieve this goal.

I am sorry if I'm being ignorant or coming across wrong - if you carry those stats and they are for real, you are going to have a hell of a physique when you are down to your goal weight. I don't intend to say you are lying to US, just that maybe your measurements are not accurate? Maybe something went wrong?

Still, if those measurements are correct, you will need to lose 40-50 pounds to get to 10%, and you should not be running into road blocks just yet.

Can you lay out precisely what your trainer has told you to eat? Do you have a food scale? Pen and paper?

There is no magic or mystery to this. I am not saying this is YOU, but there are a ton of people we come across on here and in real life that swear they are doing everything right and cannot lose weight. It seems possible and understandable at first, but the laws of physiques are never wrong, and energy is energy and doesn't just magically appear. So the first things we need to make sure you have down are the basics; which you may already, but we have to ask because it is easy to miss things. I don't follow the basics ALL THE TIME.
    •   

3. I think after you answer some of HIT4ME's concerns it will be easier to help you out...
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

4. I think coaching via internet is great help however only if you have 10-15 lbs to shred and have a decent base to begin with.
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

5. I can get down to 15%bodyfat on my own however I think I need to pay someone to motivate me to drop the last 5% for comp. I'm currently trying to shred down to sub 12%. We shall see if I can keep myself motivated without a coach.
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    I can get down to 15%bodyfat on my own however I think I need to pay someone to motivate me to drop the last 5% for comp. I'm currently trying to shred down to sub 12%. We shall see if I can keep myself motivated without a coach.
    You can -- if you want to That's the main thing. And if you have a comp date, you'll definitely be good. Plus, there's always free motivation here -- we're pretty good about that
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

7. Name:  IMG_2263.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  1.26 MBName:  IMG_1293.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  338.0 KB

Update...Since Jan 1 I have lost 16 pounds and a little over 16 inches mostly in the hips.
    My weight is around 193 right now and I have hit a wall on gradual weight loss??
    I currently workout lower body twice a week, upper once, and HITT 2 days. My macros are 150P, 124C, F56
    I generally fast from 6pm to 10am the following day sometime noon. I eat 4-5 meals a day spread out depending on my work schedule.
    I was dropping weight pretty consistent and all of a sudden it stops. I follow the eating/workout plan for 2 weeks reassess and make adjustments.
    Take a look at this and tell me your thoughts please.

8. Here is the meal plan I am on....
    In addition to all this my blood work shows a slight thyroid issue (low output) as well as slightly lower Test levels.
    I am currently taking medication for both.

Kayla’s Meal Plan
    Weeks 1-3
    4 Meal Days

Meal 1
    2 whole eggs/7 whites
    Veggies optional
    cup oatmeal or 1 granny smith apple or 3 rice cakes
    OR
    1 scoops Now w/ above carbs and 1 TBS P-butter

Meal 2
    1 scoops Now
    cup oatmeal or Granny Smith or 1 cup of blueberries
    cup almonds

Meal 3
    5.35 oz chicken or deer
    avocado
    5 oz sweet potato or 1 cup butternut squash
    Veggies

Meal 4
    5.35 oz chicken or deer
    cup rice or 5 oz sweet potato or 1 cup butternut squash
    Veggies
    OR
    Shakeology/Now mix for 37.5g protein
    cup oatmeal or 3 rice cakes

*Use this plan if you are intermitting fasting or wake up later in the day. Two meals must be from whole foods. 2 shakes a day max.

Supp
    Vitamin daily or shakeology in one shake
    Vit D
    Vit K
    2 EFA (fish oil)

*Cardio fasted if possible and always include BCAA’s, Creatine mix intra-workout

9. Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Name:  IMG_2263.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  1.26 MBName:  IMG_1293.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  338.0 KB

Update...Since Jan 1 I have lost 16 pounds and a little over 16 inches mostly in the hips.
    My weight is around 193 right now and I have hit a wall on gradual weight loss??
    I currently workout lower body twice a week, upper once, and HITT 2 days. My macros are 150P, 124C, F56
    I generally fast from 6pm to 10am the following day sometime noon. I eat 4-5 meals a day spread out depending on my work schedule.
    I was dropping weight pretty consistent and all of a sudden it stops. I follow the eating/workout plan for 2 weeks reassess and make adjustments.
    Take a look at this and tell me your thoughts please.
    So, it looks like you have made some tremendous progress! Great work. If you are relatively new to lifting weights or if you were lifting but not seeing results and you are new to effective training, you COULD be putting on muscle pretty fast. By fast I mean maybe a 5-10 pound muscle gain in 12 months...which means 3-5 pounds of muscle in 5 months isn't out of the realm of possibility. It certainly seems like you have made more than 16 pounds of progress.

Having said that, I haven't had a chance to add up all of your diet, but I think it is good to know that fat loss doesn't occur in a steady, predictable fashion.

You can do everything right and it seems like the scale isn't moving for a long time, then suddenly one day there is a 2-4 pound loss that seems very sudden. There is little science to my theory here, but it is the most plausible explanation I have come across: as you burn fat, you tend to store water intracellularly. So, you retain water as the fat burns, and then when things stabilize you have a whoosh effect as your body dumps the excess fluid. This can make dieting a mind game that is very frustrating, but once you see it enough, it can be a mental advantage.

The other advice I have, which runs counter to a lot of people, is to weigh yourself 2-4 times a day. Not once a week. Wake up, use the toilet, strip naked and weigh yourself. After that, weigh yourself at least one more time at night.

The data you will gather will teach you a lot if you pay attention...and actually prove to you that the scale is a tool and not the only thing that matters. You will learn how much certain clothes weigh, see how much just a glass of water effects your weight (most people forget that a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds and having a glass of water in your stomach will add a pound easy).

Now, the idea is counter intuitive. If you are going to obsess over weight and feel bad about yourself...this idea can be bad. For me, it actually taught me a lot once I learned what to expect and it taught me to NOT feel bad if my weight ticket up a pound d or two.

10. Great progress! I didn't add up your macros. Ur your diet looks pretty good. I would say that you should try to eat more protein and having less shakes. Nothing wrong with drinking food but eating food give s a better feeling of satiety. How tall are you again and what are your macros?

About the scale, that is great advice @HIT4ME, then again , your advice is always on point

11. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    Great progress! I didn't add up your macros. Ur your diet looks pretty good. I would say that you should try to eat more protein and having less shakes. Nothing wrong with drinking food but eating food give s a better feeling of satiety. How tall are you again and what are your macros?

About the scale, that is great advice @HIT4ME, then again , your advice is always on point
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone like you that has account.plished so much more than I have in this area.

12. Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Here is the meal plan I am on....
    In addition to all this my blood work shows a slight thyroid issue (low output) as well as slightly lower Test levels.
    I am currently taking medication for both.

Kayla’s Meal Plan
    Weeks 1-3
    4 Meal Days

Meal 1
    2 whole eggs/7 whites (assuming this is 2 whole eggs and 5 additional whites?)

235 cals, 10 g fat, 2.5 carg, 29 protein

Veggies optional

I would guess 50 cals for veggies, 12 g carbs, mostly fiber

cup oatmeal or 1 granny smith apple or 3 rice cakes

1/2 cup of raw rolled oats= 190 calories, 5 g fat, 32 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein

Totals = 475 cals, 15 g fat, about 47 g of carbs, probably 10 g of fiber and 36 g protein.

OR
    1 scoops Now w/ above carbs and 1 TBS P-butter

Personally, I like the eggs, veggies and oats and would avoid the shake whenever possible ...unless you calorie cycle.

Meal 2
    1 scoops Now
    cup oatmeal or Granny Smith or 1 cup of blueberries
    cup almonds

1.5 scoops now whey = 240 cals, 2 fat, 7.5 carbs, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.

Oatmeal as above.

Almonds = 130 cals, 11 g fat, 5 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.

Totals 560 cals, 23.5 g fat, 45 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 56 g protein.

Meal 3
    5.35 oz chicken or deer
    Approx 240 cals, 6 g fat, 51 g protein

avocado
    80 cals, 7 g fat, 4 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.

5 oz sweet potato or 1 cup butternut squash
    120 cals, 28 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.

Veggies
    Same assumptions as above.

Totals:490 calories, 13 g fat, 44 g carbs, 12 g fiber, 54 g protein.

Meal 4
    5.35 oz chicken or deer
    cup rice or 5 oz sweet potato or 1 cup butternut squash
    Veggies

Essentially meal 3 again...

OR
    Shakeology/Now mix for 37.5g protein
    cup oatmeal or 3 rice cakes

*Use this plan if you are intermitting fasting or wake up later in the day. Two meals must be from whole foods. 2 shakes a day max.

Supp
    Vitamin daily or shakeology in one shake
    Vit D
    Vit K
    2 EFA (fish oil)

*Cardio fasted if possible and always include BCAA’s, Creatine mix intra-workout
    Sorry for the messy addition above...but I am getting approx. 2000-2100 calories/day, 65 g fat, 180 carbs, 45 fiber, 200 g protein.

Honestly, the setup looks decent, but the calories are probably slightly higher than they maybe should be depending on how fast you need to lose.

On the other hand...it seems like you may be doing well with the progress beyond what the scale shows - it may be worth having patience with.

13. I think you've made great progress on your own. Keep incorporating things and making changes as your progress stalls and I think you'll make even more tremendous changes. However, as you get leaner and leaner the changes will come slower and slower so, be prepared for that occurance. Great Job!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone like you that has account.plished so much more than I have in this area.
    That's highly debatable. I legit think you have achieved more. You have lost weight like a boss

15. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    That's highly debatable. I legit think you have achieved more. You have lost weight like a boss
    Yeah, you are right. I am awesome. Haha, jk.

I have lost A LOT of weight, but I have NEVER gotten it as dialed in as you have. But a lifetime of being extremely fat (and I mean it - it was extreme) means I have to pay some dues for a looong while. But it is worth it. I am probably 20-25 pounds above my low point right now and I feel like a slob. Even that, to me, is a win - because when I was more than 100 pounds heavier than this I never felt a thing. It just snuck up on me and I accepted it. Having a new standard where I actually have a negative feeling in my body to being overweight tells me I fixed something.

16. UnicornDrpns
    I am 5'7"
    Macros are
    P-150
    C-124
    F-72

My hubby just changed it this week with a little switcharoo to see how I respond.
    Trying to figure out my maintenance cals???
    We are going with
    1700 cals this week instead of 1600
    P-150g
    C-174g
    F-44g

17. Do you use a tracking app like MyFitnessPal and weigh out your foods? This is crucial when its comes to a point that you arent seeing anymore progress!!

18. I use MyFitnessPal and weigh everything I eat... You are so right.
    Thank you for checking on me as well. I need your support

19. Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    I use MyFitnessPal and weigh everything I eat... You are so right.
    Thank you for checking on me as well. I need your support
    Perfect, make sure you are double checking your entries. I noticed that even when I scan something it says on the label 180 calories but when its scanned it comes up as 190 calories and vice versa.

20. Your cals are way too low. That's why weight loss has stopped. Up your cardio and weight training days and increase calories and weight will fly off.

Make your metabolism work for you. Fasted HIIT 7 days a week for 30mins. (15min intervals followed by 15 min intense steady state.) will give a huge spike to insulin sensitivity and also increase your EPOC.

Your protein and carbs should be higher along with your carbs. I know girls who weigh 140lbs eating closer to 300gr carbs per day and losing fat. (7 days HIIT cardio & weight training per week)

What I've learned most this last year the slow and difficult way to cut body fat is to just eat low cals and out in minimal work OR which is much easier to sustain mentally and long term is more work and increased cals to pull from. At 198 where are you going to pull from at 170lbs? Just protein and veggies with another 30lbs to lose? That's far from realistic but women often fall into that trap.

Eat and train like a dude and you'll look amazing, I promise.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

21. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    I can get down to 15%bodyfat on my own however I think I need to pay someone to motivate me to drop the last 5% for comp. I'm currently trying to shred down to sub 12%. We shall see if I can keep myself motivated without a coach.
    I'm going to sound like a d!ck but following your log, you won't.

I was in the same boat, get a coach and PAY GOOD MONEY ($250-300/month) and watch how easy it is to skip that weekend binge and get in the best shape of your life. It may not seem like much but that brief lapse kills progress. I went without a cheat or refeed for 8 weeks once I hired one. Never missed a cardio session or workout. Accountability is incredible. I gained about 40-50lbs of lean muscle and dropped probably close to 5%bf over a year and 3 months (183lbs and 18ish BF to 225 and 13ish BF).

Learned so many subtle tricks to make everything just that much better. Well worth the $3,000 for the time spent.
  22. Kayla Needs Help Please!! Bikini Competition Prepping Any coaches out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

I was in the same boat, get a coach and PAY GOOD MONEY ($250-300/month) and watch how easy it is to skip that weekend binge and get in the best shape of your life. It may not seem like much but that brief lapse kills progress. I went without a cheat or refeed for 8 weeks once I hired one. Never missed a cardio session or workout. Accountability is incredible. I gained about 40-50lbs of lean muscle and dropped probably close to 5%bf over a year and 3 months (183lbs and 18ish BF to 225 and 13ish BF).

Learned so many subtle tricks to make everything just that much better. Well worth the $3,000 for the time spent.
    Everyone has different opinions on how to do things. Honestly I don't believe in having to spend thousands of dollars for "motivation". I don't believe in not cheating. I don't believe in that amount of ridiculous cardio. The reason I'm not where I'd like to be is bc I haven't really wanted it enough. I've been wanting to be with friends and family more. If I cared to make such sacrifices I could get 90% of the way there (I've already been here and naturally too).

Name:  IMG_7378.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  206.7 KB
    This was only 5 lbs ago from where inam now ( above pic). Compared to where I started (below pic)Name:  IMG_1823.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  1.20 MB

I'm not going to spend $3000 to get a "smidge " more esthetic. I'm just not that into the sport to justify that much money when I'm already 90% happy

In short original poster , you don't have to do tons of cardio. I've done none. Every has oponons on how to do things. Just do what keeps you motivated , eat enough , get your proteins in, enjoy the process. If you need someone to keep you accountable , a trainer is definitely money well spent.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Your cals are way too low. That's why weight loss has stopped. Up your cardio and weight training days and increase calories and weight will fly off.

Make your metabolism work for you. Fasted HIIT 7 days a week for 30mins. (15min intervals followed by 15 min intense steady state.) will give a huge spike to insulin sensitivity and also increase your EPOC.

Your protein and carbs should be higher along with your carbs. I know girls who weigh 140lbs eating closer to 300gr carbs per day and losing fat. (7 days HIIT cardio & weight training per week)

What I've learned most this last year the slow and difficult way to cut body fat is to just eat low cals and out in minimal work OR which is much easier to sustain mentally and long term is more work and increased cals to pull from. At 198 where are you going to pull from at 170lbs? Just protein and veggies with another 30lbs to lose? That's far from realistic but women often fall into that trap.

Eat and train like a dude and you'll look amazing, I promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

Sorry man, since we are being honest and not worrying about being d1cks - this is all horrible advice and complete fantasy land.

First, you should look at her diet, she is saying she is at 1600 calories, but when you add up what she's eating, it's closer to 2000-2100. That is not too little. As a matter of fact, eating too little is really NEVER going to cause you to stall. And by never, I mean...yeah, never. I am sure there are a lot of starving ethiopians who REALLY wish there was even a little truth to the idea that eating less could slow down your metabolism and stall weight loss.

Telling someone who is eating more than they realize already that they aren't eating enough is not helpful. It is fantasy. There is no magic here. The laws of thermodynamics apply just like in the rest of life.

Second, if you gained 40-50 pounds of muscle in 15 months - then either:

1. You were using drugs.

2. You had previously carried a lot of muscle and for some reason (like extreme sickness) you lost a lot of weight and muscle, and then you got better and started working out again.

3. You are fooling yourself. Yup, a lot of people start off lifting weights as a newbie and think, "Yeah, I'm 18% bodyfat" - and they are really like 25% or even 30%. A lot of people lifting for years still fall for the lies we tell ourselves.

The fact is, even someone with extremely good genetics that is a complete newbie to the game wouldn't gain 30 pounds of muscle in their first year. And subtle tricks don't make much difference. The basics account for 90%.

Also, there is NO WAY anyone could do TRUE HIIT workouts 7 days a week. This right here is a red flag that, either you don't work as hard as you think, or you don't do what you are telling others to do.
  24. Kayla Needs Help Please!! Bikini Competition Prepping Any coaches out there?

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Sorry man, since we are being honest and not worrying about being d1cks - this is all horrible advice and complete fantasy land.

First, you should look at her diet, she is saying she is at 1600 calories, but when you add up what she's eating, it's closer to 2000-2100. That is not too little. As a matter of fact, eating too little is really NEVER going to cause you to stall. And by never, I mean...yeah, never. I am sure there are a lot of starving ethiopians who REALLY wish there was even a little truth to the idea that eating less could slow down your metabolism and stall weight loss.

Telling someone who is eating more than they realize already that they aren't eating enough is not helpful. It is fantasy. There is no magic here. The laws of thermodynamics apply just like in the rest of life.

Second, if you gained 40-50 pounds of muscle in 15 months - then either:

1. You were using drugs.

2. You had previously carried a lot of muscle and for some reason (like extreme sickness) you lost a lot of weight and muscle, and then you got better and started working out again.

3. You are fooling yourself. Yup, a lot of people start off lifting weights as a newbie and think, "Yeah, I'm 18% bodyfat" - and they are really like 25% or even 30%. A lot of people lifting for years still fall for the lies we tell ourselves.

The fact is, even someone with extremely good genetics that is a complete newbie to the game wouldn't gain 30 pounds of muscle in their first year. And subtle tricks don't make much difference. The basics account for 90%.

Also, there is NO WAY anyone could do TRUE HIIT workouts 7 days a week. This right here is a red flag that, either you don't work as hard as you think, or you don't do what you are telling others to do.
    Take a look at some of my logs...I know a thing or two.

yes in that time frame I was "on" for about a total of 28weeks.

A lot of your points for general health and "fitness" yes I agree, however competing is apples to oranges.

I've see countless times, women's specifically, add hundreds of calories to their diet and lose body fat rather quickly when paired with HIIT cardio and strength based weight training. Again, competing vs. general health are night and day.

I don't need to get into a pissing contest with you. My track record speaks for itself.

2017 season

25. You are looking great and have done a very nice job so far, I can't believe you weight 193 ?? How tall are you ? Change takes time, don't rush things.
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need help please. I'm doing a 12 week prep and want to cut with epi
    By Muscleilove in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. I really need help. please any advice