REFEED DAY!

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Honestly just wanna know yalls refeed days and what honestly works best for y'all!!!
Love some feedback and to hear all the different ideas and methods!
I'd love to incorporate the best one in my diet tho!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A slight surplus above maintenance, fats as low as possible, protein at 1-1.25g/lb of bodyweight and the rest carbs.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
I have only started with a refeed that is more of a cheat to be honest in the last couple of weeks (after 3 months of an almot clean diet all the time) and when I do it I just try to relax and enjoy it. Still trying to go healthy but equally allowing me to have some fun ie by having a beer.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A slight surplus above maintenance, fats as low as possible, protein at 1-1.25g/lb of bodyweight and the rest carbs.
This to a T. That's what I do and it works wonders for me.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
For my last re-feed i ended up having the following, 2100-2300 calories, 67-70 g protein, 370-400 g carbs and 20-23 grams of fat, my maintenance level is normally around 2700-3000 calories, so does low protein and low fat with moderate to high carb still work to replenish leptin and thyroid hormones.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Agreed fully with AntM1564. Don't get too stressed over the little details with refeeds. Try out a few different strategies and see how your body responds.

For me personally, when I'm cutting I refeed once a week. Protein stays at 1g/lb, fats as low as possible (20-25g), and usually 350-400g of carbs depending on my current macros and level of leanness. The biggest challenge is finding tasty foods that you enjoy that are also low in fat.

I also utilize a GDA on refeed days. I'll take 2 caps of Slinmax before my 2 biggest high carb meals. I really find that it helps with my digestion and decreases bloating. I always get an insane pump in the gym the following day, and usually wake up two days later at a new low weight

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
+1 with above. I do a refeed every 3rd day.
Really?

I do it once a week. I do my cheat meal 2-3 days apart however.

Currently I aim for 800-1100g carbs, keeping fats below 50-60g.

I stick to basics -
Bagels with jams/honey
Pancakes with jams/syrup
Various cereals.
Low fat oven chips
Pretzels
Sorbet aka lemon/mango
Pasta

I don't eat rice, oats on refeed day as I eat enough of that during the week.

I don't eat all of those, just a mix. Most contain no fats, the low fat oven chips probably contains the most but it's the easiest to eat.

Reason I aim so high is I'm not generally a big eater, and if anything I under-eat so I need the calorie boost.

My maintenance is around 2700 calories, but some days I barely eat 2000.

I actually feel pretty good on refeed days, I feel worse after cheat meals especially chocolate / ice cream. I now try to stick to 1 pizza and I feel like the pretzels and oven wedges on the refeed help me feel like a 2nd cheat meal but they're not so much.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Agreed fully with AntM1564. Don't get too stressed over the little details with refeeds. Try out a few different strategies and see how your body responds.

For me personally, when I'm cutting I refeed once a week. Protein stays at 1g/lb, fats as low as possible (20-25g), and usually 350-400g of carbs depending on my current macros and level of leanness. The biggest challenge is finding tasty foods that you enjoy that are also low in fat.

I also utilize a GDA on refeed days. I'll take 2 caps of Slinmax before my 2 biggest high carb meals. I really find that it helps with my digestion and decreases bloating. I always get an insane pump in the gym the following day, and usually wake up two days later at a new low weight
When doing PSMF, i find just plain baked potatoes with some ketchup and encona hot sauce taste great, also beans in tomato sauce Heinz and Porridge Oats with Zero Syrups. when you restrict carbs they taste much better + cleaner foods work much better at providing clean energy to aid the cutting process for another couple of days by improving energy levels for workouts.