Recomp/Cut

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have purchased ABE, ArA, and Tr1umph. I was also thinking about getting Ignit3. I have read a lot about how these supplements can really assist a cut, bulk, and recomp.
I want to do a recomp that leans more towards cutting. I lift 4 days a week in the evening and do cardio 3 times a week in the morning. This cardio is all HIT and fasted, like working the bag or a session with body weight stuff and running, or a sport that has me running all over the place.

Stats are 5'9", about 179, I THINK 14-16% BF. My question is can I still lose fat effectively with assistance of these sups, fasted ignit3 cardio with a little yohimbe-hcl, and hitting my TDEE calories at 2700 on lifting days and 500 under TDEE on off days, while trying to accomplish the supposed naturally impossible task of obtaining some lean mass?

My cardio days are the same days as my lifting days.

I got current pics but cant post the link yet.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a solid line-up of supplements, those are all great products. And doing a successful recomp is one of the most challenging ways to make progress as a natural lifter. If you're eating maintenance on lifting/cardio days, and you're in a deficit on rest days, it will probably be a challenge to build muscle because you aren't giving your body enough calories to grow. The products you've selected might help, but often times you'll end up spinning your wheels trying to do a recomp.

My advice from what I've tried and seen work well for me would be to eat 200-300 over maintenance on training days, and 200-400 below on cardio and rest days. Again though, just my opinion.

With the stack you've put together, it might be a smarter move to do a lean bulk and try to put on some muscle for 8-12 weeks first using the ABE, ArA, and Tr1umph; and then transition into a cut with Ignit3. You could definitely keep going about it the way you are, but progress will be very slow in both directions (fat loss and muscle gain). It might make more sense to split up your goals and attack each individually. I would recommend aiming to gain .5-1lb per week for a short lean bulk, and then start a cut and consider adding in Alphamax XT to maintain your strength and help to improve your body composition while dieting.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely a solid line-up of supplements, those are all great products. And doing a successful recomp is one of the most challenging ways to make progress as a natural lifter. If you're eating maintenance on lifting/cardio days, and you're in a deficit on rest days, it will probably be a challenge to build muscle because you aren't giving your body enough calories to grow. The products you've selected might help, but often times you'll end up spinning your wheels trying to do a recomp.

My advice from what I've tried and seen work well for me would be to eat 200-300 over maintenance on training days, and 200-400 below on cardio and rest days. Again though, just my opinion.

With the stack you've put together, it might be a smarter move to do a lean bulk and try to put on some muscle for 8-12 weeks first using the ABE, ArA, and Tr1umph; and then transition into a cut with Ignit3. You could definitely keep going about it the way you are, but progress will be very slow in both directions (fat loss and muscle gain). It might make more sense to split up your goals and attack each individually. I would recommend aiming to gain .5-1lb per week for a short lean bulk, and then start a cut and consider adding in Alphamax XT to maintain your strength and help to improve your body composition while dieting.
So if I start the ArA tomorrow 50 workout days would be completed on Jun 23. I would start the ABE on April 24 because I'm coming off a forskolin product. I have already started the Tr1umph. So your saying alphamax after the ABE?

If I want to compete in July, should I hop on this recomp program now and cut if I need to several weeks out, or keep on cutting and start lean bulking/ recomping several weeks out.

And I actually went with norcodrene instead

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you want to compete in July, I would give yourself at least 12-16 weeks to diet down and prep properly. The last 1-1.5 weeks of prep will be spend dialing everything in and carbing up, so there won't be much fat lost in the last 10-12 days leading up to the show. If you're currently sitting around 14-15%, I would start your first stages of prep mid to end of April to ensure you'll be conditioned enough for the stage.

With that being said, You could start the ArA now and do a short lean bulk or maintenance diet for the next 4-6 weeks - it isn't enough time to put on much muscle (if any) before you begin prepping, but ArA can still be beneficial in while dieting. You could also start ABE with ArA and stack the two, forskolin doesn't need to be cycled.

I would do ABE + ArA now, and then follow that with Alphamax XT + Norcodrene as you get farther into your prep. Have you done a show or show prep before?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'll start my competition prep on Apr 26 till July 18 allowing for 10 days of carbing up till July 29. This is exactly 12 weeks.

I started my ABE and ArA today. 50 workout days of ArA and 60 days ABE. If I want AXT to last me trough comp prep then there will be an 11 day gap between my stop and start of ABE and AXT. I have another forskolin product I can take for these 11 days. But you don't think a longer break should be taken between the 2?

I have done a show before. I kept the prep simple, drank 2 gallons of water up until show day while counting macros and keeping my sodium at 4Gs. Also ate maintenance three days out to fill up a little bit. I've read that people try to manipulate water extracellular water storage in order to obtain a drier look. But I've read this doesn't happen as your body keeps a tight regulation on intracellular/extracellular water retention. They do this depletion and end up looking flat because they have no intracellular water now.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a solid setup. I think it would be best to run ABE and Alphamax XT without a break in between. You don't technically need to be using Alphamax XT up until show day, and it would be more beneficial to run them back to back. I would use the forskolin product for the last 11 days before your show, instead of leaving an 11 day gap between ABE and Alphamax XT.

How long are you running ABE for? If you're just using one bottle, which would be a 4 week cycle, then you'll be find start 4 weeks of Alphamax XT direclty after. If you're doing an 8 week run with ABE, then it would be best to take a 3-4 week break between ABE and Alphamax XT. With most natural anabolics, its best to give your body a break after 8 weeks of consecutive use.

100% agree with the water manipulation and making changes a week out from a show. Some guys simply don't get lean enough and think they can look "dry" if they drop water intake leading into a show. Most guys that do that aren't lean enough to begin with, and messing with water and sodium intake can have a large impact on intracellular water which will make the muscle look flat and small. Carb up, keep the sodium intake consistent, and drink plenty of water leading into a show. I would suggest drinking less water the morning before show day, but don't cut water out completely.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was gonna ABE 8 weeks to get the most out of my ArA run since the lodhra bark makes it more potent.

So bridging my gap between ABE and AXT would be OK with that forskolin product? Which is vitapaths 250mg at 20% forskolin. Though I was only taking one, 2 woulda have been the optimal amount during that time. Since I now know near 100mg extract is the sweet spot.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Was gonna ABE 8 weeks to get the most out of my ArA run since the lodhra bark makes it more potent.

So bridging my gap between ABE and AXT would be OK with that forskolin product? Which is vitapaths 250mg at 20% forskolin. Though I was only taking one, 2 woulda have been the optimal amount during that time. Since I now know near 100mg extract is the sweet spot.
Yeah, running forskolin between the two products would be fine. I would personally opt for a higher % extract if you can, as lower % extracts can cause some GI distress for some users. But if you've used it in the past and it works for you, then it should be fine. Your setup sounds solid man

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I just checked out alpha max more closely. Do the T/Free T benefits out weigh the fact it's crushing my DHT? And I almost want to save this stuff for a nice controlled bulk instead or a bridge from ABE to it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So I just checked out alpha max more closely. Do the T/Free T benefits out weigh the fact it's crushing my DHT? And I almost want to save this stuff for a nice controlled bulk instead or a bridge from ABE to it.
As a natural product, Alphamax XT shouldn't have significant impacts on your DHT levels. Were you experiencing side effects of low DHT?

It's definitely a great product to use for a lean bulk, but I also really enjoy it while cutting. I feel harder and more vascular when cutting on it, and I find that my strength and intensity is better in the gym. It also improves recovery which can be very beneficial while dieting.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
As a natural product, Alphamax XT shouldn't have significant impacts on your DHT levels. Were you experiencing side effects of low DHT?

It's definitely a great product to use for a lean bulk, but I also really enjoy it while cutting. I feel harder and more vascular when cutting on it, and I find that my strength and intensity is better in the gym. It also improves recovery which can be very beneficial while dieting.
Definitely get intensity and agression after week 2. Not to mention libido boat and better sleep. But alphamax xt and mtest I respond well too

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Well I haven't tried it, I'm planning for it. I guess I should try it both ways and see where I prefer it. My cycle of this stuff will run several weeks before and after my competition, so I can atleast feel it for cutting and reverse dieting.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Well I haven't tried it, I'm planning for it. I guess I should try it both ways and see where I prefer it. My cycle of this stuff will run several weeks before and after my competition, so I can atleast feel it for cutting and reverse dieting.
I see. Yeah I would recommend trying it both ways to see how it treats you. I really enjoy Alphamax XT regardless of my goals, I find it to be beneficial for bulking or cutting. Keep us updated on your experience and thoughts