Thoughts on loosing 12-15 lbs in 6 weeks?

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
So guys,

What do you think about loosing 12-15lbs in 6 weeks?

Doable? Not doable?

By loosing this, I don't mean going on something where you just lose the water weight or retention that you have, but burning fat, while still maintain muscle and not burning it out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It depends on your stats.(height, weight, age etc) If your 300lbs with a good amount of bf thats doable. If you're pretty lean and you are wanting to hold onto muscle at the same time it will be harder to do but 12 lbs would be probable be doable depending on the person though.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
It depends on your stats.(height, weight, age etc) If your 300lbs with a good amount of bf thats doable. If you're pretty lean and you are wanting to hold onto muscle at the same time it will be harder to do but 12 lbs would be probable be doable depending on the person though.
I am pretty lean.. and prepping for a contest, still shedding weight weekly..

The Arnold Classic South Africa that is, in 6 weeks.. and so I was just curious.

Appreciate the feedback man :)

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into the Dave Polombo cutting diet. Its a Pre-Contest diet. I used it with much success.
Lost 14lbs in the first month and 35 in 4 months. Im sure water loss was the 1st week or so,
but after that I lost inches of my waist.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ I'd say check out the above diet that vujade has mentioned! Sounds like it would fit what you need.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Look into the Dave Polombo cutting diet. Its a Pre-Contest diet. I used it with much success.
Lost 14lbs in the first month and 35 in 4 months. Im sure water loss was the 1st week or so,
but after that I lost inches of my waist.
Thanks bro! Will check it out right away.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
PSMF protocol by Lyle McDonald is solid - I'd read his book on it first (you can find free online pdf's of it with a simple google search).

It is a crash diet though.. depending on which category you fall in, depends how long you need to do it.

It's a quick read and super useful protocol to have in the cutting world :)

Edit: Not a fan of Lyle by any means... but it works. lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed with what's already been stated here.

And if you're prepping for a contest, you know your body better than any of us (e.g. if you can drop enough to step on stage in the condition you want to be in). As a general rule anymore, I'd lean toward no unless you had a substantial amount of fat to lose, but it doesn't mean it can't be done.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty lean.. and prepping for a contest, still shedding weight weekly..

The Arnold Classic South Africa that is, in 6 weeks.. and so I was just curious.

Appreciate the feedback man :)
Great advice in here already. Another factor to consider is that losing body fat becomes harder and harder the leaner you get. If you're prepping for a show, the last 5-10 pounds will be the most challenging part of the process, so if anything I would allot more time to lose the last bit of bodyfat.

I normally recommend losing 1-1.5lb per week while dieting, so losing 2-2.5lb per week on a consistent basis toward the end of a prep would be highly unlikely IMO. The leaner you are, the longer the process takes.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I've lost about 10lbs within 2 1/2 weeks using ignit3 and significantly reducing cals. So that's like 4 lbs a week average consistently so I believe you could definitely lose an average of 2lbs per week by taking something and dieting EXTREMELY STRICLY, though like you said you are already pretty lean. I was probably around 15% body fat. Not necessarily easy but definitely doable.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've lost about 10lbs within 2 1/2 weeks using ignit3 and significantly reducing cals. So that's like 4 lbs a week average consistently so I believe you could definitely lose an average of 2lbs per week by taking something and dieting EXTREMELY STRICLY, though like you said you are already pretty lean. I was probably around 15% body fat. Not necessarily easy but definitely doable.
I would be cautious with dropping calories that significantly and causing a loss of 4lbs per week. The first few weeks in a large deficit is easy, but when you eventually plateau you will need to lower calories more, and continue lowering them when you stall. Drastic changes in calorie intake can lead to metabolic damage, and it can make future progress and fat loss very difficult. Slow and steady is always the best method when it comes to gaining or losing weight

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I would be cautious with dropping calories that significantly and causing a loss of 4lbs per week. The first few weeks in a large deficit is easy, but when you eventually plateau you will need to lower calories more, and continue lowering them when you stall. Drastic changes in calorie intake can lead to metabolic damage, and it can make future progress and fat loss very difficult. Slow and steady is always the best method when it comes to gaining or losing weight
After the first few weeks I couldn't continue I definitey agree I am having to go much more slowly to finish out this current cut