I need explanation for this!

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,
I started an agressive mini cut 2 weeks with the goal to shed maximum fat loss I can for 4 weeks before I lean bulk.
Before those 2 weeks of agreesive mini cut I did a deficit of 400 for 2 weeks with a week break(exams..). I lost 5lbs in this cut then got it back in the one break.
Before I start this agreesive mini cut I was 190lbs : the first week I got to 185lbs . I did a 2days weekend cheat days about 3500-4000kcals per day.
Afer the cheat days now after 3days of huge defict of minimum 1000kcal (TDEE:2800 , eating around 1600-1700 , training 6days weightlifting+HIIT daily) I'm still strugling at 186lbs from monday. I tought I would lose the cheat days added weight in two days , But today still stagning around 186lbs with no visible fat loss and holding some water. At a deficit I was waiting a drop of minimum 8lbs in 2 weeks as from past experiences that wasn't the case.
How Can You explain this stagnation?
I still have 2 more weeks to go after this it's hard to do that amount of deficit and training and not losing visible fat?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi guys,
I started an agressive mini cut 2 weeks with the goal to shed maximum fat loss I can for 4 weeks before I lean bulk.
Before those 2 weeks of agreesive mini cut I did a deficit of 400 for 2 weeks with a week break(exams..). I lost 5lbs in this cut then got it back in the one break.
Before I start this agreesive mini cut I was 190lbs : the first week I got to 185lbs . I did a 2days weekend cheat days about 3500-4000kcals per day.
Afer the cheat days now after 3days of huge defict of minimum 1000kcal (TDEE:2800 , eating around 1600-1700 , training 6days weightlifting+HIIT daily) I'm still strugling at 186lbs from monday. I tought I would lose the cheat days added weight in two days , But today still stagning around 186lbs with no visible fat loss and holding some water. At a deficit I was waiting a drop of minimum 8lbs in 2 weeks as from past experiences that wasn't the case.
How Can You explain this stagnation?
I still have 2 more weeks to go after this it's hard to do that amount of deficit and training and not losing visible fat?
Sounds like a lot of training to me. Keep in mind that the less you eat, the less fuel you are giving your body to recover. Your cortisol levels have probably spiked IMO. If you want to train that hard and that frequently in a cut, you have to control your cortisol to keep getting results. Another option would just be to simply cut back with all the training. Daily HIT takes a toll on the body...combining that with six days of weight training is simply too much to ask your body to recover from.

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a lot of training to me. Keep in mind that the less you eat, the less fuel you are giving your body to recover. Your cortisol levels have probably spiked IMO. If you want to train that hard and that frequently in a cut, you have to control your cortisol to keep getting results. Another option would just be to simply cut back with all the training. Daily HIT takes a toll on the body...combining that with six days of weight training is simply too much to ask your body to recover from.
Even if I started this plan for 10dyas only and taking 1g of Vit C after weightlifting.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
No science here but I am sure the body will not respons that fast. It's a machine...but not a perfect one. Give itsome time and keep the deficit, you will lose it.

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No science here but I am sure the body will not respons that fast. It's a machine...but not a perfect one. Give itsome time and keep the deficit, you will lose it.
Yes true, but from previous experience and others experiences . That huge deficit change things drastically especially when stop training for a while before cutting.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Make sure your water in take is good. I would cut back your training days to 4 and do HITT as well. A lot of it is just consistency with your diet and giving it time. You may not be able to stay in the huge defiicit you currently are in but even if you are in a little deficit the weight should still come off slowly.

OHBRUTUSIO

Awards
Putting your body in a huge deficit while making major demands of it puts it in survival mode and you will burn more muscle than fat IMO. Also, 2 weekend cheat days waste anything you did during the week weight control wise. If you want to do a cut its a weekly cheat MEAL with maybe a partitioner and fiber a half hour before. Also by cheat MEAL it doesnt mean a whole pizza. Get the taste you are caving and move on. Good luck bro!